the Rift

[PRIVATE] Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

As I come to my senses and manage to relax in the presence of the horned mare, I find myself observing the intricacies of the glowing room for the first time. I had wandered down the corridors of our underground encampment, passing from the Sunken Walls to the Wall of History, through the main cave of the Sanctuary (where I hadn't been able to stop myself from looking for Gaucho, to no avail) and then into this room. It is different and new, as I had stayed primarily in the Sanctuary prior to fleeing the encounter with Note. Now I take a good look, my bi-colored gaze flickering over dark walls and gently illuminated flora and a star-speckled ceiling that cannot be real. There is nothing but darkness in Helovia's skies now, but the illusion is welcome all the same.

The floor beneath my hooves is surprisingly soft, a far cry from the unforgiving stone throughout the remainder of the caves. More surprising still is the presence of small trees sprouting from the springy moss. They are lovely, but foreign, similar to their overland counterparts but different at the same time. Mushrooms dot the ground and trees here and there, providing the soft blue glow that has been throwing off my color perception, and a stream gurgles quietly from a small waterfall. It is pretty and gentle, not like the rushing, roaring river of the Sunken Falls a few rooms over.

The grey mare offers a compliment in return for my name, and a pleasantly surprised smile takes over my maw. How sweet she seems, to think so highly of me when she has only just met me. My mind clouds, for she only thinks well because she does not know my history, does not know that I am not as pure as she seems to think - but I shove the darkness back. I cannot give in to despair, not this time. Not if I want to come out on top in this battle, in this fight that I have unknowingly and unwillingly entered in return for my desires. If I have learned anything, it is that I cannot sit around and mope and hope that all will be well - no, I must reach out and take what I want, by any means necessary.

But I will not give up my ideals and morals. I will not become someone else.

"I feel that even a day is longer than I would like to be here," I respond with a chuckle, "but I suppose this is better than the darkness." She offers a name, and I think for a moment, my auds flickering back and forth in thought. The crystal rose that hangs from my neck bumps against my chest as I shift my weight, a reminder of the war I must fight, accompanied by a plea to fight on my terms, not the blue's. "I do not know Circuta," I admit. "I came down here a part of the Dragon's Throat herd. If she was of my family, I have no knowledge of her." An apologetic smile graces my features, but drops into a look of wonder as a glimmer from the far corner of the room catches my eye.

"What...?" I step around Cashmere, peering into darkness. Sure enough, a pale blue orb seems to shine from a shore of the stream. As I draw closer, it takes shape, and I realize that I am looking at a small egg. "... what is it?" I immediately feel the protective embrace of maternal hormones, but they are accompanied with fear - how can I take on the well-being of an egg when I cannot even provide for my own daughters, protect my own flesh and blood? But it calls to me all the same, impelling me to lower my head and brush my maw over the smooth surface.

"Talk talk talk."
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Cashmere - 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Favorite Things? Glowing Mushrooms - by Sohalia - 02-04-2014, 11:49 PM