the Rift

One plus One makes Me

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

My words echo back to me bouncing of cliff faces I cannot see. Am I really the only thing alive in this place? Have I been banished to some cruel nightmare world? What could I possibly have done to warrant such treatment? I mean sure, I wasn’t the most devote of followers… I just don’t have that level of mindless worship in me. All the same I’d thought she liked me, at least a little. I mean, she gave me Alejandro, didn’t she? Maybe that wonderful, fascinating world was the true dream and all this time I’ve been standing like a zombie husk in this place only just now waking to reality.

The silence drags on, my nerves grow taught and I fidget edgily...

SNAP! CRACK! CRUNCH!

It was not so loud, not really but to me it might as well have been a gun shot. Whatever I’d expected it wasn’t that and certainly not so very close by. My voice is a wordless squeal as I skitter forward a very jumpy few paces with eyes rolling. Then the spoken words reach me and I realize I’ve over reacted. A thing you’d not have done had you been paying attention to begin with Mermaid. I imagine the dry, Mocking voice in my head dripping with amusement; I know exactly what he would say and I respond in kind. Yes, yes Alejandro I know… you’re brilliant and I’m an idiot compared to you. Oh! How I miss those exchanges!

Getting hold of myself I turn slowly and by the time I am facing the stranger my heaving sides are the only sign of my previous state.

“Keeper bless! You startled me lass! I did hope I wasn’t the only one here but I couldn’t really believe it. I guess I am lucky you aren’t a wolf… or something worse…”

That thought makes me cringe, what could be worse than a wolf? Me and my tame world with its tame monsters…

A quick study of the girl reveals what should have been a healthy, well-muscled frame of a build and height similar to my own with shadows of a youthful lankiness that indicate she’s only just come into adulthood. Though, just now she seems a bit... shaky. That perceived youth endears her to me right away. A foolish sentiment I know, but one I’ve never been able to shake. The horn protruding from her head is different from anything I’ve seen before but hey, it glows! Light is certainly something I’ve been without long enough to appreciate in almost any form.

“Well, since you are here can you tell me anything about wherever this place is? It feels… I don’t know… wrong, somehow…”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Lena - 01-23-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM