the Rift

[OPEN] Is anybody home?

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence heard a voice from behind her. Behind her there is also a cloud of fog beginning to radiate out around them. But that cloud stretches, grows, even begins to wrap itself around the group. Res's eyes catch the fact that it seems to evade Miykael and she registers it for only a moment before she allows her golden eyes to fall towards the winged form as the dun turns her body to face it. Dark green fur with dapples of black and green irises. There is a chill that runs up Res's spine as she remarks the bat wings and the curved spikes that also run along her spine.

The mare is frozen for a moment, her mind not registering the first couple of words. But, it is with the snarl that her attention seems to snap back and she hears the story of the girl who couldn't fly from the darkness. Res's ear pins back a little as she tries to concentrate on her breathing. She attempts to ease the trembling that has increased trice fold in the short amount of time. But she doesn't listen to the words about how she may not infect Miykael should he not flee. No. She's shielding her body in front of the group. She isn't a warrior, she can't fight, but her family can live without her. They could continue to be strong without the scared mare - she would not allow them to be forced into this. No. She couldn't let them be forced into this.

But, the girl sneezes. Is this entire, sickly appearance because the girl is infected with something? Res doesn't know, but she can feel a quiet strength that comes from the fogs of the Edge that she still calls her home even if they must reside in the Sanctuary. So, as her tiny frame tries to act as a barrier between the group and the horse she can feel the swift conjuring of a darkness shrouded with wind. It is a strange feeling, almost as if she is out of her own body, as she feels the strength of the Goddess flow through her veins, and she whispers a thank you for the power that came when she wasn't sure what she was doing before trying to push it out towards the creature. Perhaps it will fix the creature? Perhaps it will keep everyone else from being infected?

She doesn't care. They still need to run. Res cannot take her concentration off of the shadowy winds that are trying to wrap around the bat-winged creature, afraid that if she did it would die and it would have been for nothing. But, she can allow her voice to speak to those that are behind her. "Run. Run towards the Heart. There is a cave. Go there. Do not look back. Do not come back for me." Her voice is shaking. She is petrified. Her knees are locked and she can still feel the rippling of her muscles against her pelt. Would they be safe? Would they make it out and back to the other Edge members in one piece.

"If I'm not back within a week... Someone tell Quil, Kaj, Kahl-" her voice breaks "Kahlua... everyone. Tell everyone I love them..."

She's not a fighter. But she doesn't care how scared she is. Her family is more important than her life - she wouldn't ever let them take the blow if she could shield from death. She wouldn't watch someone else die...

Res is placing herself between Aurelia and the other guys (because selfless mare is selfless) and once she realizes the mare might be sick (because coughs mean some kind of infection/disease) she tries to use the Moon Doctor magic to heal Aurelia, or at least purify whatever type of infection is coming towards the group.(because scared mare is logic mare too)

Yea. I'll stop with commentary. LOL

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Is anybody home? - by Alysanne - 01-16-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Is anybody home? - by Miykael - 01-16-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Is anybody home? - by Nato - 01-17-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Is anybody home? - by Nyx - 01-17-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Is anybody home? - by Resplendence - 01-20-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: Is anybody home? - by Aurelia - 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM