the Rift

[OPEN] Is anybody home?

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As soon as they were back, she knew this was home. They had been gone for a while now and it felt both infinite and miniscule but she felt satisfied with what they had home. Their family, all of them, were living happily together. For the first time in a while she felt content, the guilt leaving her heart as she thought about how happy Arty was and how big he had grown.

Soaring next to her best friend in the mid-afternoon sky, she felt light-hearted and excited. No more doubts or worries getting in her way, she was ready to settle down and commit herself to becoming a member of a herd. Though she had known that she had grown attached to those in the Edge, returning confirmed all her thoughts. Yes, this was home.

The painted pair make to land in the Fields to rest for a moment or two before moving onto the Edge, to home. She so looked forward to seeing Kahlua again, to proving that she had kept her promise, but even as she was thinking of the reunion her stomach plummeted. There was an unnatural darkness sweeping over the land, shadows consuming everything they could, and bringing fear with it.

It had been so long since fear gripped her heart as it did in that moment. Helovia was supposed to be safe, was supposed to be free of demons. For that was the first thing that popped into her mind – that the demons were crawling out of the earth and that they were here, here to take over and turn this world into yet another made of darkness. Maybe they had followed them, eager to find a new land to destroy.

And what, she wondered, would their return mean for her companion.

He had not had the manners of a demon but she would not wish reverting to that state on anyone.

She was certain he would not be able to hear her yell over top of the thunder of her own heartbeat, never mind the wind and the rustle of their wings. “We have to get to the Edge!” She knew the thought would have come to him as well – they had friends there. Did they know about the darkness consuming the lands? And then came the worse fears: that perhaps the Edge already knew and had fallen. They circled above the glass wall and the herd, looking for signs of life among the trees but it was too difficult to tell – nothing stood out clearly.

Following Mikey’s lead, they landed in the grassy meadow near the cliffs – the clear autumn sky giving a deceptively sunny backdrop to what she was sure was anything but a cheerful day. As they stand there in the brown autumn grass she felt sick with worry. Kahlua, Brisa, Resplendence and everyone – they were not her children but she felt protective of them as if they were part of her family, no matter how little she knew them. They mattered to someone, and so they mattered to her. She only hoped it wasn’t too late.

But there was still that little bit of hope – that maybe everything was fine. Maybe the Fields in the mountains routinely were consumed with thick darkness – there was certainly magic here, it would not be completely out of the question.

Words choke in her throat as she forces herself to hang onto those hopeful thoughts. It cannot possibly be as bad as it seemed.

Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3

for @[Aurelia], Miykael, and anyone else hanging around the Edge.
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
They had found them - everyone they had been looking for and more - before they ever reached Nocturne. In truth, they had settled somewhere halfway between there and Helovia, in a rather peaceful place it seemed. Not that Miykael would have expected any different from his parents; Kastiel and Marlena would never settle their family somewhere dangerous when given the choice. His twins had grown and were just as brazen as ever - they had warrior hearts; a trait from their mother, no doubt. Alysanne's boy had grown as well and seemed ever so happy there (and safe, so very safe). Miykael knew that no harm would come to him - not in that crowd. It was the surprise, however, that had stuck with him on his journey back home with Alysanne: he had two young sisters, full sisters... twins. They were beautiful girls, though he could sense a bit of rebellion in them - a longing for adventure. They were far too intent on asking questions about his home and though he worried that they might follow them back, he kept his thoughts to himself. He was pleased enough to see Alysanne so happy, so relieved. She was happy and her son was safe - for now, that is all he could ever ask for.

The two soared - unusual enough, in and of itself - instead of taking to the ground and walking back to Helovia. They had agreed to take a break in the Heavenly Fields (perhaps the one place that Miykael had felt most at home, besides the Edge of course) but as they began their descent, Miykael saw a thick cloud of darkness consuming the beautiful golden fields. Landing on fairly light hooves, a fair distance from the quickly expanding shadows, his blue gaze glances around them, concern furrowing his brow. "GO!" he shouts without hesitation, looking to Alysanne the moment her sweet voice reaches his ears. He does not speak but simply nods in agreement to her words. The fields were not safe. He didn't know what this was but he did know that it wasn't good.

Unfurling his large white wings, he flaps them hard and fast - taking off quickly with a small running start. Miykael flies with a sense of purpose towards the Edge, eager to reach their home as quickly as possible. Once they arrived, however, thoughts of the shadows cause him to hesitate. The stallion circled above the trees, his blue eyes scouring the land below for any signs of.. well, anything. Coming up empty handing, he signaled for Alysanne to follow him and the two landed in a clearing near the cliffs. The Edge seemed to be untouched by the shadows so far but the lack of life and the overwhelming stillness of the herd unnerved him. Miykael did not feel safe, not even here.

The dunskin tobiano took to pacing, searching his brain for any idea of what to do. "This isn't right.." he murmurs, "It's too still." He is panicked, though calm on the surface but his concern is not for himself but for ensuring Alysanne's safety. If he felt it were an option he'd tell her to fly back to their family but he wasn't sure that she would make it safely there. Pausing, the stallion looks to his best friend. Without a word he steps towards her, pressing his chest to hers and wraps her in his embrace. He didn't want her to panic but he couldn't stop his ears from twitching, constantly searching the surroundings for any sounds.

He couldn't speak. He couldn't tell her that he feared for her safety. He couldn't tell her that whatever had happened after they left was very serious and very grave. All he could do was hope and should the situation call for it, he would do anything to save her.
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

What had the knight just witnessed; what was that horrible mare thinking to just leach out and attack someone without rational reason? She didn't appear normal, she smelled of death and darkness something Nato had grown to know all too well- but he had never seen it here. What would happen to the painted mare, Kahlua? She had changed before his eyes, her cries of pain and tears of helplessness seemed to haunt in his mind. He couldn't shake it, the terror flooded over his skin causing it to shiver as he thought of his daughter.

He had turned and ran, he had left her as she ran into the shadows with that thing. The wall wouldn't protect them long, what of the other two? The stallion tossed his crown to the sky and parted his lips in a terrifying scream, not one of anguish or pain- but warning. Lobes laced into his rippling weaves as he thundered across the open meadow. It was empty, dark- nothing felt safe. After seeing that, what had become of this once wonderful evening? He couldn't question himself anymore, as his chest erupted again in a shrill cry, calling others to him. He was no leader here- but for now it seems their leadership had scrambled and left them to die.

"Nyx!" He boomed aloud, if only to himself and the shadows in the distance. Hooves digging into the earth, as haunches locked and sent him into a balanced slide upon the earths surface. His lungs burning while adrenaline flushed through his body; he felt numb and for the first time in a while; worried. What if she hadn't made it, what if one of those demons had ripped into her beautiful coat? "Nyx, WHERE ARE YOU?" He let his voice fade off, almost into sadness as his crimson eyes scanned the horizon for anyone, anything. His stride locked, as he froze lobes facing erect as he spotted a pair of Pegasus.

He didn't move, nor did he speak to them. A muffled wicker escaped his lips, hoping to God that it wasn't another ploy of demons waiting to grasp him.. because it was already turning out to be a shitty day. Goddammit Nyx, where are you? Nato couldn't bare the thought of losing her again.

[ooc: horrid post o_o mesa sorry]
@[Nyx] - If you wanna take us to sanctuary (entirely up to you)

Nato

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

She knew something was wrong, and had done for a while. Ever since she had felt the complete terror of the Veins, when everything in her body had told her to run, she had been hiding out in the caverns, away from the darkness that rapidly spread across the face of Helovia. Selfishly, she hadn't thought about her kinsmen back in the Edge - she had only thought of herself, even as she began to formulate plans in her head for how to strike back against the wraiths that infected the land above ground. But then she remembered her father, and Lace, and all the others that could still be wandering in the Edge, unaware of the danger - guilt had spasmed through her like an electric shock, and the steel soldier knew she couldn't leave them there to die. If it was death; it seemed more like a living hell to her.

So she had crossed Helovia, heart pounding in her chest and horn pointed low to fight off any creatures she should meet. Mercifully she had met none, and as she cantered towards the great glass wall she wondered if the zombies had managed to find a way past this feat of equine engineering. She doubted it; she, a fully functional and intelligent mare, had been baffled by it, so the broken remains of Helovian residents had no chance. Or so she assumed. She passed through the gap in the glass and began to search, ears pivoting to try and catch any sound that may indicate she was in for a surprise attack. As she ran, the glorious sound of Nato's voice reached her grateful ears, and she immediately altered her path to head towards the black stallion. When she saw him, she sought to bump her shoulder against his own in a gesture of comfort and relief; he was here, and he was alive. "father," she murmured, chest heaving from her headlong gallop across half of Helovia and breath coming in haggard gasps. "i've been hiding in the caves - there are these things, and the entire world seems choked with darkness...but the caves seem free of them. come with me." She was not usually the sort to demand her sire does anything, but this is a remarkable circumstance, and she hoped the man would understand her desperation.

Turning, the silver mare looked in the direction of the gap in the wall, preparing to sprint there and head to the safety of the Sanctuary. Her ears kept pivoting, drinking in any sounds in the hope of preventing any surprise attacks that may come towards them. She pawed the ground, anxious to be on her way - as safe as she felt here, home, it was not the same as the caverns where she had been spending the past days. They were truly her sanctuary, and it was there they could speak properly and decide how to tackle this new menace.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Her heart had been pounding. Not everyone had come with her. More importantly, her nurses were missing. She was in charge of them now. Their lives would be on her hands. Not once in a million years had she thought that the rank of Moon Doctor would be so worrisome. She was no longer worrying about just the health of the herd she was worried about those who she was supposed to teach. Now was the time when that strength and courage Mirage had spoke of right after the failed invasion from the Grey and the North would need to surface. Alysanne. Brisa. She hadn't even caught a glimpse of their faces when she had called the whole herd and asked them to follow.

The underground caves were not necessarily Res's first place to go to, but if the phoenix that she recognized to be Midas's said they were safe then she would have to go with them. And, on her way out of the caves and back towards the Edge she had definitely heard the movement of many other equines as they went on their own way throughout the many different sections of the caves.

Her pace had been slower than normal. Her hooves aching from the constant traveling across the rocky terrain of the heart into the not so soft fields leading up toward the Edge. She had waited a little bit before leaving. She had tried to rest. But, it had been nagging at her that so many of her charges were missing. And, as she got closer to the Edge her pace speed up until she was at a full out gallop, feeling the familiar thud of the locket as it bounced against her chest.

It was when she reached the borders and slid through the glass that she realized just how still the world here seemed. A warning sign that not all would bode well. She had to find them, and fast. "Brisa! Alysanne!" she yelled. Her voice was clashing with tones of uncertainty. If they weren't here then where were they? It was only when she heard the sound of a stag yelling for a name that seemed vaguely familiar to her that she started to edge in closer toward it.

What she found was two pegasi, one of which was Alysanne, and two unicorns. The tail end of the light unicorn's words rang in Res's ears. Yes. The caves. "Sisters. Brothers. Please. It isn't safe here. The herd has begun to migrate to the caves. We must go quickly if we wish to be safe. Search teams will be going out. We will find those who are not with us at this moment. Now is not the time to play hero. Please. Come with me." Resplendence spoke, the terror of the darkness radiating in her words as she motioned towards the exit of the Edge. They needed to get out, and now. Otherwise those creatures that had transformed Kahlua would begin to come after them and change them as well.

So, carefully, Res came up to Aly's side and began to nudge her to try and get her to ease forward, prepared to go and do it to all of them should they not want to move.

Even she had to be strong when she was breaking...

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
She moves with a swiftness unlike any mortal.

And then she reaches the forest...

And remembers Alysanne.

This is how her life has been for the past few weeks. Oh I remember that person. Do I attack? I mean I have to, but I don't want to. The evil has risen inside of her and it doesn't go away. This is not the average little cold, but something far worse. If only there was a way to rid her soul of all darkness. Y'know, sound the bugle and rid her of all evil. Unfortunately, now she cannot go home.. she can't even attempt to do that. Will she stay dark, lost in the gross fog. Without a light, how is she supposed to even have hope she will get better? She has lost herself.

