the Rift

Hell hath no fury... [open]

Keahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
KEAHI
Die Sonne scheint mir aus den Händen, Kann verbrennen kann euch blenden

It is late afternoon and the heat has reached qualmish degrees, anyone in their right mind searching shelter from the merciless sun. Except for Keahi. Like a large feline, the onyx hellcat glides across the borders of yet another land. Sharp bones move visibly just beneath her hide, jutting out at hips and ribs, but with an air of strong determination in every movement. Her emerald eyes survey the withering surroundings, coming to the conclusion that this must be the Foothills. Thin, sateen skin is tainted by dried blood from a wound on her nape, face decorated by tiny streams of crimson, running from her ears and nose. Keahi grits her teeth in anger, but on the exterior, she is calm as still waters. She does not turn the other cheek, does not bow to anyone, as Mauja is about to find out now. A smile creeps upon her lips. He will pay dearly for his crime against her.

Coming to a halt atop of one of the hills, she whickers softly, faintly. Let them arrive and witness the blood on her skin, lending credibility to what she is about to tell them. She knows that she cannot force them to believe a word that she is saying, being a stranger and having no witnesses. It is a case of simple he-said-she-said, but for the damage it will do, the doubt that it will sow; that is good enough for her. Optics framed in heavy black lashes glance across the open terrain, the sun dancing across her glistening pelt. Her blood is pumping fast through her slashed vessels, leonine tail flicking impatiently behind her. A damsel in distress, surely no one could resist such a scenario. Cloven hooves paw at the dry dirt below, whirling up small clouds of dust, yet none of it seems to stick to her slick black coat.

They shouldn’t be long now. The smell of her blood would soon infiltrate the stale air, bringing out curious faces to seek the source. She did not really want to do this, but he left her no choice when he turned her blood to glass, leaving her helpless and alone in a land where she had no assistance. Leaving her for the mountain lions and wolves to feast on her, while she wouldn’t have been able to resist. Today, Lady Luck smiled down on her for once, making sure that no one approached in her vulnerable state. Vengeance breathed strength into her lungs, and the creatures within these lands were about to become chess pieces in her personal vendetta. As soon as she found her legs, she came here, staggering at first but soon finding the delicate grace that she possesses, cloven hooves bringing her safely to her destination. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I bet Mauja will never forget.

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered

There was a strange scent that floated lazily on the breeze that wafted through the fields of the Foothills. Indy's ears tilted back as he inhaled deeply. Blood. There was no mistake about it. The bitter, metallic smell of it was sickening. Coupled with it was the scent of a mare. One that wasn't a part of his herd. He heard a faint whicker and sighed softly. At least this one had the decency to stop on the boarder and announce her presence rather than waltzing deeper into his territory, expecting a welcome wagon rather than suspicious looks.

The tall stallion moved into a swift canter, his hooves thundering over the dried earth as he moved in the mare's direction. Soon he could see her, her dark form standing atop one of the many hills the territory was so aptly named for. He whinnied as he approached. There was no doubt in his mind that the mare had seen him. How could she not notice a black beast or ignore the thundering of hooves? The whinny was only to let her know that he meant her no harm.

Indy slowed as he drew closer, eventually coming to a halt before her. His blue eyes swept over the length of her body, searching for wounds before coming to her face. He sniffed then snorted again. Mauja's scent was on the mare and that made him wary. The Edge leader had done nothing to make him cross. It made him wonder why his scent would be on a mare that had been beaten.

"Welcome to the Windtossed Foothills, I am Indy the Righteous." he introduced himself to the mare with a dip of his head. "Who might you be and why, might I ask, are you bleeding?"

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Unregistered
KEAHI

He takes the bait. She watches, devours him with her eyes, as the big, black stallion thunders towards her. He is an impressive sight, towering a good hand over her, with plenty of muscle on his bones. The friendly whinny he gives in reply makes her smile slightly, satisfied with his state of mind. Without a doubt he must be important, with the way he carries himself, his authoritative demeanor shining out of his body. Keahi immediately assumes a submissive role, not interested in rubbing him the wrong way. Her cranium is lowered, amber-speckled emeralds glistening as they peer into his sapphire equals. Leonine tail is hanging limply, for once ceasing its constant movement. A glimpse of despair is fleetingly seen in her face; it is one of the most difficult things to fake, for it is so easy to overdo it. "An honor, m’lord Indy. I’m seeking refuge while I recover from these wounds," she says softly, singing the words as is her habit.

