the Rift

[PRIVATE] was i ever your knight in shining armor?

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

A slow, leisurely pace. He tries to stay calm on the outside, but it is difficult. He wants to pace frantically back and forth, wear himself thin. He hadn't slept much, driven too close to the edge to gain any rest. Instead he finds himself locked away in his thoughts, hiding the key to escape from himself. He fears that if he takes a step back out into the real world, he might break.

On his mind now was Lakota, dearest Lakota. His heart sighs heavily as he thinks of her, the newly made Cheiftess. He would bow before her just as he had to Ktulu, and he would be as loyal to her just as he was to the Grey. And never would his loyalty falter, not even for a moment. A heavy heave of his chest as the roan flickers to mind, pale lobes laid to rest. Was he just being a fool when he thought they were beginning to become something, despite only exchanging a few words? Do you believe in love at first sight? He murmurs to himself, lost for a moment. Did he? He contemplates, walking along a worn path in a chamber of glowing flora.

He finally tosses aside his mixed feelings, emotions attempting to rebel. He pushes them further, finding himself then admiring the scenery. He noticed that the ground had softened into a comfortable moss, which eased the pressure upon his hooves. His muscles have relaxed, his mind suddenly eased as the calming sound of trickling water finds its way to his ears. Locket leads himself through the grove of trees, glittering leaves to light his path. Luminescent mushrooms shimmer from the corner of his eyes, the dim lighting easing him. Finding a perfect little spot under a tree, he settles down. It felt good to finally rest, long locks falling upon the moss. His lids feel heavy, a large yawn forcing his maw to stretch open wide.

"talk talk talk"

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Control was back in her possession, and though she felt the wavering of her emotions with every reminder of Ktulu, she refused to let them take hold. The Poisoner had to be strong, she could not afford to break down. She must soldier on, if not for the sake of her herd then for the sake of her beloved. She'd explored nearly every surface of the Sanctuary, and the caverns it held, but it gave her no relief. Frantic energy was still lingering in her veins, demanding she leave and hunt down her lover, do something to quell the aching in her muscles. Tired as she was from the long run from the Foothills to the Sanctuary, she could not capture Morpheus to convince him to grant her sleep. Aodaun paced restlessly behind her, lime eyes centered on her frail form. Had she even eaten, since she'd left Ktulu behind to fight the wraith alone? She couldn't recall. Did it even matter? She'd failed her, and because of it, she'd lost the only other person she'd let herself fall in love with. Was she simply doomed to never love? Had she truly been so terrible in life to be cursed like this? And what of Alleo then, who had committed as many crimes as she? Why was he granted love and affection from Rasta? She knew the look in his eyes, knew the love he refused to acknowledge. It hurt. It always hurt. She was losing him, even more now than when they'd fought on the hilltop so long ago.

Crown held low in exhaustion, she paced restlessly, hoping she was not keeping others awake with the soft clicking of her hooves as she traversed the dark earthen halls. Not wishing to sleep, despite how numb she felt in her physical desire to, she followed the glow of the mysterious underground meadow. At least the light would keep her awake. Aodaun was concerned, gazing upon her, as she methodically placed one hoof in front of the other. It looked as if she was ready to collapse, but every time they passed someone else, she'd raise her head and her eyes would flame as if challenging them to say she was unfit. It worried him, made his stomach curl sickly, but he could not reason with her.

As he glanced around while she walked, he spied a familiar cherry form, and with a mental nudge had her turning tired violet eyes to the tree Locket was dozing under. She gazed down at him as she approached, remembering their conversation from what seemed like a thousand years ago. Had they not been speaking of sleep, then? Lakota could hardly remember. Was it fair to wake him? She sighed, slowly lowering herself to her knees to watch over him, whispering softly to herself.

"I feel as if I only have you and Polly at my side now. My family is fading away from me...I lead a herd now, and yet I am still powerless. Was I tricking myself all this time, thinking I could be of worth?" It is softer than a midnight breeze through poplar trees, hushed and broken, sardonic and bitter. She tilted her head to gaze at Aodaun as he curled up against her side, between her and Locket. Eyes softening she buried her face in his soft fur and gave a hiccup, trying not to cry. "I knew love made you weak." Why had she ever thought it would be a good decision, then, to let it fester inside her a second time? Had she not hurt enough people because of the first time she made that mistake?

Chunga-Stock

Sleep had yet to grasp him, so he lay with his eyes closed, listening as the sound of hooves approaches him. A familiar scent finds its way to his nostrils, pale ears twitching, straining to hear her. She whispers to herself, or to Aodaun, about how she had become Chieftess. This was no news to Locket, he had heard her mention it when they fled to the Sanctuary after Ktulu was attacked. Pride swelled in his heart as he thought of Lakota, standing tall and proud before a loyal herd. She mentions love, making his ears prick with a desire to hear more, eyes still shut tight. Locket dares to peeks, seeing Lakota face first in the fur of Aoduan, who dozes between the two.

He smiles gently, raising his head to peer down at her kneeling figure. "You are of worth, Lakota dear," he murmurs, smile having been toned down as his green eyes gaze upon the blue bodice. "And love makes us all weak, does it not?" His tone drops, his heart shuddering memories from its surface. He would not torture himself with the images of Lakota and the Constrictor embracing. No, he would wipe his slate clean, free of these nightmarish thoughts. Instead he focuses on what happens now, trying to resist the urge to comment on how beautiful Lakota appears beneath the faint glow of the leaves. The words drift on the tip of his lips, frustration finding its place within him. He shouldn't go about flirting with a heartbroken woman, especially a women his former Chieftess loves dear.

A gentle huff escapes the pale lips of Locket as he struggles to fight the urges within. He would not tell her how beautiful she appeared beneath the soft lights, how fragile her roan form appeared when bathed in dazzling lights. He swallows hard, tongue twisted into knots as his stomach squirms about, heart thudding loudly against his chestnut breast. There was no hesitation when the moment came, the words simply... were an oops, shall one say. Locket was captured in a trance, mind unable to process what he says. "A beauty beneath pale lights," he murmurs, green eyes sweeping over the Poisoner. "You've tainted my blood, Poisoner." His compliment becoming something of a joke, a tease in his mind. The last sentence is tainted with a playful tone to it, his gruff voice softening as he gazes at the roan and her bear. He swears to himself when he comes to, realizing what he's done. She's likely still in shock from the events of Ktulu, and here he is nearly shouting to her "HEY! LOOK AT THIS! I'M SAYING YOU'RE PRETTY! AKA I LOVE YOU!"

Oh what an idiot he was.

"talk talk talk"
[oh clumsy locket]

xjrlokix.flickr

Lakota
The Poisoner

Silence lingers as she hides from the world in the warm fur of her bonded. He is her everything, the only one who has stayed by her side through it all, who loves her for every flaw. In all her years, she could never imagine amounting to a state worthy of ever deserving him. Aodaun gave a soft sound, a hazed growl, and pressed his wet nose to her breast. Love washed over her, and her tears were swept back into the caverns where they lay once more, ready to be released when the time was more fitting. A voice draws her attention- in fact it startles her, but she's too prideful to admit it- and she lifts her head to turn white-marked eye towards Locket in surprise. He had been awake the entire time? And she had been idly speaking out of turn...had she known he was conscious, she'd never have revealed so much. The mildly affectionate word tagged onto the end of her name is something she's not used to, and she awkwardly turns her head away, ears flickering in embarrassment, perhaps shyness.

Love...was it not supposed to make them strong? Was it all just a lie to get them to fall for its facade? "The only love to make me strong is that for my kin, and for my blood siblings. Perhaps it is only romantic love that weakens us so," she mused softly in reply, violet eyes sliding up to the inviting green with a bit of hesitation. Had he not been the one to speak of love in his flirtatious actions, when they had met in the forest, though? She watches him from beneath the fringe of her forelock, studying him. Perhaps he was deeper than she'd anticipated, had secrets tucked inside that she knew nothing about. Or maybe he was just a fantastic actor. Lakota was used to doubting all she crossed, but at least Locket could boast that he was closer than most when it came to the Poisoner.

His next words cause her to give a soft, embarrassed sound. Turning, she buries her face in Aodaun's fur, hiding away as she feels the heat of her face increase drastically. Was he seeing correctly? Or even seeing the right mare? Lifting her maw only enough to speak without mumbling, she replies, a flustered mix of words. "I must have poisoned you with hallucinations, too, for you are surely seeing things that are not there." It is a weak defense, not a desire for more compliments. How is she to handle such things? The only compliments she'd received were either from family, sarcastic, or from yellow-bellied subordinates who sought only the favor of the crown on her head. How was she supposed to suddenly answer such a sincere display of appreciation for her form?

Chunga-Stock

Head bobs gently, weightless as his conscious drifts. Her delicate words echo through his mind, leaving a sting against his temple. So he responds, although it wasn't the best decision on his part. As a response to his words, the maiden turns her head away, ears flicking back. Wondering if she was mad at him, Locket moves closer to her, ears perked in curiosity. He opens his pale lips, but does not speak. He wonders what he has done wrong, what Lakota thinks of him now that he's heard her secrets, the reasons for her pain. "And I'll always be here for you, now ye have an extra shoulder to lean on when times grow tough." He offers a gentle smile, kicking himself for not asking if she was mad at him.

It grew apparent she wasn't when she turns back to him, talking of the many forms of love. Her eyes are hesitant to meet his, his heart skipping beats as lavender finally brushes against bamboo, colors colliding in a moment of silence. "Indeed. The love for family and friends is that which fuels us to charge forth into battle. Romantic love compels us to flee, afraid to die without knowing the full extent of romance." Locket gazes at the damsel, silence befalling the couple. At the moment, his heard is being raised to the heavens, falling from his colorless lips and into the arms of Lakota. He trusted her with the delicate item, already it had suffered enough. Be delicate with it, my love. He whispers to himself, tossing aside his mess of a forelock to see the Poisoner clearer.