With no where to turn, she comes to the Edge-- the Edge of the World. With nothing, but an empty heart, she has become cold. A soldier that has given up the will to win and has been subjected as a slave. Aurelia is a slave for the darkness lingering over her home. The glimpse of what was once good has vanished into the distance.

Lead me away, or leave me lying here.

She was where they were, but she could be seen with the polluted air following her like mist. All the plant around her wilted and dead. The thick area of the forest dying a slow painful death. Soon, everything would fall to the darkness.

Up ahead are figured. Figures of horses. So, unfurling her wings and opening them wide, as if to coral them closer to the edge of the cliff. Of course she doesn't push them or even touch them. That contact would infect them all. She recognizes one of them and immediately stops dead in her tracks. It's Aly.

Her wings curl back at her sides and the fog surrounding the girl stretches out towards them. Eyes, evil looking, stare into the eyes of the boy Alysanne was with. The spotted one. He is pretty-- handsome even. Her fog doesn't stretch out and attempt to touch him. So far, he should remain uninfected. Will the others fall to the darkness?

"Oh Alysanne." Aurelia offers in an evil snarl. "I didn't fly from the darkness..." Does Aly remember her promise to teach the girl to fly? The promise she never kept? "Because I couldn't. I never learnt to fly." Secretly, Aurelia enjoys seeing how some horses react. "You, are you Miykael? Don't flee and I may not infect you." Maybe she is serious, maybe she isn't. Will he stay to find out?

Whether he stays or not, she sneezes.

OH GOSH. SPREADING THE GERMS. It's a big sneeze, maybe capable of infecting the unicorn mare and stallion, the equine, and Alysanne. The boy would be okay, right?

walk walk walk
talk talk talk

ooc:; she attacks everyone but miykael. The fog is a pollutant, so I was wondering if that'd be enough to infect them? Then she sneezes. so if the pollutants don't work, she still sneezes. And Rottie, maybe we can have a separate thread and do the still born plot? :D That's why i didn't infect him yet. if you want, i can edit! @[Random Event] @[Miykael] @[Alysanne] @[Nyx] @[Resplendence] @[Nato]

NAME HERE               

quote quote quote

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Resplendence
Resplendence heard a voice from behind her. Behind her there is also a cloud of fog beginning to radiate out around them. But that cloud stretches, grows, even begins to wrap itself around the group. Res's eyes catch the fact that it seems to evade Miykael and she registers it for only a moment before she allows her golden eyes to fall towards the winged form as the dun turns her body to face it. Dark green fur with dapples of black and green irises. There is a chill that runs up Res's spine as she remarks the bat wings and the curved spikes that also run along her spine.

The mare is frozen for a moment, her mind not registering the first couple of words. But, it is with the snarl that her attention seems to snap back and she hears the story of the girl who couldn't fly from the darkness. Res's ear pins back a little as she tries to concentrate on her breathing. She attempts to ease the trembling that has increased trice fold in the short amount of time. But she doesn't listen to the words about how she may not infect Miykael should he not flee. No. She's shielding her body in front of the group. She isn't a warrior, she can't fight, but her family can live without her. They could continue to be strong without the scared mare - she would not allow them to be forced into this. No. She couldn't let them be forced into this.

But, the girl sneezes. Is this entire, sickly appearance because the girl is infected with something? Res doesn't know, but she can feel a quiet strength that comes from the fogs of the Edge that she still calls her home even if they must reside in the Sanctuary. So, as her tiny frame tries to act as a barrier between the group and the horse she can feel the swift conjuring of a darkness shrouded with wind. It is a strange feeling, almost as if she is out of her own body, as she feels the strength of the Goddess flow through her veins, and she whispers a thank you for the power that came when she wasn't sure what she was doing before trying to push it out towards the creature. Perhaps it will fix the creature? Perhaps it will keep everyone else from being infected?

She doesn't care. They still need to run. Res cannot take her concentration off of the shadowy winds that are trying to wrap around the bat-winged creature, afraid that if she did it would die and it would have been for nothing. But, she can allow her voice to speak to those that are behind her. "Run. Run towards the Heart. There is a cave. Go there. Do not look back. Do not come back for me." Her voice is shaking. She is petrified. Her knees are locked and she can still feel the rippling of her muscles against her pelt. Would they be safe? Would they make it out and back to the other Edge members in one piece.

"If I'm not back within a week... Someone tell Quil, Kaj, Kahl-" her voice breaks "Kahlua... everyone. Tell everyone I love them..."

She's not a fighter. But she doesn't care how scared she is. Her family is more important than her life - she wouldn't ever let them take the blow if she could shield from death. She wouldn't watch someone else die...

Res is placing herself between Aurelia and the other guys (because selfless mare is selfless) and once she realizes the mare might be sick (because coughs mean some kind of infection/disease) she tries to use the Moon Doctor magic to heal Aurelia, or at least purify whatever type of infection is coming towards the group.(because scared mare is logic mare too)

Yea. I'll stop with commentary. LOL

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

There was something terribly wrong. Mikey was right and she knew it – and then they hear the calls. Warning cries and shouts in the forest – names being called as searches were made. Her stomach felt as though it had turned to lead and she made to move forward, unable to stand still to wait and see what had befallen her friends. She needed to find them, needed to make sure that they were safe. But that was when the unicorn came and she felt hope. Another joined him, his daughter from the sounds of their interaction, and then they were all discovered by Resplendence.

Her hope, however, was short lived. Something terrible was happening. “What is happening?” She knew it would be better to wait to ask questions but she could not help it – the fear rising as she felt the panic of those that seemed to know more than they.

But though she was giving in to the nudges and moving off, they were interrupted. Her name was being spoken in a snarl – her heart hammering in her chest as she turned to find the source – though it took a moment to figure out what she was seeing. A young mare, certainly, but though she was familiar she seemed… wrong. It was that fog, that swirling threatening darkness around her, and it only made the epiphany all that worse when she realized who she was looking at. “Aurelia.” The name slipped from her mouth and she trembled where she stood, between Mikey and Resplendence. The beautiful little girl with golden dapples had become… well, there was no word for what she had become. Her mind whirled with the thought of demons, of some sick monster possessing someone she considered her friend. Any further words seemed unable to rise as the tears started to cloud those emerald eyes. She would give anything for the sweet girl she knew to be back.

But what could she do? Against whatever this was she had nothing and it tore at her heart, helplessness drowning her. Everything seemed to be happening in fast-motion around her. The demon-Aurelia was sneezing at them, a seemingly harmless action but this felt different. And then Resplendence was there between them, telling them to run.

Her mind screamed at her to do what she was being told to do, to run and find her way to the caves. But to be quite honest that screaming never really had a chance. She would have never left the healer or anyone else behind. She glanced towards Mikey but knew that he would not leave her behind any more than she could leave Resplendence. “No.” The word is forceful but kind, possibly the closest she has ever come to having an edge to her voice. They knew each other so little, but Resplendence was not the only selfless one here. She was not going to be allowed to sacrifice herself – not while Alysanne could be here. “I’m not leaving you here, Resplendence.” Her own voice is calm, steady. It’s so easy for her to do this, the easiest thing in the world. She stepped so that she was beside the beautiful mare, touching her shoulder gently with her muzzle. She could support her, be here, whatever was needed. But she could not possibly just leave. Her own fear felt muted and distant and she even managed a ghost of a smile.

“You can tell them that you love them yourself - don't deny them the chance to say it back to you.” And oh how she loved Resplendence in that moment, too. “We leave here together.” Or not at all being the unspoken addition to that sentence as her gaze drifted to Aurelia.

How quickly she cared for this herd. Perhaps it would be her downfall on this very day - but no other option would do for the white and black mare.

Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
Just as the obsidian knight had become calmer, refreshed to see his daughter beside him and untouched by the evil that surrounded. A loving nudge, pressed into her shoulder as if he would have never saw her again. He had called out his warning upon entering the Edge, so a peering eye rested on the two Pegasus’s that stood in the distance. Though it wasn’t quiet for long, as things would only escalate from here; The equine mare had worry laced within her voice, as she warned it’s not safe here, that it was time to go.