Taking a couple of steps closer, she diverts her eyes to the ground, lobes flicker towards the ebon hessian. "As I was crossing the threshold of this realm, I was attacked. A large stallion approached me and spoke in maddened haze, before using his dark powers to assault me," she speaks, pausing to swallow a lump in her throat. She has spent her whole life perfecting her act, and it is near flawless by now. "His words were venomous. He mentioned the Foothills, and how it was ruled by an idiot and her poor, less idiotic man. Those are his exact words," she tells, truthfully. Looking him in the eye, she now speaks in a clear voice, more powerful than anything else that has crossed her velvet lips. "Mauja of the World’s Edge. That is the name he gave me, though for all I know, he might be telling lies," she says, shrugging her shoulder at that last notion.

In fact, she hasn’t spoken a single lie in all that she has said. Keahi has simply chosen to withhold some of the information to her advantage, so until explicit questions were asked, there would be no need for uncomfortable truths. Even then, she was sure to come up with something convenient. "He was a big stallion, white as a ghost and with a blue horn. As you may imagine, I would feel very uncomfortable returning to my solitude, for he might have followed me here. I do not feel safe with him; if he will single out and attack at random, there’s no telling what he will do next," she says, ending her tale with a wisp of plead in her catlike eyes. Hopefully, he will jump in with all four legs, but she doesn’t know him, so she will have to wait and see.

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The mare begins to spin a tale of being attacked in the Threshold by a large stallion, which Indy could believe. In his lifetime he'd come across many a stallion who would attack a weaker mare to try and force her into breeding. The act was sickening and made his stomach churn. "I am very sorry for your ordeal." He spoke calmly and smoothly, hoping to soothe the mare. She continued to speak, however, and Indy was forced into silence as she repeated what the stallion had said to her. An idiot and her less idiotic man?

"Mauja of the World’s Edge. That is the name he gave me, though for all I know, he might be telling lies."

Indy snorted at the mare's now suddenly strengthened tone as she accused the Edge leader. "I know the stallion you accuse." He informed the mare. "Not once has he ever hinted toward malice." Aside from when his own mate had acted unjustly and unfairly toward him. He could understand the stallion's reaction to that even if he wouldn't have reacted in the same way.

The description she gave fit Mauja to a "T", but Indy could not take her word for it. He would have to meet with the stallion and discuss the situation with him so he could find out both sides of the story. "Madam, if you are truly frightened to live alone then you are welcome to live within our borders so long as you abide by our rules." He said in the same gentle voice. "Welcome to the Foothills."

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Unregistered
KEAHI

There is no spin to her tale. It is the truth. His soothing words are kind, but there is no fright in her core, only rage. Of course he doesn’t know, for on the exterior, she is frail and scared. Bloodsmeared crania dips swiftly in gratitude for his sympathies, noting that he has a gentle soul – those are always the most useful. “I swear it by all I hold dear; what I have told you is nothing but the truth. I’m sorry if this Mauja has deceived you somehow, but my skin holds the evidence of his malice,” she sings lightly, voice quivering sufficiently to lend her credibility. When he speaks again, he extends and invitation and the ebon vix manages a smile that looks truly grateful. It could prove useful to have a base while plotting her vengeance; surely, no one will suspect her here.

Thank you for your generous invitation, m’lord Indy. I should very much enjoy some shelter, while my wounds heal,” she speaks softly, voice not much more than a whisper, yet cutting through clearly. She knows better than to approach him in her usual ways, so she merely holds her spot, waiting to see what he will do. Keahi doesn’t need the black brute to get suspicious, so she plans to keep a low profile. The drying blood on her face was itching, and she reached down to rub it against her front leg, polished onyx horn catching the light, reflecting it upon its sleek surface. First stop for her will be a pond, hopefully a fresher one than what she had come across in the Threshold. And then it will be time to start planning.

[OOC: Immensely shitty post. It's been a long day. Forgive me?]