the Rift

the tides have turned!

Eugenia Posts: 2
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 Hands :: Three Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I honestly have no idea how I ended up here. First, I was just minding my own business, continuing to follow the patterns of seasons, sticking particularly with the warmer months. Yet, here I was, amidst a cool, snowy day. A shudder runs through my body as I trek on, my hooves crunching uncomfortably against the snow. I never was fond of the cold, then again, I was usually never fond of any season unless it was cool, with a warm sun that was easily accessible. So here I was, as uncomfortable as ever, without a connection to my name.

I look about, not particularly fond of the winter wonderland. Snowflakes dance about in the air, before either landing on me, or on the ground. Either is a terrible choice considering I have to live in this. I'd much rather be under a palm tree on a hot beach right now. It was much easier to cool off than it was to warm up. I grumble, but decide it's probably better if I keep moving. The trees creak under the weight of snow, and I can't help but wonder if they were trying to warn me of this place. Or, maybe they were just trying to kill me. Either way, it seemed the choice was a lose-lose, I was just choosing the lesser evil.

As if the timing couldn't be any better, my stomach growls. I can't even remember when the last time i've eaten was. Great, that was another thing to my list that I have to worry about. After all the ground i've managed to cover, I would be the one to die of starvation. I don't exactly want to run into others though, it's been days, weeks, maybe even months since i've talked to another soul. Who knows, life seems to change with the wind.

Slaiter Posts: 30
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 13
Shoikan

Slaiter
Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
-H.P. Lovecraft

He prances among the trees, a macabre apparition coated in grave rot, hollow eyes forever searching for life. His massive tail writhes behind him, stirring snow into large swept patterns and erasing his hoofprints. He does not blend in, starkly green against his wintry backdrop, but that doesn't seem to bother the beast. Long black legs carry him easily through snow drifts, none reaching higher than his knees. He halts suddenly, skull lifting higher as he scents the air, breath pluming behind him like ghosts. Slowly, he turns, moves, seeking out whatever odor has caught his attention. He finds the source soon enough, the remains of a rabbit inexpertly buried at the base of an oak. He pauses, seemingly thinking, before pawing away its cover and carefully grasping a hind leg between his teeth, dragging it onto the more sturdy crust of the snow. He examines his prize for a moment, only to begin mutilating the thing, ripping the mostly bare skull from the rest of the carcass and stripping away what little flesh there is. This takes less than a minute, obviously a talent he has cultivated over the years, and once finished he picks up the skull, careful not to crush the fragile thing.

His gristly task complete, he resumes his trek, dancing steps betraying his delight over his new acquisition. He is so distracted that he fails to notice the pale mare until he almost runs into her, shielding violently to the side as her form suddenly reveals itself to him. Defensive, he pins his black-rimmed ears, tail lashing like that of a startled cat. He cannot speak past the trophy he carries, but his posture is clear. Don't fuck with me.

Sorry for the weird post, it just kind of happened xD
Permission granted to use magic and/or physical violence on Slaiter, as long as he is not killed.

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her time was short, and soon the tawny mare would have to begin her descent back to claustrophobic darkness. Gritting her teeth, Valhalia resented the idea of going back into the caves, wanting to stay up and destroy her enemies, the zombies. But she was on a mission, part of her duty as a warrior: to recruit. The snow surrounding her brought pleasure, as the ice queen enjoyed frigid weather. The looming trees brought no comfort though, and even if she hadn't resided long in the Basin, Valhalia yearned for the endless plains, covered in sheets of alabaster snow.

A gush of cold wind hit the mare's petite figure, prickling harshly at her skin, the pain bringing her joy. This was a warriors life, never backing down from a little bit of hurt. Valhalia's white, black speckled rump seemed to blend perfectly with the snow, as the rest of her tawny bod contrasted with the tress. Was there any one out yet? It was a great annoyance that no one would be out here--pathetic weaklings afraid of the cold. But there came shuffling sounds soon enough catching her attention. If it was one of those damn zombies, she wouldn't hesitate to fight, even if there was a high risk of catching the infection.

There she saw a sickly green hued golden man, seemingly attacking a pale crowned mare. Thankfully, they were both unicorns such as her, but Valhalia knew she had to stop a fight. Hopefully they could serve as recruits. "What the hell! Stop it at once!" Her stern voice was reprimanding, barked out harshly to stop the male. Silver eyes glared daggers at both of them, as she trotted up to intervene. It would be hilarious, for her to have the both of them underestimate her for her fragile, feminine appearance. But when they soon found out a deadly secret, who would be laughing then?