the Rift

One plus One makes Me

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I’d not realized how tense I’d become until the girl laughs and I breathe a sigh of relief. It is a fine thing to hear that smooth, soft, laugh where before the girl seemed to choke on her own voice. I am glad to have coaxed it from her. Her words about my fickle Goddess bring a laugh from my own throat in return.

“Here now, it is hardly wise to speak so of even an absent Goddess…”

She takes my offer of a helping shoulder then and I wince at how light her thin frame is against mine. Her body is young yet, sure enough but likely full grown and ought to weigh at least as much as my own. I will have to convince her to eat something when we find a safe place for her to rest. Next is a rush of words about how it would be bad for me to travel with her and how she doesn’t want anything to happen to me because I have been kind to her. Her worry for me is a sweet sentiment I suppose but I find the rest of what she says to be simply ridiculous. I know better than to suggest as much to Elsiyum though, she will believe what she believes and it will take more than sharp words from me here and now to change that belief. Again I think unkind thoughts about whoever gave her this complex.

“Yes, we’d better be on our way.”

Turning my attention to what is in front of us I begin to move forward slowly enough that she can continue using my side for support. After only a stride or two I stop again. There is something moving up ahead. It, whatever it is, is running fast and appears to my eyes as little more than a blur in the darkness. It stops and begins to move towards us. We cannot run so I must hope that the being is friendly. I make an effort to remain calm so as not to worry my new friend by seeming afraid myself.

It is not long before I can identify the form as one like us, or rather, one like Elsiyum. Were I aware of the true source of my friends troubles I’d have made a point of the fact that our would be savior is also a horned being just like her, but I am not so knowing. The stranger is all beauty and grace and her words are welcoming at the same time that they are warning. I may be imagining it but I feel that her offer is meant first for my friend and only as an afterthought for me. Even if I am not imagining this I still don’t believe that she means me harm and as my goal is also to see to Elsiyum’s welfare it would seem that we can work together to that end.

The fox-like creature dancing before her is what makes me willing to trust her quickly though.

“Hello…”

I lower my head to the furry beast offering a soft puff of breath in greeting my heart aching for Alejandro all the while. I return quickly to eye level with the stranger.

“I thank you Lena. We are, as you can see, very much in need of what you offer. Though I fear we will be unable to move very quickly.”

I turn my head back to give the girl at my side a gentle nudge…

“And what say you, friend Elsiyum, shall we follow?”

{ooc: Sorry for taking so long.}

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-19-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Lena - 01-23-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Mermaid - 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: One plus One makes Me - by Elsiyum - 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM