the Rift

Hooves in the Threshold(Open)

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Hooves padding over the hardened ground. Snow will be coming soon and the air around me tells me that with absolute certainty. We are reaching the end of Orangemoon. I have never experienced winter in Helovia, but something tells me it will be fierce and unforgiving. The hairs on my hide have grown long to prepare for the cold, but some part of me wishes they'd grow even longer. Especially with the death that is wandering the lands, even the warmth of the Sun seems to be more or less inconsequential. My body is stiff as I wander through this land that is still familiar to me. I was here, in the Threshold, not long ago, being greeted by Reizend. Now I have been sent again to welcome newcomers and take them to safety. Well, I can certainly do that. I'm pretty friendly after all. -I'm not.- I chuckle quietly. But you aren't the boss! She hisses at me and I shut up. I don't want to cross her. Though she is only a voice, she holds more sway over me than I would like to admit. Were she in my stomach instead of my head, maybe she would be less intimidating...

It is very quiet as I walk through the Threshold, looking for newcomers. Many of the creatures that live here are hiding away, afraid of the wrath and infection of the wraiths. Not that I blame them. I am a little nervous about being out here, too. Lost in my thoughts, I almost miss her. Her pelt leaves her blending in against the dying trees. But her horn and her tail catch my attention. A pretty unicorn with a curved horn. She is alone and I know my mission. I approach, the stiffness from the cold making my trot a little less peppier than I would have liked. I stop a few yards away.

"Hello, and welcome to the Threshold. I am Cashmere." My voice is easy and flowing, unlike the rest of my muscles. My eyes are bright and I tilt my head to the side, getting a better look at her now that I am up close. I hope she doesn't mind how forward and direct I am, for I am cold and I do not want the wraiths to get me.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-18-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Cashmere - 01-22-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Cashmere - 01-22-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Cashmere - 01-22-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Midnight Rose - 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-23-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Midnight Rose - 01-26-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: Hooves in the Threshold(Open) - by Ethel - 01-27-2014, 10:00 AM