the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Get Yourself Together

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
As I clambered onto my feet in an awkward manner, trying to be careful with my back that I could feel bruising with every single movement. No, it wasn't even the muscles bruising. It was the bone, each little vertebrae that had been jarred just enough out of place was scratching its way back in. And, with those scratches they were bruising each other. I would be in pain for weeks, but I would never admit it. He asks again if I am okay and I nod my head, eyes meeting his gaze that was filled with anxiety for but a second before I fixate on the wall before me.

He doesn't move as my frame starts to move closer. I recognize my name as it falls from his lips, and had I the ability to speak I probably would have murmured a vague grunt of a response. Instead, my right audit only switched back toward where he was, listening the clipping of his hooves against the floor as he came in closer to me. Again, he repeated my name, and this time I could feel his muzzle bumping against my beck, shifting me just enough that my back is jarred from the soft touch, and I wince as I feel the bones scrape against each other.

Tears were officially falling down my face as I tried to blink away the image of him being killed and de-feathered. But that is not the only thing that is hindering my sight, because Alleo has stepped in front of me to block the hawk from my vision. He's gone... And I'm trembling now as the tears cease when I force them to in order to try and be somewhat stable, to not lose myself completely every time he is there. He tells me to get a hold of myself, and he brushes his muzzle against my forehead. Calm down. Relax. But the images wouldn't go away. I squeezed my eyes shut and forced myself to take in deep breaths, to try and rid the images from my mind.

My body was relaxed, at least, when my eyes finally opened again. But, my eyes were haunted as they looked back up toward Alleo. Gently, I bumped my maw against his shoulder in thanks, before starting off to explore the rest of the cave. Each of my steps was careful, and it almost looked like each of my legs was limping. If one could listen closely enough they might be able to hear the scraping of my back as the bones scraped against each other.

Slowly, I edged towards a darker corner. The closer I got the more I saw the glinting from the fire upon my hooves. A gem, on a thicker necklace. Some kind of amulet woven with horse hair into a necklace. I stood there, inspecting it for a moment with my head tilting to the side in confusion. But, it wasn't long until I was picking it up and moving it into the light in the middle of the room to inspect it.

What was this jewel doing hidden in the caves?

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Get Yourself Together - by Rasta - 01-18-2014, 09:44 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Rasta - 01-19-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Alleo - 01-20-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Rasta - 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Alleo - 01-21-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Rasta - 01-21-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Alleo - 01-25-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: !! Get Yourself Together - by Rasta - 01-26-2014, 01:37 AM