"The darkness has Kahlua." His voice cracked at remembering what he saw, it was unlike anything he had ever seen. Listening to the mares words, he pushed his shoulder into Nyx, pushing her do go into the direction of the caves she had mentioned. Crimson eyes rested upon the equine, as a general nod was offered to flee with her away from these demons.

That sound.

Reversing his steps, Nato turned his head, hooves shuttering against the ground as he was startled, what his eyes were seeing. The winged demon, had a plague of smoke like fog rolling from around its hooves, his eyes narrowed as he shook himself free of his frozen state. He didn’t listen to its words as they were directed to the younger boy. The sneezing causes him to glance back, as the equine mare places herself between the demon and the group, wielding a magic of sorts, perhaps used to purify darkness.

"Nyx, Run." His voce a whisper, not to attract attention to them, as he turned to her, before glancing back Watching both mares, now stand strong against this being. As much conflict as he felt in his mind, to stay and fight; it wouldn’t end with sunshine and rainbows.

The black beast with narrowed crimson eyes turned and began to run- lobes listening for his daughters following footfalls.

Ooc: Worst. Post ever. Kind of rushed but wanted to get it up. <3 Nato wasn’t standing in close relation to the Pegasus’s to start, but is still close enough to be in danger. Nato tries to flee.

Nato

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Chaos quickly ensued. Very little time had passed before the two unicorns came upon them, followed shortly by the small dun mare. He moved himself to Alysanne's side and as she began to move, to head for safety, he followed without question. After only a few steps, though, a putrid fog oozed towards them. Sickly and green, a pegasus (if you could even call her that) appeared and unfurled her wings in an attempt to block their exit. Miykael stopped dead in his tracks. The creatures eyes lock on his - the darkness and evil that he saw within them would be enough to cause many to quiver in fear; but not Miykael. The fog had enveloped the others but it hadn't touched him. She was sparing him... but why? Anger surged through him; angered that he had been singled out, protected. The creature speaks but the words don't even register with him. "No." the single word is forceful, deep; drenched with a depth of feeling that he hadn't shown since he had fallen. It said everything: that she couldn't have them, that he wouldn't be spared, that he refused any mercy she might be willing to show him. Without hesitation he moved quickly, throwing himself directly in front of the creature - so close that he was mere inches from her and with his large, feathered wings unfurled he could easily shield them.

Or so he hoped.

The small dun mare had attempted to shield them all, attempted to place her petite body between them but there was no stopping Miykael. His seventeen hand frame charged past her rather easily and it was unlikely that she could stop him; throwing himself into the fog that had initially evaded him. The dunskin paint is entirely focused on the sickly mare, his blue eyes staring down at her. "Take me." he demands, "But let them go free." His voice is deep, his brogue ever more prominent now that anger and determination has consumed him. A shaky voice speaks up behind him, then, breaking his concentration momentarily. It wasn't Aly, that much he knew for certain. He could never forget her voice. Never. It was Resplendence, the dun mare. She wanted them to run, to sacrifice her for their safety.

Anyone that knew Miykael would know that he wouldn't allow that. He wouldn't run away from danger and leave anyone behind. To him, his life meant nothing but the lives of everyone else were highly valued. "NO." he nearly shouts, wanting desperately to demand them to leave. Miykael pauses, though, breathing deeply to calm his heart and ease the fire in his veins. "I will not leave." arguing with him now would be pointless; he has made up his mind. His blue eyes never left the tainted mare, not even when he was speaking to Alysanne and Resplendence. Miykael didn't want to let this one out of his sight; no, not even for a second. Perhaps if he allowed his gaze to shift, the tainted one would slip past him and attack the mares; but if he was watching her, perhaps he could continue to block her. His one and only desire at this point is to save the others and he would die trying.