His next words draw out an odd noise from her figure, and she buries her face in her bonded's alabaster fur. While she cannot see him, Locket stands, grunting as he rises to stride closer to the mare. He lays beside her, on the side unoccupied by the pale predator. She raises her maw enough to speak clearly, her words making Locket chuckle. He leans in, murmuring as he does so. "I doubt. What I see before me is as real as the earth beneath our hooves." Just for reassurance, he presses his muzzle towards Lakota's neck. He desires the warm skin against his, the tingling sensation that will be left on his skin. Already his hairs are beginning to stand on end, excitement gathering within his breast as he leans in for Lakota. "This is no hallucination." He smiles, trying to keep himself calm as he realizes he can feel the heat radiating from the roan's frame. Their skin was so close, if Locket leaned any closer they could touch, that is if Lakota didn't try to avoid the touch.

"talk talk talk"

xjrlokix.flickr

Lakota
The Poisoner

His voice is smooth as it washes over her, and Lakota is inwardly touched by his dedication to her. What had she ever done to garner such loyalty, anyways? A day of harmless flirting and affection? Seasons of sparring together, patrolling and fighting together, never fully acknowledging one another but trusting that the other equine would defend you in times of trouble? Despite all of this, Lakota found it hard to put belief in his words. She was, and always had been, of a very independent mind. She did not need a shoulder, or a kind word, or a defensive statement when she was questioned. Or rather, she felt she didn't deserve it. The Poisoner was strong, was she not? So why was she offered loyalty and trust so readily by those around her? Those who had abandoned her by omission and lack of desire to converse with her. It still ached, inside, to remember how she used to be sought out only for her particular talents. Nobody ever wanted her around for much longer after the job was done. Lakota had learned to stop objecting. "Thank you, Locket. That...means a lot. I hope you know I am here similarly?" is what she really says, her thoughts shut away in her mind where they belong, face smooth, not betraying that they had ever existed. He need not worry over her own problems. She worried over them enough for ten individuals.

She turns to look at him, and lets him speak, but says nothing. Instead she just gazes at him, not exactly calmly, perhaps tiredly. After all she has not slept much, waking with screams caught in her throat minutes after succumbing to Morpheus. Never let them hear you, she had learned early on as a child. Now, she could never actually awaken screaming. It was as if her emotions were clamped down, an iron band around her throat that kept her from confessing anything to anyone, whether it be love or friendship, fear or uncertainty. She was a broken doll, her feelings a jumbled mess of incomplete pieces on the inside. "Love is a complicated, messy thing. But I suppose it's not always bad, in the romantic sense." It's hesitant when she lets it fall from her lips, quiet and uncertain, hoping Locket understands what she's trying and failing to say beneath such simple words.

Of course, he breaks her ability to look at him with such bold compliments, and Aodaun is close and willingly beside her to hide away from her embarrassment. Ktulu had complimented her, but in ways that one would only understand if they knew how she worked. The lilt of her oddly girly giggle, her tiny stature, or the color of her eyes. But Ktulu was subtle, wooing her with grace and tact, messages hidden in the lacing of her words like a precious silver lining. Locket was her counterpart; bold and sudden, blunt and honest. Lakota wasn't sure how to react to such drastically different methods of affection. Alleo and Hana were like her, following the same subtle methods she used on them. Having grown up in a place where compliments meant weakness born from affection, the blood trio had never been forthright with their praise.

Hooves touch earth, soft and muted, but it is certainly not her who moves. She blocks herself from the world, from him, fighting to untangle the mess of emotions inside. Oh, why couldn't Ktulu be here with her? Surely her Constrictor would know what to do. Though, with how jealous her cherry mistress could be, Lakota doubted her presence would bring about anything but some sort of interesting collision with the male that lay against her free side. Aodaun, a silent presence in her mind so far, twinged emotionally through their bond. He was far more perceptive than she when it came to love. It was he, after all, who had worked with Eytan to push Ktulu and Lakota together. He'd been the navigator of her affections for seasons now. Careful, he grunted softly in her mind, a wary tone to his singular word that made her frown against his fur. Why was he so hesitant around Locket? Replace Ktulu, he huffed softly in response. Lakota's ears swiveled, shocked, upon her cranium. What? Was he implying Lakota would be the one to replace Ktulu with Locket in her time of loneliness and need? Aodaun mentally rolled his eyes at her, fond but exasperated, and tried to clarify with the jumbled words at his disposal. Locket try. Locket feel as Ktulu. Ktulu no like. Lakota's eyes stung mere moments later. Because who could determine how Ktulu could feel, when she was possibly dead?

Locket pulled her out of her thoughts before she could respond to her snow prince. She smiles uncertainly as his muzzle dances across her neck, warm and reassuring. Remaining still as he leans in, she feels Aodaun silently move closer to her breast, as if daring Locket to try and cross a line he had decided upon. Not that his action would be noticeable, with how he seemed to only cuddle up closer against her, but Aodaun was no fool, and a rather sly bear at that. But Lakota only paid him half a mind as she focused on responding to Locket. Words weren't her forte. She could only spin them into a web to inspire passion, to motivate others towards a goal, a cause. That was all she could ever do. How was she supposed to respond now? "Then you need your eyes checked," she retorted softly, trying to be playful in order to ignore her own shyness.

Chunga-Stock