the Rift

[OPEN] A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

To run kept the cold at bay, but even I get weary after a time. My joints had already begun to complaint before we got to the caves, but the descent into the ground, did not help. Even my muscles answered to the gaze others gave me. I held my head high and did not strain from the guidance of the black stallion. As we continued further into the earth, I could not help but to look around. So this was what they considered safe. To me, it felt more like a prison or even a death-trap.

Water. I could both hear and smell it before we entered the room. As my guide turned around, I did not stop. Too many days without water took a toll, even on me. As I walked past him, I offered a small nod of gratitude before the glowing liquid stole my attention. With my head bend down and my muzzle in the water, I drank. My empty stomach argued at first, but as the cold water slowly filled the emptiness, it calmed.

I said my prayer with a low voice when I could not hold more water and as calmess seized me, I turned my head. "You never shared your name. Do you not have one or is it just for the ears of friends?" Why I smiled as I shared my thoughts, remains a mystery to me. I never smiled to horses I did not know, nor the ones that showed me little respect. He had though, in a way. But as he so bluntly had pointed out, I was a mare, and we were difficult to please.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-19-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-19-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-22-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM