the Rift

[PRIVATE] was i ever your knight in shining armor?

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

Control was back in her possession, and though she felt the wavering of her emotions with every reminder of Ktulu, she refused to let them take hold. The Poisoner had to be strong, she could not afford to break down. She must soldier on, if not for the sake of her herd then for the sake of her beloved. She'd explored nearly every surface of the Sanctuary, and the caverns it held, but it gave her no relief. Frantic energy was still lingering in her veins, demanding she leave and hunt down her lover, do something to quell the aching in her muscles. Tired as she was from the long run from the Foothills to the Sanctuary, she could not capture Morpheus to convince him to grant her sleep. Aodaun paced restlessly behind her, lime eyes centered on her frail form. Had she even eaten, since she'd left Ktulu behind to fight the wraith alone? She couldn't recall. Did it even matter? She'd failed her, and because of it, she'd lost the only other person she'd let herself fall in love with. Was she simply doomed to never love? Had she truly been so terrible in life to be cursed like this? And what of Alleo then, who had committed as many crimes as she? Why was he granted love and affection from Rasta? She knew the look in his eyes, knew the love he refused to acknowledge. It hurt. It always hurt. She was losing him, even more now than when they'd fought on the hilltop so long ago.

Crown held low in exhaustion, she paced restlessly, hoping she was not keeping others awake with the soft clicking of her hooves as she traversed the dark earthen halls. Not wishing to sleep, despite how numb she felt in her physical desire to, she followed the glow of the mysterious underground meadow. At least the light would keep her awake. Aodaun was concerned, gazing upon her, as she methodically placed one hoof in front of the other. It looked as if she was ready to collapse, but every time they passed someone else, she'd raise her head and her eyes would flame as if challenging them to say she was unfit. It worried him, made his stomach curl sickly, but he could not reason with her.

As he glanced around while she walked, he spied a familiar cherry form, and with a mental nudge had her turning tired violet eyes to the tree Locket was dozing under. She gazed down at him as she approached, remembering their conversation from what seemed like a thousand years ago. Had they not been speaking of sleep, then? Lakota could hardly remember. Was it fair to wake him? She sighed, slowly lowering herself to her knees to watch over him, whispering softly to herself.

"I feel as if I only have you and Polly at my side now. My family is fading away from me...I lead a herd now, and yet I am still powerless. Was I tricking myself all this time, thinking I could be of worth?" It is softer than a midnight breeze through poplar trees, hushed and broken, sardonic and bitter. She tilted her head to gaze at Aodaun as he curled up against her side, between her and Locket. Eyes softening she buried her face in his soft fur and gave a hiccup, trying not to cry. "I knew love made you weak." Why had she ever thought it would be a good decision, then, to let it fester inside her a second time? Had she not hurt enough people because of the first time she made that mistake?

Chunga-Stock

Messages In This Thread
RE: was i ever your knight in shining armor? - by Lakota - 01-25-2014, 09:04 PM