[ooc: eh, sorry if it isn't 100% following everything but Mikey wouldn't have EVER stood behind or allowed himself to be shielded. Basically, he reacted quickly and shoved himself directly in front of Aurelia in an attempt to block her from the others. He is looking at Aurelia the entire time and therefore doesn't have any knowledge of Res using her magic nor does he notice Nato/Nyx off in the distance. If anyone has any problems with the way this post went, please pm me; I don't want to step on anybody's toes or anything but I had to stick with his character. :) ]
Miykael
Image Credit
table by the lovely Sevin <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

Her breathing began to steady, and she continued to swing her skull to keep her gaze fully on her surroundings. Another mare joined them, also explaining the virtues of the caves. Nyx's legs itched with the desire to be on her way, but before they could move, she saw it. The demon. Perhaps it used to be a mare, but now it was a beast - the silver soldier reared high, ears pinning to her skull and a horrified whinny blasting from her muzzle. Then there's a fog and a sneeze, and every muscle in Nyx's body screamed at her to run. But one of the other mares stepped up, putting herself between the demon and themselves; the other woman vowed to stand and fight.

Nyx found herself torn, hero or coward. She knew they had no hope against the wraith, as the merest hint of a cough or a touch could infect them, but she could not simply sit back and let her herdmates take the blows meant for her. She was a warrior, and her heart was wrapped in steel - she could not flee, not in good conscience. Her father's shoulder crashed into hers and she whickers her confusion, the whites of her eyes visible as they darted between the demon and the horses standing strong nearby. "We can't leave them, father! We are warriors, and it is our job to protect our herd or die trying." But this was worse than death, and Nyx knew it. This was a living hell, to be trapped in your own body, forced to infect the ones you loved...Her father began to run, and a distressed shriek fled the girl's blackened lips - she didn't know what to do. Her desire to stay and fight smothered her natural instinct to run like hell, and she couldn't decide which to obey.

But in the end, there was only one answer.

Even if she ran with Nato, the wraith might overwhelm the others and come after them. Hell, they might even be infected now, after that sneeze. Seeing her father be infected would be a thousand times worse than suffering it herself - but if they split up, the beast could only come after one of them. If she lured it over towards her, then her sire and herdmates could flee. There was no use in standing in front of it, vowing to fight; Nyx knew what she had to do. Lure it away, act as bait; by the time it caught her, the others could be long gone. With a final longing look at Nato, during which time the mare's blue eyes begged for his forgiveness, Nyx began to run in the opposite direction. She moved at a slow trot, then stopped to look over at the demon and the other Edge residents nearby. Gathering her breath, the iron woman shouted over to the creature, her entire body tensed in preparation to run. "Oi, ugly! Over here!" She was rather good at taunting, albeit usually without realising. Now was the time to put those dubious skills to the test.

Like an irritating, buzzing bee, Nyx bounced from hoof to hoof, her voice carrying easily over to the zombie. "C'mon, you stinky whore! Ignore them, they're boring, standing right in front of you - I'm far more fun! Give that rotting ass of yours a bit of exercise - no offence, honey, but it really needs it." Perhaps it wasn't her sharpest or most acute wit ever, but in her defence she was incredibly stressed and trying to keep a straight, stoic facade despite that. Praying to Cinnoru that her goading had worked, the warrior kicked up her heels and began to run, slowly at first, hoping to lure Aurelia into following her - she looked behind herself as she did, willing the others to run while they still could.

[OOC: Basically she's trying to lure Aurelia into chasing her and leaving the others alone, via the crappest insults ever xD]

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Resplendence stands her ground, but remains healthy.
Alysanne stands her ground, but remains healthy.
Nato runs, and remains healthy.
Miykael stands his ground, and becomes infected.
Nyx stands her ground, and becomes infected.

Resplendence tries to use her rank magic to heal Aurelia. Rank magic has no effect on wraiths. Aurelia remains infected.

Resplendence
No one left. No one but the dark unicorn dared to flee. Was everyone she lived with, everyone that she called her family so selfless to not leave her? She couldn't do anything for them! It was better to lose one member than five! Couldn't they see that?

She had told them to run. But instead Alysanne is moving up beside her saying that she isn't leaving Res there. The voice is calm - so much stronger than Res's had been, and as she feels the winged mare step up beside her she can't help but feel a pain in her heart. But it was that same pain in her heart that seemed to give her the strength to continue to push the healing magic out. And then, the mare is saying that Res can tell everyone herself how much she loves them. Telling her how she cannot deny them the opportunity to say it back. Tears are forming in her eyes. No one really loved her. Quil was the only one who would say it back to her, but she doubted he even completely felt it. After all, who could love her. She was broken. She couldn't be fixed. She couldn't ever be that image of the mare everyone wanted her to be. At least this way, if she died, it would give everyone an opportunity to realize just how much she cared.

The words about the darkness having Kahlua is circling around her skull and she almost feels sick. She's already losing her family. She can't lose more of them. She just can't.

And, of course, the other painted pegasus is jumping in front of them. He's almost right in front of the creature that is threatening them and saying that he will not leave. But, it is the grey unicorn that is trying to get the wraith to chase after her that has Res's heart tearing to shreds. NO! They needed to run! Why must they stay?! She's screaming in her head, and even though her magic is wrapping around the creature's form she notices that it isn't do anything. The sickness she thought it might be seemed to not be curable - at least not by the magic that had been gifted to her by the gods.

But, then her pinecone seems to glow a delicate blue, wrapping itself around both Res and Alysanne. The fog seems to be gone from around the two of them, and no strange feeling is coming over them. "Aly. Run now." She says, nipping at the mare's shoulder as tears are covering Res's face.

"Run!" she calls, her voice trembling in panic. The grey unicorn was doing her best to keep the creature from following them. It was their time to split. "Let's go!" she said, feeling that pain in her chest as she bolted off toward the caves, towards the last semblance of hope that was left.

Her family was breaking. Her family was shattering. And she couldn't do anything to fix it.

Rayo gave me permission to have Res's pinecone glow ;3

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Of course he would do that, of course he would move in front of them. She should have known, should have done something to prevent it, but here they were and what seemed so brave and easy a moment ago seemed so foolish now. Not that she would change the fact that she had not run when she was first told to – she would never, ever take that back. But perhaps there had been another option, some other route that she might have taken.

She understood so little of what was happening around her – Resplendence’s fear made it real, made her mind seize the only explanation that made sense to her: that demons had come, that sweet Aurelia was possessed and now Mikey was… well what would happen? – he would turn into the thing he never had wanted to be, the thing he was in name only, or he would die.

Everything had been fine when they had left. What had they brought back with them? These thoughts repeated themselves in her mind until she was so sure this was her fault.

With Mikey was before them suddenly a soft blue glow surrounded her and Resplendence. If she had only managed to turn her head she might have seen that it was being emitted by a pinecone, might have realized that it was protecting them, but the glow only served to obscure her view of her friend.

“I can’t.” was her weak response to being told, yet again, to run – not even feeling the nip on her shoulder and unable to tear her emerald eyes away from Miykael. How could she possibly just leave him?

Well, she wouldn’t… not if she had been alone. She would have stayed whatever the consequences. There was fear, of course, but she didn’t even know what would happen and how could she fear that? The unknown wasn’t frightening for her. Surely there was a chance that everything would be fine!

Just a few moments ago she had felt strong, strong enough to give support out freely – strong enough to get them all out of there safely (though she had no idea how). She was weak against this, against whatever this was, and that realization took the wind out of her. Her mind buzzed and hummed trying to come up with something that she could do.

It took the second and third call to get her hooves to unstick themselves from the earth, for her eyes to finally slide away from her friend. Falling from her lips were whispered apologies, to everyone, she wanted to scream them but they could not come out any louder. When had she ever screamed in her life? Everything felt as though it was restricting inside of her, her mind screaming at her both to stay and to go.

Oh Alysanne isn’t this what you do best, abandoning those you love when they need you the most? First your son, then the Edge, now Miykael.

But what could she possibly do against this? She was useless, worse than that – because of her he was in this mess. Because of her, they were all in danger.

Running had never been an option, not before. But now she was not fleeing alone. They were being given a chance by the unicorn mare she didn't even know the name of.

She was crumbling, her mind slipping to blank because the alternative was just too terrible at this point. So she turned after Resplendence and ran to escape the feeling of her own heart breaking. What else could she do?

Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme