the Rift

[OPEN] you may catch a cold

Anayis Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm so confused.

Not very long ago, I was at home... safely. Then war broke out and I fled. I fled like the coward I've told myself I was. I'm not a cowardice freak anymore. I'm just built like a simple mare, but under that layer of disguise is a mare with a plan-- a brewing plan. Arrogance has taken the place of the coward princess that I will no longer be. I'll become a queen. Understanding my complicated personality is a task few can manage, but those who can understand wil lbe much safer.

My life right now isnt full of daisies and sunshine, but the very opposite-- wilted roses and endless darkness. I've been brought (nearly forced) to live in this cave by a mongrel who still doesn't know how to use complete sentances. I haven't seen the girl from the threshold since the threshold. Her beautiful image lingers in my mind nearly constantly. Her four wings were dazzling and interesting. They were the curst things to catch my eye. Where did she go? Perhaps she could've been my first friend, but likely that may not happen if she is infected by a wraith. Is she a wraith, or do I still have time to search for her?

I'm sure this little disease will just blow over. Honestly, would it be that bad if we all were turned to wraiths? It'd be like... normal. Except, there would probably be a lot more fighting if wraiths are as dangerous as I've been told. Honestly, are they that scary? There is a big difference between zombie monsters and baby bitches. Could the founder of W. A.R really just be a big child?

I see a hole in the ground.

I would have never seen this hole, if it weren't for this little golden dream-catcher. Call me anything you'd like, but I almost wanted to take it for myself. So, I stopped and admired it for a moment. The noon-sun's rays glinted off of it, making it sparkle and shimmer. Would anyone notice if I swiped it away? If they cherished this one item, they wouldn't have just put it on the ground, now would they?

Whatever, I'll just leave that for now.

Then, I stepped forward. To my surprise, I was moving farther into the cave, but my legs weren't moving. I was sliding into the cave. After the entrance was immediately a downward slope, steep enough for me to slide into the cave. When the slide stops and the land become flat, I am already underground.

The hot air breathes down my flanks, my sweaty flanks. Consider me stupid if you want, but I needed to go for a walk. During my enjoyable walk, I heard a moan that could have been from a healthy horse or a wraith. I was in the hot desert and had to sprint over a million dunes of sand to get back here, underground. Then when I get here, there's a wall of lava threatening to overheat me.

So, I move to the furthest wall away from the lava. I'm at the entrance of a room that glows. I don't really want to enter it, because I want to admire what is out here-- intricate designs crafted by stalagmites and stalactites. Glancing upwards, I notice beautiful crystals... if only I could reach the precious jewels. Then I could make all sorts of things for myself and friends. Like the jewel on the chain I have tied to my tail. Pretty, simple, and beautiful. The decoration peaks out of voluminous curls and glints in the light offered from the wall of lava.

Today, I hide nothing.

Walking "Talking"
ooc:; <3 @[Phaedra] and Stella! :D anyone is welcome to join!
edit :; sorry if i retagged you, i had to pit a prefix for the title! <3
Anayis

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Palomino wings beat hard in the sky above, briefly looking out for any wraiths approaching. Whether my scent would lure them in or not, I had dedicated myself in a war against the monsters, hoping to vanquish them. I gradually descended towards the small hole existing in the earth. It felt nice to be surrounded by brief sunlight, even though winter was approaching soon to freeze Helovia. Flowers were withering and dying, and it seemed in sync with the horrific plague washing the land.

Landing in the soft grass, I walked at a slow pace back to the sanctuary. As long as I was surrounded by the Throat brethren, I feel safe despite putting on the bold face. Did I really feel secure in the wilderness? Not really, despite my strength, these monsters were something else. I needed to be immersed with others, even though they were the one thing that I kind of feared. How ironic. Submerged once more in darkness, there was a faint glow up ahead, rocks carved from lava, crystals gleaming from the ceilings of the gaping hole. It was very pretty, I admit.

But one figure stood out from the rest. The lithe yet curvaceous form of a palomino mare, ivory locks piling upon her flanks stared upwards. She seemed intrigued by the crystals lining the walls. Internally breathing to myself, knowing that my anxiety would never subside if he didn't interact with others, I walked up to her. A cheerful grin played upon my maw, as I straightened up my neck, puffing out my broad chest. I showed off my lean and muscular legs, part of my elegance. Was this the way to rub off in a good way to people? I guess I just don't know how to really interact.

The woman was incredibly beautiful at that, and not knowing how to be with the ladies, I craned my neck in a respectful, yet confident bow. "Good day Miss. I am Phoenix, from the Dragon's Throat", polite tones rang out as I stopped a few paces from her. No need to make her feel cornered.

Anayis Posts: N/A
Unregistered

You know how I said "Today, I hide nothing." Well, that's not true. I'm hiding a shitpile of stuff-- so I won't seem like an uneducated turd. Let's ignore the fact that I just said shitpile, for I don't believe that's an actual word. There is an obvious difference between imaginary words and words that one does not know how to say, so that horse says it in a different language. Anyways, one if the many things I will be hiding is my arrogance. I've noticed that people don't like arrogance here.

I will flirt, though.

As the thought of flirting slips into my brain, a stallion walks in. He's alluring from the glimpse I can catch, but nothing over-the-top. Could I test my flirting on him? See if it works? "Good day Miss. I am Phoenix, from the Dragon's Throat" Shifting my weight to my right side, I turn my head to the left to look over at him. My lips curl into a jovial smile and my lips part, attempting to speak. "My goodness!" I turn around to face him head on. "You almost scared me!" A lie, of course, but he will not tell, for I give no signs I am lying. "Phoenix? What a lovely name. I am Anayis." My tone reeks of honest curiosity, and I'll admit, I am a curious mare by nature.

"Did you say... from the Dragon's Throat?" I cock my head at him. That sounds like a terrible way to die. "How did you escape?" My muzzle inches towards his, hoping to greet him. This stallion is already shaping out to be very...

very....

interesting.

I want to know more. Is he part of the W.A.R. efforts? Is he a dangerous wraith? Oh, I love danger! Well, sometimes I do... Other times, I want to run and hide like a sheepish cowardice. I'll admit, I am in a cave hiding from monster I do not know are even real. Maybe when the caveman, Gaucho spoke about wraiths, it was part of his large plan to get me down here and do... sexual things... or keep me prisoner-- either works.

Walking "Talking"
ooc:; <3 @[Phaedra] @[Pheonix] sorry for the shortness!
edit :; sorry if i retagged you, i had to pit a prefix for the title! <3
Anayis

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I crave blood. I need pain. Pain and blood, that's what keeps me going. It's my drug, my everything. It's taken over the void you left, Africa, and now there is no room for you. I need to keep going, hunt down my next victim, so I can forget. I hope I never see you face again, that angelic aura you carry, the one that mocks my being. I hate you now, I hate you for what you made me do, how far you pushed me. This is all your fault. But it's okay, I've found a way to survive. Have you?

I keep myself in the shadows now and not for the reasons you think. No, I am watching, evaluation every move, every gesture made by those stupid horses. I am bored, I need action.

I let my eyes trace over those gathered and wouldn't you know, a friendly face. Or, not that friendly, but it will do. I begin to move toward what should be my herd mate, but in my eyes, is more like a jester. Phenonix, that fucking know-it-all. And look what he is doing. Is he trying to get that poor, little mare to open up more than her wings?

I'll take care of you, sweetheart.

A chuckle escapes my throat at I now stand behind the winged stallion, but it's not him my gaze is rested upon. Let's see how much shit this one can take before he reveals his true self. "He's not worthy of your attention, love. I don't think he has even met a wraith face to face." It's not joy in my voice, but mocking. I need to find your boundaries, so I can use it to my advantage. "Or am I wrong, sweet, innocent Pheonix?"

OOC: Hope it's okay that I throw Wind in here! And feel free to kick his ass XD

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Oh, such a beautiful jewel the palomino mare was, tumbling ivory locks in all their glory. Captivating emerald pools, flashing with femininity and sly intelligence. By the gods, she was truly gorgeous, a statuesque goddess. I was deciding to play all bold, and confident, not letting any anxiety show. Nor was I willing to show off the arrogance I wore like a talisman. It was part of who I was, not because I wanted to be the way I was. The more I reveled in her beauty, stood by this woman, the more I became assured.

Why was my personality shifting so quickly, just like this? She seemed flirtatious (something I haven't dealt with yet), and very high esteemed. I guess in a way, it boosted up my ego. As she spoke to me, it seemed a little bit over the top, dramatic, but in a way it was cutesy. I could buy it any day, for her hidden lies were slick. It seemed, fun and flirty. Playing along, I decided to speak. "Well, I'm sorry Miss, if it was anyone, you would be startling me with your beauty", laughter rumbled out of my taut chest, jovial like the smile upon her velvety lips. My gods did she know how to use beauty to her advantage.

My laughter increased, masculine and playful. "Oh Anayis, my herd is called the Dragon's throat! We lived in the desert before being cast away by wraiths", feeling nervous as she inched her muzzle towards mine, I tried to awkwardly return the greeting, hoping I was doing it right. "You seem very interested. Ask away, I'm here to answer any of your questions", despite all the flirting, I felt myself finding her to be a reliable friend, or maybe something even more, in the future.

But before we could continue our uninterrupted conversation, another masculine voice rang behind us. The slightest, and do I mean tiniest bit of envy pooled within me. "Someone seems a little too full of themselves", the stallion felt his hormones raging wild with annoyance. "Wasn't it only weeks ago you were fawning over Africa? I didn't think you would move on so quickly", my coy vocals alluringly slid out like honey, wanting to chase the ebony stallion away from the golden beauty.

At this point I am only interested in Anayis. "By the way, I don't think you ever came once with us to capture a wraith. I have faced one, but I don't think you'd have the guts to stay and face one yourself", coward! "And I think they might be a little too scary for foals such as yourself, Windwalker", geesh. Why was I being so rude to him? Wasn't it only days ago I felt sympathy for him ripping out his wings and loosing his one only love. It was pity that the whole herd really felt for him. But I erased those thoughts, averting my emerald orbs on Anayis.