the Rift

[OPEN] A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open]

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

He could feel the presence of others behind him, and as the painted beast turned his head to cast an eye back upon his following train he felt a grimace of satisfaction. Had it been his earlier years in life, he would have not have bothered to save his brethren; he was one alone- and it was him that mattered, no one else. But it’s astonishing how years can impact ones persona; twisting and molding them into something they’d never have imagined they’d be. He wouldn’t admit it, but it was a nice feeling to save another, perhaps taking so many lives had finally caught up to the demon. Retracting his crown to gaze upon his destination, twisted iron whistling through the breeze as defiant pools gazed upon the horizon.

It was there, on the edge of the Threshold that opened up into a wide meadow. Its hills glittered in gold as the crisp winter foliage rolled in the grasp of the breeze. The black didn’t hesitate however, but pressed upon its opening cannons breaking into a thundering streamline for the Caves. He had hoped that his blood-born dwindling behind him could keep with his pace, because he was only going to press harder- because he could.

Cream and midnight hooves pounded upon the earth, his focus upon the caves in the horizon as the heart pounded in his chest. Silken threads rippled with his stride as they strong along behind the curvature of his neck. Running was a thrill, but his bones had begun to tire so he reined his head back easing his paces as the mouth of the cave, hung like a dark shadow behind heavens gates. His body dusted in earthen flakes, clay beneath his weight cracked and slid as he gazed into the opening of the cave. Voices echoed off its walls, as the others too resided here till this dark time had blown over.

His heart was doing its best, to calm itself from his busted run. Scared black canvas, quivers with adrenaline as he moved through the cave entrance, heavy footfalls echoing off the cavern walls. Here, it was crowded- so he decided to keep lurking through its twisting and winding pathways. A distant roar, not deafening- but soothing screamed through the tunnels as he made his way past the glowing room and its glittering beauty.

He had always been drawn to water, after all weren’t most Unicorns? Peering around a corner, he found a beautiful secluded area- seeming untouched by anyone, just raw beauty. The glowing pool of water ran around the edges of the opening, its ripples casting a reflection upon the beast, and the walls above. He hadn’t stopped, to see if the others followed him this deep- but he turned, slowly, lifting his eyes to the shadows in hopes to gaze upon their faces.

[ooc: For @[Quinn] and @[d'Artagnan] should they wish to post here, and Open to everyone else. ;]

Nato

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

To run kept the cold at bay, but even I get weary after a time. My joints had already begun to complaint before we got to the caves, but the descent into the ground, did not help. Even my muscles answered to the gaze others gave me. I held my head high and did not strain from the guidance of the black stallion. As we continued further into the earth, I could not help but to look around. So this was what they considered safe. To me, it felt more like a prison or even a death-trap.

Water. I could both hear and smell it before we entered the room. As my guide turned around, I did not stop. Too many days without water took a toll, even on me. As I walked past him, I offered a small nod of gratitude before the glowing liquid stole my attention. With my head bend down and my muzzle in the water, I drank. My empty stomach argued at first, but as the cold water slowly filled the emptiness, it calmed.

I said my prayer with a low voice when I could not hold more water and as calmess seized me, I turned my head. "You never shared your name. Do you not have one or is it just for the ears of friends?" Why I smiled as I shared my thoughts, remains a mystery to me. I never smiled to horses I did not know, nor the ones that showed me little respect. He had though, in a way. But as he so bluntly had pointed out, I was a mare, and we were difficult to please.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan the Nightshade</style>
                                                                                               Death will know your name.</style>
They ran. It had been some time since d'Artagnan had completely opened himself up into a gallop and his muscles complained about half way there, but he set his lips into a grim line and pressed on after the dark behind of his new 'friend'. It was uncomfortable too with his new leather burden. He would probably ache later, perhaps it was time he went out into the meadows and did some foraging. It had been a while since he'd last been 'under the influence'. That was, if he didn't get eaten by whatever it was that lurked out there. Aramis was following, not directly behind, but someways off to the side as to keep a better look out for these demons. His warning signal a simple flash of fire into the air, but there was none of that as they soon reached their destination, d'Artagnan looked around curiously as they trampled through the meadow before finally the brute led them to an opening.

So there really was a cave.

Amused and curious, he followed his guide down into the depths, feeling the love for the enclosure and the musty air. Caves were glorious! However, voices echoed off the walls and the shade's ears twitched uncertaintly, there were after all many who'd want him dead. What better place to trap him? He shrugged it off. There was no point fearing a possibility that he couldn't see and he wasn't even sure if he was afraid at all. Death came to all, even he.

He looked curiously at the markings on the walls and peered into the darkness to see if he recognized faces whilst trying his best to keep up with the dark stud, chest heaving from the exertion as Aramis finally caught up and fell in beside him. It was crowded and smelt of several different scents that it almost made him dizzy and he laid his ears back in slight annoyance. He didn't much like a crowded cave on the other hand. The shade followed round the corner, finding a little more solace in the more lonely area and the crashing waterfall. "What a strange place." He remarked absently whilst watching the fierce water.

Who'd have thought something like this would be under here?

He looked around in thought, drawing to a halt, before his eyes finally came to rest on the stallion. "How many are in here?" He asked, suppressing the annoyance from his voice. A nice, solitary cave would have been much better in d'Artagnan's opinion. He turned to the female of the group then as she asked after name of the monochrome stallion, he remained silent, awaiting.

image credits

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Hidden Account
Candy
Thankfully, the glowing red pools of the knight rested upon the pale faced mare, and the reflective horns of glass upon the sorrel stallion that trickled in closely behind her. Unmoving he watched the obsidian mare dance past noting her liquid motions as she moved to the pool for a well deserved drink. And for a moment, the way the waters reflection rippled across her skin she was beautiful. He wouldn’t admit it to her however, that he didn’t just think of the female gender, to be useless brooding whores. Though, they existed; whores that is. But he couldn’t help but wonder if she was from a time in his past, from a kingdom of warriors who bore the docked tails and hairless necks. Still framed, it’s almost as if she was moving in slow motion, even the water that dripped from her lips hit the floor like music notes. Though his visual emotions where lacking their place, he turned to the stallion as he was glancing around the seemingly tight space, commenting on how strange it seemed.

As his brethren came around, and questioned the numbers that lay under the earth’s surface, the black demon stood puzzled. He wasn’t sure exactly, how many hoof beats had made it into this place. And for a moment, he wasn’t sure how to answer, and let his eyes rest upon the demon dog upon the floor. ”I couldn’t give you an exact number.” He paused, his tones honest as he looked back up to the sorrel stallion. ”But there are many.” He hinted, although he was unsure exactly what herds had come; he knew that the Edge was mighty in numbers, should they have made it these caves would be packed. But they were not as packed as they should be, and that worried him.

It wasn’t so bad, compared to other places here. The ceiling was higher, and the opening in the roof allowed for fresh air to stream in with the flow of water. It was breathable, unlike other areas of the cave where it was over crowded, and the hot breath from others lungs seemed to make you want to choke. Though his attention was divided, as a single lobe turned to face the mare as she neared him, inquiring him about his name, of course in these dark times out in the open his name was the last thing on his mind. But the way she had finished her sentence, caused a slight annoyance to flutter over his lips, curling them down in a hidden frown as he stared upon her. She was a cocky little thing, the pale faced mare. He did have a bad habit of giving one a nick-name; perhaps she was about to get hers.

That depends on who’s asking. The demon thought to himself; ”I could say the same for you, paleface.” He said bluntly, once he held a name that rang terror into ones hearts, one that was well known within the kingdom; was now just empty and hollow. Twin soldiers lazed to the sides of his crown, as he turned to her; eyes of red resting upon her own icy pools, a sneer upon his tongue: ”Do you have a name?” Now where was it written, that Nato would have to play nice guy? That book has been burned long ago; he was now more of a wing-it kind of man. After all, she was the one that stumbled upon this land- she was the new one. She should be the first to exchange the secret of her calling. The black demon left it open, to the other stag if he wanted to give his name, he could. If not, then Nato was fine with that too.

Parched, the dual toned beast moved to the glittering water for refreshment before she could reply to his statements. He had an ear pinned on them however, should they open their venoms maws. He drank the cool liquid hitting his stomach like rocks, but it was oddly soothing.

Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Paleface. Really? I looked at the other stallion, the one I had trailed behind on the way over here, just to see if he liked the way the black jerk had talked to me. Of course, I did not expect him to stand up for me, for that would just piss me off even more. So, this was the way to play things, I could dance to that tune.

I would show him. Okay, I may have to use my body and some flirting to get what I wanted, but so be it! I was not scared. So, with my slender legs I turned around and gave both of them a sweet smile. It almost hurt, for I was not used to smile like that. I walked a few steps towards him while I thought of a good reply. When I found it, I fixed my gaze on the bastard and eyed him from top to bottom. "I don't think you could handle my name, Tiny."

Before I was finished with my sentence, I had already moved on to the other stallion, and to him, my eyes grew softer. "So, whats your name, mister sexy ass?" Where all those sexual things came from, is beyond me, but I do know that if someone tries to break me down, I fight. Either with my body or my words. It was no point in trying to see how 'Tiny' reacted to my comment, and truthfully, I did not care. He could rot there, with his tiny words and even smaller..you know.

@[d'Artagnan]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
OOC: Hope it's okay to throw her in here! :D

The silver women patrolled the caves regularly, horn brandished like a weapon as she half-expected a wraith to attack her around every corner. She had been living beneath the surface of Helovia for a while now but she was no less used to craving the outside world, and often cast hopeful glances up through the heavy rock above, praying one day she would be able to rise again. She knew it was almost time to act - she could not remain beneath here for the rest of her life. It was simply a case of biding her time and finding like-minded equines to help her, as she knew she could not tackle the darkness alone. She trotted through the caves, her long strides devouring the ground in front of her and her breath coming in harsh gasps; her mouth was dry, and she knew she would have to take a trip to the surface soon to quench her thirst. But even as she moved, her ears pivoted as she detected the distinct sound of water, and an expression of puzzlement shifted across her refined features.

She was quick to alter her path towards the thundering roar, thinking that an underground lake would be extremely helpful if that was, indeed, what it was. She slowed her pace to a walk, nostrils flaring as she detected a myriad of familiar scents, including that of her sire. With wide eyes the steel soldier continued to amble through the labyrinth of caves, eager to visit her father and ensure he had not been taken by the evil up above. As she rounded a corner she was greeted by a rather crowded cave, and her ears momentarily pinned to her skull at the notion of being in such an enclosed space. But the pounding falls nearby were tantalising, as was the prospect of spending quality time with Nato. She arrived just as a strange unicorn mare spoke to the black stag in a rather too familiar way, and a look of disgust flitted across Nyx's face. Tiny? Her father was an attractive man, there was no doubt about that, but still, the idea of him getting jiggy with a mare half his age was just too gross to contemplate - and pet names were a bit too close for comfort. "eww, are you hitting on my father?" she asked the woman through narrowed eyes. One pale pupil darted towards Nato - sorry, Dad, you've been cockblocked.

With one broad swing of her skull, the dove realised it wasn't just the three of them. She had failed to notice d'Artagnan (or 'mister sexy ass', apparently, which to be fair was quite hard to deny) standing there, so focused had she been on death-glaring the woman. But there he was, in all his glass-horned glory, hellhound by his side, and Nyx defiantly lifted her frozen gaze to meet his, picking up where they'd left off last time. It wasn't a challenge, but she was keen to see if his reaction would be as strong as last time, or if that had just been a one off. She was curious about him, despite herself - the way he had reacted to her had only intensified her desire to discover quite what it was about her that he didn't like. "and how are you, grumpy-pants? removed the stick from up your ass yet?" Her voice was playful, containing no malice or ill-intent; she wasn't the sort to cause conflict where none was necessary. With the evil up above, it really wasn't the time to make needless enemies.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

d'Artagnan listened intently, the noise of the waterfall making it difficult to decipher words if one wasn't on the ball so to speak. Under the gaze of thick bodied stallion, Aramis fixed him with an even stare before walking off to the water, grimacing as the cold grated down his throat, but enjoying the way it eased his thirst. After that, he walked back to his bonded and returned to his sitting position, listening to the distant noises of the cave as the Nightshade nodded once at his painted brother's reply. Seemed he wasn't really going to get much more information about what was happening outside now and he doubted many would want to speak to him, unless the basin members had already made it here. If they had, he was surprised he couldn't hear the cries of battle that normally ensued whenever they showed up anywhere. "I don't much like crowded caves" it was a comment to himself really, a spoken thought as he absently looked around with a show of distaste before his gaze finally returned to the spunky, little mare.

He smiles sweetly back, enjoying the strange game that had somehow ensued, and snorted at her retort. Surely his crowned brother wasn't going to let that slide, though it was quite amusing and d'Artagnan found himself enjoying this strange huddle of odd misfits despite the initial crowdedness. Perhaps he should step back and get a better view of the ongoing slanging match that almost made them look like old lovers who were utterly fed up with each other. He would have quite happily gone along and watched if her sweet paleface had not turned on him and addressed him in a manner that the Nightshade had surely never been addressed in before. Mister sexy ass; that was a new one. Just as he was about to answer there was a bustling nearby before a rather loud voice broke through into their conversation and d'Artagnan's head rounded on Nyx with a startled look. Of all the-

Luckily this time the shade was in a much calmer mood, his emotions carefully under control and he met her wintry bodice with a level gaze, eyes widening slightly in surprise when he noticed she addressed the red eyed stallion as 'father'. They didn't look the slightest bit alike apart from their horns, which wasn't really much, not many of his own offspring looked like himself apart from the odd glass horn thrown in. Apart from Roux. If it wasn't for his mother's clear imprint on him, the boy would look exactly identical to his father.

Before he knew it the mare he'd met not so long ago on a rather strange day, surrounded by broken shrines of Gods, had noticed him and began to speak in playful tones. Apparently he hadn't scared her too much, good; d'Artagnan was normally a fair natured fellow towards his kin. "My ass is popular today." He commented blandly to no one in particular, though a stick up it sounded rather uncomfortable. "I'm fine." He answered rather reservedly, not too committed to revisiting that particular day.

Finally, he turned to the other mare of their growing party, giving her a half hearted smile. "My name is d'Artagnan the Nightshade, but just call me d'Art. Or Sexy Pants is fine too, I suppose."

image credits

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Candy

The cool liquid felt good on his tongue, it had been a while since he had a decent drink of unpolluted waters. Droplets lingering upon his maw as he turned his crown slightly to gaze upon the approaching mare. He wasn’t fooled by her tedious smile, or her stride of false elegance. Iron weapon yielded against the dark ceiling, with only the waters reflection to give away its presence. As the pale faced vixen walked over, his crown rose above hers crimson pools gazing down upon her, not the slightest amused. His tongue cleaning the rest of the liquid from his lips, as long ink ears faced her, awaiting her words of ignorance.

Tiny? The stallion mused himself in his mind, on what exactly this mare could be referring too. He was taller than the pale faced wench, so she could only be commenting on his man hood. Crimson eyes narrowed, as they watched the dainty being strut away to his brethren. What she called him, was even more amusing. Arching his neck he turned away from the pale faced whore. Clearly, that is what she was after all. ”Whore.” A single world, whispered below his breath masked by the roar of the falls. The company of fellow unicorns was nice, given all he had seen in the Edge was the hornless ones, his kind there were few and far between.

Though the sound of another voice echoed his mind back to reality as he turned to rest his eyes upon his daughter; a prideful smile lacing the corners of his lips as her words spat like poison to the whore. His pride and joy, his blood was strong in her veins, even though she held her mother’s beauty. Though, he did notice something, the way she looked to his tattooed brother. It was obvious, they had met before.

Lobes shifted to the sounds of the cave, as he stepped past the pale faced whore, his lips parting as his teeth snapped at her flank, he was reaching out for a bite, he didn’t care if he hurt her or not, but to no avail he just snatched air this time. But he didn’t linger long on the thought, and moved near his daughter his pools resting upon his glass horned brother in wonder. His statements about his ass, caused a soft chuckle from behind Natos lips, while he noted the stags name.

d’Artagnan. The Nightshade, nonetheless; Nato remembered his title, though none of that seemed to matter anymore not in Helovia. ”Pleasure to have met you, d’Artagnan.” His tone was mild, but content as he turned to face the duo, standing at his daughters side. ”My name is Nato, and this is my daughter Nyx.” He turned to gaze upon the pale faced mare, and then to the hell hound that seemed to be content at his bonded side. Oh what Nato wouldn’t give, to have his magic back, to be able to vanish into thin air, to set things and others ablaze. Those were some good times.. and Nato just relished the thought of burning what little buttfluff was left on the whores ass.

Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Wow, this room became quite crowded as the new mare arrived and even more so, when she called this..asshole of a horse a father. It suprises me that he even knew how to make a foal, but as I settled my mind, I thought about the poor mare he had raped. Yes, it had to be rape. No one in their right mind would let him come near enought or actually feel something for him.

I tried hard to hold my expression when the mare blurted out something to mister sexy ass, and I wathed closely as he shut down even more. Too bad, but at least I got a name to put on that fine body. And then, of course, Tiny wanted some attention and snapped at me. I wondered briefly if I should show him how a proper bite should look like, but hell, let him have this one. It was as close he had come to a mare in weeks, if you did not count his daughter. I did show my feelings though, as my ears flattened on top of my skull and my head was raised. I have to watch him more closely it seems, before I end up like d'Art. A horn in the ass does not sound pleasant.

Sometimes I am glad my face is white, for a moment later, two names were shared. No, this could not be! Him?! Caught between disbelief and what felt like a mild heart attack, I began to laugh. "You're Nato?! Well fuck me sideways and call me a bear!" I laughed so hardt that tears began to form in my eyes, and my chest hurt as I tried to catch my breath. When I did, I looked at him with amusement before my blurry eyes caught the glance of the others. "I'm Quinn, Orvos' daughter! He wants me to have your foal."

D'Artagnan seemed like a changed man, almost jovial - the polar opposite to the brooding, irritable beast from their last encounter. Maybe the presence of Mauja had an adverse affect on him, and Nyx had to smother a twitch of a smile at the notion that the two stallions might have been lovers. Now, there was a mental image she could savour. "Well, it's quite a decent ass," she said pleasantly, eyes twinkling with mirth. Providing he didn't turn narky again, Nyx was quite content to engage in some light-hearted banter - she'd even conquered her fear of his hellhound, now she knew to expect it. She also felt a good bit safer here, with her father by her side, than she had at the Veins with two leering stallions and their vicious companions.

She watched and smothered a wince as Nato aimed a bite at the other mare's quarters - well, that was slightly rougher flirting than Nyx liked to see, but who was she to judge? Or perhaps they weren't flirting, as there certainly seemed to be a degree of antagonism between the pair of them. She did not doubt Nato had been aquainted with other mares during their long years apart, but it was still strange of her to think of it, to consider that she may have other half-siblings somewhere that she had no idea about. As her sire moved close to her, the steel soldier shifted her muzzle to try and press an affectionate nuzzle to his powerful shoulder, a soft whicker of greeting falling from her lips. She was proud of the blood that ran through her veins; warrior's blood, king's blood. Nato introduced them both, and she decided not to mention she had already met d'Artagnan before - she was keen to erase that meeting from her memory. She was still deeply curious what it was about her that had caused the glass-horned man's change of mood, but she supposed it was to be a mystery that she would never solve.

She shifted her gaze to the pale-faced mare, who, to her surprise, didn't retaliate to Nato's nip. She wants the d, Nyx solemnly decided. Her ears pinned as the other woman began to guffaw upon learning Nato's name, and she resisted the urge to shut her up via a hoof to the face. Then she introduced herself and revealed her father wanted her to have Nato's child - say what? It was a strange system of betrothal that Nyx had encountered during her time in the wilderness; their leading stallion would often offer his daughters to the strong warriors of other herds, to create alliances and ensure his blood remained strong. But the silver woman hadn't thought she would find it here, too, let alone involving her father. "Who's Orvos?" she asked, head pivoting to speak directly to Nato. And why does he want you to bone his daughter?

d'Artagnan's gaze was becoming lighter in amusement by the second, not knowing what he had quite stumbled upon as the dark brute missed his target, teeth snatching at the air instead of the flank of the bald mare. The belle let it slide, which d'Artagnan found interesting, perhaps she was indeed after something. He watched as the stallion moved off to stand next to none other than his daughter, Nyx, the shade's gaze sharpening as he introduced himself and his offspring, Aramis staring off somewhere into space, daydreaming no doubt. Nato. An easy enough name to remember, one even d'Artagnan could remember; Nato and Nyx. He'd never heard of their names previously, making him wonder how long they'd been here, but that wasn't at all uncommon. Helovia was big and he was rather unobservant at the best of times. His attention turns to Nyx and he offers her a rare sweet smile, thank you." Nearly eleven years old and now they decide to pay attention to his ass; mares.

The heat turned up quickly and quite unexpectedly as the elder of the two mares seemed to fall straight into a laughing fit, apparently she knew Nato. Elaborating more she was revealed to be Quinn, a traveller from some far away land on a grand quest for Nato's loins. How exciting! d'Artagnan struggled to contain his laughter as he watched each face as the conversation went from snide remarks to blunt proposition, he turned away afraid he was about to burst into uncontrollable mirth.

"I wouldn't keep the lady waiting Nato, it would be a shame if she travelled so far just to have her dreams crushed" he said with obvious laughter, enjoying himself off the backs of others. He wondered exactly why this Orvos would send his daughter on such a mission, he tried to imagine asking Aviya to do such a thing and felt quite sick at the almost certain outcome. Most mares were a law unto there own, but daddy seemed to have his claws deep in this one.

image credits

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Candy

The affection from his daughter was returned with a soft nudge of his velvet lips to her shoulder. He was proud of her, that she didn’t turn out to be some meadow for the stallions to romp around in. She was regal, and stood tall at his side. But his moment of pride was soon shattered, as the pale faced mare erupted with laughter, and he couldn’t help but gaze upon her with a questioned look. The last time he saw anything laugh that hard, was well- never. As she stepped closer, her voice crashed into his ears like nails to a chalk board, causing them to flip back tightly against his crown. Why was it so funny, that his name was Nato? Confused, the irritated stallion glared at the ludicrous minx. To him, she was disgusting, and now a waste of time. Why did he bother bringing her here? Ignorant shemale. Crimson eyes rolled, as he turned and looked to his daughter, who was equally puzzled.

And before he could say anything, the pale faced wench spoke a name he hadn’t heard in years. Orvos, the name rolled smoothly in his mind as he remembered the black iron horse. In his travels after the shadow of Isilme, he had found their herd many moons away from what he considered home. A tribe of warriors with docked tails, and hairless necks drove a world of power, and skilled fighters. His eyes plumped to her final statement, of baring his child. You have got to be kidding. His thoughts raced back to a moment in time, where he noticed the stallions there were all the same, and the mares, were slender and beautiful, but she she was shaven and cut to look like a warrior. How.. cute.

Turning to his daughter, as she questioned the strangers’ name, he offered a half hearted smile. ”He was an old acquaintance.” Tone, firm as he lifted his gaze from his blue eyed daughter and to his glass horned brother, d’Art. His motions of looking away, followed by his words set Nato over the edge, as he removed himself from his daughters side and walked closer to the lake. Why would Orvos send me this creature? Her insanity mocks her heritage, and her father’s loins. Sending her here, to add my strength to his empire; what a fool. Could he not find a more suitable mare; One with a brain? Nato found himself lost in his own thoughts as he turned to face the trio, a twisted smile creased his lips as he lazed his crimson gaze upon Quinn.

”Of all the beautiful mares in his empire, he sends you Tones were laced with a mild rumble of laughter as he found himself daunting on the fact, Orvos had to be out of his gord . It’s a damn good thing, mares can’t rape stallions. The beast grinned to himself, thankfully.

Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Well look who's laughing now! I could not rid my face of the smirk that had settled on my lips, as I watched each of them reach to the simple, yet true statement. Nyx turned to her father, obivously. It looked like the two had a strong bond, but even strong things shatter sooner or later. D'Artagnan on the other hand, he was more my type and it looked like he would not trade his place here for the world. He even pointed out something that made my laughing start again.

But Nato. Oh how I took pleasure in watching him realize what I had just said. I could almost see his braincells burst inside his head as he blew dust off them and set them to use. My eyes followed him as he moved to the water and I waited for a snide remark from him. And there it came.

"Well, he would have come himself, but I pointed out that you would probably not be so keen on fucking the old bastard." I managed to keep the laughter at bay this time, but my blue eyes betrayed the amusement I felt. The image of my father with Nato at his rear, humping away like a maniac, well, that was a scenario no one could take from me.

"But for myself.." I turned my gaze away from him and focused my attention on d'Art and Nyx, before I finished my sentence. "I'll pass. You make me want to vomit more than spread my legs"

OOC: I'm lol'ing so hard at this thread xD

A small smirk turned up the corner of her muzzle as d'Artagnan offered her a sweet smile. "Anytime," she replied cheerfully. She looked back to Nato as he explained who Orvos was, then grimaced at d'Artagnan's comment about not keeping the lady waiting. Surely, surely they wouldn't get down to it right in front of her? That would give her nightmares for the rest of her life, and her black muzzle wrinkled in evident disgust. She didn't object to her father sating his masculine needs, but she generally tried not to think about it, because ew. It took a lot of energy for her to keep a straight face when her father put the girl down, but her pale eyes twinkled with subtle mirth. So far, Orvos' plan didn't seem to be working; she was detecing an air of contempt between the two rather than any sizzling sexual tension.

Her already wrinkled muzzle shrivelled further as Quinn proceeded to mention Nato banging her father instead. "Thank you for that mental image," muttered the steel soldier, an expression on her face like she had just stepped in something smelly. Her ears flattened slick to her skull at the insults falling from the other mare's lips - that was Nyx's father she was so brazenly insulting, and the dove stomped an ebony hoof onto the stone ground with a resounding clack. "Oi, you could do a lot worse," came the iron woman's stern retort. She had always been a daddy's girl; she hadn't had much of a choice, given that her mother had made her every waking minute a misery. She idolised her sire, adored him, and did not appreciate anybody talking down to him. Taking a few deep breaths, the woman calmed herself before looking back to Nato, who had moved towards the underground falls. "Why would this Orvos want you to bed his daughter? What would he gain out of such a union?" In her old herd it had been done for the sake of alliances, but given that Orvos did not seem to be present in Helovia, Nyx could not fathom why he would decide to send his child on a mission to get impregnated by a stallion halfway across the world. There were plenty of strong men dotted around, why was it specifically Nato whose seed was desired?

d'Artagnan was increasingly beginning to feel like he was stuck in something that wasn't entirely his business. Yet, he couldn't just walk away from a moment so entertaining as this, even if the slick tension in the air was quite awkward for him at times. The conversation shifted into something you'd find in a frustrating romance story, the love/hate was lost on the shade, but he was enjoying the reactions with great glee. As he listened he became silent, pretending to be more interested in the waterfall that cascaded from some unknown source, his only give away were his stained red lobes that were angled in the direction of the heated conversation. It reminded him somewhat vaguely of that day he'd caught Mauja making eyes at Lotus, a little different in tone, but the same descriptive dance. It all added up to the same thing in the end. He smiled fondly to himself when memories of conversations with Kou came into his mind, mares were indeed the strangest of creatures.

It seemed Nyx was the one with her head screwed on and her ears on the benefits. Indeed what would this seemingly well placed Orvos' gain from Nato's dalliance with his oh so fine daughter? Perhaps he was one of those stallions that had an incessant need to secure the future of his kingdom. Perhaps he was just doing his daughter a favour. A rather crude one. Yet, his child did not seem daunted by Nato's laughter and her seemingly punchy personality looked to be more than up to this task, but that was only d'Artagnan's observations as a fly on the wall. A rather involved fly for something that was really none of his business.

In the end he couldn't think of anything to add to this delightful conversation and remained silent, enjoying the show so to say.

[ooc: xDDD me too]

image credits

filled with rage

Hidden Account
Candy

Tongue lay heavy behind his velvet maw, jaws grinding in amusement as he gazed back upon the pale faced daughter of what he considered to be brethren, a fellow soldier. How could this miniscule mare have come from his blood stream? Alas, the dark knight was at a loss as he gazed upon her baby blue eyes as she slandered him again with her pestering voice. What was said, however would burn into his mind, probably for the rest of his life. If the beasts’ body was capable of throwing up, he would have done so; twice. Disgust flashed in his crimson eyes as he turned to his daughter as she spoke, obviously just as grossed out as he was. He couldn’t even bear the thought of mounting a fellow stallion, to many dangly parts; if you know what I mean.

Would she ever shut up? Eyes blazed their normal shade of blood-stained red, as he gazed upon Quinn with obvious disturbance on his scared chiseled face. Seems the stallion was in luck however, the more he brought her down, the more she became less interested in her father’s wishes. By the Gods, Nato might have a chance to escape the cooties! Although this whole vomit thing, he really wished he could do right about now.

A smirk tugged upon his maw, as Nyx clacked against the cave floor with her hoof in response to Quinns rude remarks. He was proud of his daughter, who had no doubt become a strong young lady, with a good head upon her shoulders. It was more than he could say for Orvos, what low-life mare had he knocked up to get this bad egg? He breathed softly, offering a look of playful if not devious spite, as she questioned the union, for fulfilling this task. He honestly, had almost forgotten. But wait, it gets better. She thought she would have the last say, but oh my.

”I lost a bet.” He smirked, looking from her and snaking his head to gaze upon Quinn the brainless. ”I bet his daughter wouldn’t live past the 5th frost fall.” Tone was laced with a playful spark, and a drop of venom. Crown lowered chest level, as he gazed at her, wondering what might come from his last remark. But he wasn’t finished explaining. ”She was to be sent to me, if she survived.” Damn my luck. He snorted deeply, a hoof clacking upon the floor as he snapped his obsidian threads against his haunches. All the while, good old d’Art was minding his own; but that gave the black knight an idea.

”Since your distaste in me is rather obvious, perhaps d’Art or I’m sorry..” He paused, a smirk kissed his lips as he turned to the glass horned stallion. ”Mr. Sexy Ass; would be a more suitable seed for your empty womb. ” He finished with a laugh, knowing damn well that anything that came from that dark dusty place, was about as useful as a fish out of water.

[[ooc: XDD]]

Nato

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

At this point, it was more fun to watch what d'Art thought about this mess, then to actually piss Nato off. Nyx on the other hand, began to stretch my patience, but as I did have brain, I knew better then to say it out loud. No, it was that brainless know-it-all with balls smaller than a raisin seed, that I used my energy on. Sometimes I let my eyes find the brown stallion, but I never offered Nyx anything. To me, she was just another mare, trying to show her daddy that she was all grown up.

When she asked her father the inevitable question, I listened carefully to ensure myself that I had not missed something. I actually knew nothing of the reason why my father had insisted that I should bring Nato's filthy blood into the herd, but I was not in a position to ask.

So, you may understand why I could not hide my surprise when I realized the backstory of my little mission. A bet? Five years? You got to be kidding me! My own father, who raised me, had given me away as a prize in a stupid bet?! I could not believe my ears and my brain struggled to make this into something I could understand.

"A FUCKING BET?!"

My rage drowned me, making every good feeling I have ever had towards my father, die. In this world, it was only me and Nato left. The others was like shadows lurking in the corner of my eye. I was so mad that I could have ripped the whole cave down, piece by piece!

My nostrils flared with my heavy breath and each muscle in my body was ready to make a move. All of the joy and teasing that once filled my eyes, were now replaced with pure hate. Someone is going to pay a high price for this!

OOC: I am speachless XD

OOC: I get the feeling Quinn is like this right now lmfao xD

She was quite flabbergasted by the turn this conversation was taking, and her jaws hung open for a moment in shock before she shut them with a resounding clack. She stole a glance at d'Artagnan - poor fellow must wonder what the hell he's walked into. "A bet," she said, her voice a queer mixture of amusement and complete disbelief. She flashed her father a quick smile, eyes twinkling with mirth. "I hope you haven't made any such bets regarding me, father," she said, her voice containing the tiniest hint of concern. As much as she didn't object to bedding men when necessary, she wouldn't particulary appreciate being given as a prize. She chose who she lay with, and possessed rather exacting standards. Her old herd's leading stallions had been the only ones to put foals in her belly, and they had proved themselves in battle time and time again. There was no use in weak seed, as it only produced weak children and weak children weren't worth the ass-ripping pain they caused her.

She gawped as Nato idly suggested that Quinn be serviced by d'Artagnan, instead. For some rather strange reason, Nyx felt a quite unecessary stab of jealousy at the notion. She shot a sidelong glance at the glass-horned stallion, wondering if he was the sort who would bed anything with a pulse, and would gleefully take Nato up on the offer, or whether he was a more choosy kind of soul. In Nyx's vast experience, choosy was a term more closely associated with mares than stallions, who would quite frankly shove it anywhere that was warm and inviting enough. She looked instead to Quinn, who looked incredibly angry, and understandably so. Finding out your own father had sent you to fufill an ancient bargain couldn't have been pleasant, but Nyx found herself amused rather than sympathetic with the mare's plight. "A good hard seeing-to might help those anger issues of yours," said the silver woman, tones pleasant but cheeks puffed out in an attempt to stop herself sniggering. When in doubt, get laid.

It appeared his silence had been noticed, the Nightshade wasn't allowed to simply watch and enjoy as it was Nato who decided the blood coloured stallion should have more of a role in such a crude conversation. d'Artagnan, on the other hand, was fine as a spectator, but it didn't stop a broad smile stretching across his face when Nato suggested Quinn take her desires to yours truly instead. Unfortunately he wasn't sure Kou would quite agree with the thought of her Doctor having a bit on the side and as much as the game was entertaining, the pale faced mare had not quite seduced him enough. Mismatched eyes looked sidelong at Nato, amusement lacing into his voice, "are we backing out on our bets now brother Nato?" He laughed, no his darker kin was not getting out of this tangle so easily, not if d'Art could help it.

In the end, Nyx taunted more and d'Artagnan found himself warming to her personality more, if it wasn't for the turmoil of his mind that day, perhaps they'd have got off on a better hoof. Perhaps he'd redeemed himself slightly, but then again, mares were strange creatures. As outrage struck across Quinn's face and Nyx fanned the fire, leaving Nato in the fray, the shade motioned to Aramis and turned slightly away from the group.

"Good luck paying up Nato!" He chuckled at Nato as he began to walk away from the sunken falls, his voice becoming more lethargic towards the end. "I must look for my sons, I would not like to think them lost in the plague outside." He looked to Quinn, nodding once with a laugh in his eyes, she was a jovial new company, hopefully she wouldn't murder her suitor. Lastly, he nodded to Nyx with a small smile, he always seemed to be walking away from her, this strange mare who'd walked into his life at completely the wrong moment. The cave was small, they'd probably cross paths many times in the near future, for now he needed to find Kou and the twins.

"I'm sure we'll meet again."

[ooc; omg sosososo sorry my absence caused this long delay!!!]

image credits

filled with rage