the Rift

[OPEN] The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

[@[Hamaliel] @[Midas] @[Africa] Thank you guys for being so patient! I should be back on the posting train now :)]

Meg couldn’t exactly pin down how she felt about the spotted stallion. Her seemed polite enough, and her certainly wasn’t attacking anyone, but he had an arrogance about him, and definitely things in his past (and maybe a not so distant past) that her was trying to hide. As Meg puzzled over that, the memory of her father’s last fight came unbidden into her mind. She didn’t regret it, not really… he’d deserved what he’d got, but she wasn’t to proud of it these days. The mare gave a small shake of her head and the shard of bone in her mane rattled softly, her reminder f what had been, and of what she never wanted to be. We all have a past to shake loose, and I’ve been given that chance, why not give that to him? Still, she wouldn’t have to put up with his attitude if it persisted.

As Africa greeted Hamaliel, the spotted stallion seemed to stare at the flames the covered them both. “The flames are harmless. A blessing from the Sun God, patron of our homeland. They won’t do much to fight the monsters at our door, but they burn as a talisman of His light against the spreading darkness.” Meg’s expression warmed as she spoke of the Sun God. She longed to meet the mysterious figure, but she had already been a witness to his power in the lands, and the flames had given her confidence out in her nighttime patrols.

The painted sultan approached then, and the bay mare gave a deep nod of her head as he spoke. “Thank you, Sire. It is good to be back amongst friends and find you all safe as well.” Lee seemed to answer the Sultan’s question before she could, and his answer was indeed a little puzzling and even more so was his reaction to his own words.. Struck? More of his lofty secrets I suppose. she thought, glancing at the him before shifting her gaze and reporting to the Sultan. “The Threshold seems untouched, but I fear the darkness if spreading. Everywhere else I ventured had evidence of the foul creatures.”

Her news was grim, and Meg felt the weight of it as Africa suddenly spoke up. Trying a smile of encouragement, the bay mare reached out to nudge the grey under the chin. “We will find her again, sister, and we will go home again. I do not believe this darkness will endure.”

megaera
someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand
swing at some evil and bleed

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Drums Beat Out a Marching Tune [Throat-Welcoming] - by Megaera - 02-01-2014, 04:37 PM