the Rift

[OPEN] The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

The stallion definitely looked worse after their journey, and understandably so. Meg had kept them at a fairly quick pace throughout, but now that they had reached the end, it was time to rest. She was eager herself, to take refreshment and rest in the farther caves. Once she’d slept and was sure Hamaliel was alright, she would be off to patrol the area once more. About to suggest they move farther into the caves, Meg held back her words as the stallion spoke instead. She chuckled at his first words, she was of the same mind. “Nor I, to be sure, but you should heal some before venturing out again.” As his words continued though, amiable amusement shifted into a bemused interest. Have I just brought an assassin home for dinner? When she answered, she chose her words carefully. “Perhaps not an assassin…We in the Throat like to do our fighting face to face. We have need of infromants though, but you’ll have to speak to one of the sultans about that, Midas or Gaucho or Shadow, our sleuth. I never can tell where she is though, I haven’t yet seen her in the caves, you’ll be able to fond on of the Sultans easy enough.”

The mare pauses, and is saved from having to say more by Africa’s approach. Catching sight of the grey mare, Megaera’s face breaks into a small smile, but that is instantly tinged with worry. Meg had liked the mare instantly on their first meeting, but she was beginning to notice more and more that the mare was more troubled than she let on. “Well met, Africa, It’s good to see you well. But where’s Silas?” She had yet to see Africa without her magnificent bonded bird.

“Africa, this is…” She hesitated, glancing at the stallion beside her. At their meeting in the threshold, it had been his name that seemed to trigger his grief, so she decided to give the first he’d given her. No need to injure him more now. “This is Lee, a new arrival to Helovia. We were lucky enough to make it here from the threshold”

[Short and a bit lame, I know. It's way past my bed time!]

megaera
someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand
swing at some evil and bleed

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming] - by Megaera - 01-22-2014, 11:21 PM