the Rift

[OPEN] A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan the Nightshade</style>
                                                                                               Death will know your name.</style>
d'Artagnan listened intently, the noise of the waterfall making it difficult to decipher words if one wasn't on the ball so to speak. Under the gaze of thick bodied stallion, Aramis fixed him with an even stare before walking off to the water, grimacing as the cold grated down his throat, but enjoying the way it eased his thirst. After that, he walked back to his bonded and returned to his sitting position, listening to the distant noises of the cave as the Nightshade nodded once at his painted brother's reply. Seemed he wasn't really going to get much more information about what was happening outside now and he doubted many would want to speak to him, unless the basin members had already made it here. If they had, he was surprised he couldn't hear the cries of battle that normally ensued whenever they showed up anywhere. "I don't much like crowded caves" it was a comment to himself really, a spoken thought as he absently looked around with a show of distaste before his gaze finally returned to the spunky, little mare.

He smiles sweetly back, enjoying the strange game that had somehow ensued, and snorted at her retort. Surely his crowned brother wasn't going to let that slide, though it was quite amusing and d'Artagnan found himself enjoying this strange huddle of odd misfits despite the initial crowdedness. Perhaps he should step back and get a better view of the ongoing slanging match that almost made them look like old lovers who were utterly fed up with each other. He would have quite happily gone along and watched if her sweet paleface had not turned on him and addressed him in a manner that the Nightshade had surely never been addressed in before. Mister sexy ass; that was a new one. Just as he was about to answer there was a bustling nearby before a rather loud voice broke through into their conversation and d'Artagnan's head rounded on Nyx with a startled look. Of all the-

Luckily this time the shade was in a much calmer mood, his emotions carefully under control and he met her wintry bodice with a level gaze, eyes widening slightly in surprise when he noticed she addressed the red eyed stallion as 'father'. They didn't look the slightest bit alike apart from their horns, which wasn't really much, not many of his own offspring looked like himself apart from the odd glass horn thrown in. Apart from Roux. If it wasn't for his mother's clear imprint on him, the boy would look exactly identical to his father.

Before he knew it the mare he'd met not so long ago on a rather strange day, surrounded by broken shrines of Gods, had noticed him and began to speak in playful tones. Apparently he hadn't scared her too much, good; d'Artagnan was normally a fair natured fellow towards his kin. "My ass is popular today." He commented blandly to no one in particular, though a stick up it sounded rather uncomfortable. "I'm fine." He answered rather reservedly, not too committed to revisiting that particular day.

Finally, he turned to the other mare of their growing party, giving her a half hearted smile. "My name is d'Artagnan the Nightshade, but just call me d'Art. Or Sexy Pants is fine too, I suppose."

image credits

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-19-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-19-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by d'Artagnan - 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-22-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: A Moment of Solace [Quinn, D’Artagnan- Open] - by Quinn - 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM