the Rift

Unfamiliar Ceilings [Open]

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

Light is hard to feel on your skin, if you are not out in the open with the sun above. And even then, it's just the heat that betray where it hits you. I missed the sun. I missed the sky, but even more, I missed the sand. Here, it was only hard rock under my hooves. I changed my weight as my eyes flickered over the walls that surrounded me. Why did this feel more like a prison than a safe place?

The truth was, I did not feel safe at all. Out in the open I could at least run away, but here, here I had to navigate through a labyrinth. How much longer could I stay here, before I went mad? No, I could not let those thoughts fester in me. It would mean the end.

I let out a little sigh as I tried to focus on the odd etchings scraped into the stones. They did not make sense to me, but maybe they were not supposed to. I wondered if the told a story or if they were just pretty markings to tell how life used to be.

"Used to be." The words escaped my mouth even before I realized I had them in my mind. Those were familiar words, spoken too rarely, but they kept their power over me. In that moment, I saw it, bright and clear. I was weak. I've become weak.

Weak from blindly following orders. Weak from never asking questions. Weak from..never letting myself feel. The lump in my throat did not move, even when I swallowed for the fourth time. My posture suffered at my try to accept the truth, but it was a feeble try. I lowered my eyes before I shut out the world and in the darkness, I found my resolution.

Never again will I be contained like a mad dog!
Never again will I be restrained!
Never again will I listen!
Never again will I love!
Never again!

OOC: So..this turned out to be more emotional then I thought, but hey, feel free to walk in and piss her off. Or make a new friend. Or whatever :)

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Valhalia decided to go out an explore besides being confined to the Aurora Basin, seeing that her herd mates were ushering to a specific place. Following their scents, mingled with the smells of so many others, Valhalia realized the treacherous perfumes of those she loathed--Equines and Pegasi. Silver orbs narrowed with anger, her teeth were bared in a horrifying grimace as she approached closer through waving grass. Flowers were withering with the frigid weather, but the cold sting of snow was not here to keep her content.

Curvaceous bod swaying towards an opening in the hole, Valhalia entered. There in the entrance were the forms of hornless equines, the large span of giant wings filling up space. Her orbs continued narrowed, avoiding any contact. There were too many for her comfort, and eventually the mare found herself deeper in the twisting tunnels. Eventually entering a cavern with paintings marked upon stone walls of the gods, Valhalia stopped, spotting a unicorn of her kind.

Her face was a mask of rigidness, yet a delighted, and wicked smile spread upon her maw. She was not kind, she was only happy to find a unicorn of her kind. "Hello", petite, Valhalia stuck her neck higher in the air, showing off her sharp apendage. "What the hell is this place? Why are there all these horses trapped in this darkness?" Questions decided to spill from her maw. She wanted answers...Now.

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

I have never experienced such feelings and I prayed I would never feel them again. They drained me of energy, almost clouding me in a cold, black blanket. No, I would not feel sorry for myself. I am not that kind of girl, nor will I ever be. As I lifted my head and let my eyes trace over the paintings once again, a voice sneaked up on me from behind.

After I had turned my body around, a mare caught my stare. What struck me first, was how different she was from me. She looked almost like a doll. She talked too, asking all sorts of questions about the darkness. I eyed her for a time, before I raised my head and showed her both my horn on my chin and my scars.

One thing I have learned in my 8 years on this earth, is that females are more dangerous than men. We may not look like much, but damn, if you step on our hooves, you will feel real pain. I kept my distance when I offered her what I knew.

"This cave is called the Sanctuary and it is not darkness we seek, but it's what we flee from. If you ask me, I think this is a stupid place to be." I could tell that she had just arrived and had not been informed of things, so that gave me an advantage. Still, I wanted to know more. "Tell me, do you know what is happening out there?"

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ignoring the tawny lass, the mare seemed to be contemplating something. A forlorn look played upon her gaze, looking at the stony walls. Bitterness rose like bile scalding a slender throat. Valhalia felt sick for some unknown reason, knowing that those damn wraiths were behind it all. Confusion that was present in her gaze now faded away, and the unicorn remembered why they had fled in the first place.

She just refused to believe it since she would never run from a fight. "Thank you", muttering the words after the crowned mare decided to speak. "I almost forgot why the hell I was dragged here...because of those damned wraiths", gritting teeth harshly sounded at the end of the sentence.

Averting her eyes towards the pale face of the mare, Valhalia gave a tiny smile of approval. "Agreed. We should be up there crushing those spineless cowards", stoic masked, vocals were rigid and serious. It was a personality thing that the mare kept on switching from stern to more open and hateful. But the loathing was still present within her eyes at any give moment, any time.

"Why run from the darkness above only to be submerged in it once more", a dry chuckle rang from her petite bodice as she kept on holding her watchful gaze upon the woman. "I don't know much really. I am a new arrival, and just joined the Basin...All I know is that horses are being consumed by darkness, turned into these zombies", silver orbs bore holes into the walls now.

"The name's Valhalia", curtly introducing herself, she felt like socializing more...Or gaining information, either of the two. "What's your name?" Not an expert at dealing with females, Val would try to enhance her skills with this lassie.

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Was there a proposal in the air, or did my ears decieve me? Of course I would go out there if I could, but after all the shit with Nato, I did not feel like smashing zombie brains. And, I have never fought against something like that and I like to find out everything I can before I go out into a battle. I did not share my thoughts of course, but instead, gave the mare a smile.

"That would be something to talk about, would'nt it?" I even managed to laugh at the thought of two mares cleaning out this land of wraiths. "I am Quinn, one of the Hiria's, and I have just come here. Looks like we are in the same situation, you and I" And I never get along with mares, I thought. What a lie.

I let my gaze take a quick round around the room before it settled on this quite interesting mare. "I think this is stupid, to hide in a cave until the wraiths either move on or we die. When are we going to fight back and show that we are not ponies?" I've known it a while now, that I would not linger here for too long. My quest turned out to be a bet, so naturally, someone would pay for it. And on the top of my list, my father's name shined and mocked me. If this zombie-thing did not get under control, I would not care. Nato could rot here, alongside his daughter and Mister Sexy Ass. I had things to do.