the Rift

Step off, bro. :: NOTE - CHALLENGE
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

@[Note]

Oohhh boy. Continuation from this thread. Gaucho is challenging Note regarding Sohalia. If he wins, in effect Note will be forced to agree not to speak/interact with Sohalia unless necessary. If Note wins, bry can set the terms. I assume it will be something similar, that Gaucho would have to leave Sohalia alone.

LOVE DRAMA. SORRY BRY.

The words buzzed in Gaucho's primitive mind like bright glowing balls of light. They completely eclipsed any possibility of rational thought or alternative discourse or action. They hung sharply, almost physically in his field of vision due to their intensity. What had only been speculation before, had been solidified.

I mean, she is my mate after all

The rush of blood became louder and louder in Gaucho's brain, as a testosterone fuelled rage washed away any thoughts of this being settled peacefully.

Was my mate?

A snarl appeared on Gaucho's dark lips, separating them until his startling white teeth could be seen. His vision turned red, and in that moment he only had eyes for the dusty stallion. Sohalia was leaving - mumbling something. He didn't care. They would speak later. The question of whether or not Sohalia had any choice in the matter - that this might be resolved without hooves and teeth, but instead by a simple words from the white dove - was not even remotely considered. That Sohalia and Gaucho had never solidified their...whatever it was, that there might not even be anything to solidify, was irrelevant. What was relevant, was his right to find out, and not to be bothered by Sohalia's past. The dun cared very little about what Sohalia had done - what her feelings were prior to him.

It was a matter of principle; of honour.

"No." Gaucho asserted, his rumbling tone even as he took an obviously aggressive step forward. Fire-light danced in heatless waves around his hair, wings, and hooves. "Sohalia mine." He grunted, stormy gaze narrowing as he advanced closer to his former herd-mate. With each step, his hooves struck the ground with a dull thud. He lowered his antlered brow, so that the tines of his antlers were pointed in a hostile manner towards the stallion that he hoped, would be his opponent.

He tried to angle himself to make it clear that Note must either submit, or rise to his challenge.

"You want the chance to have her, you go through me."

Chivalry, might not be something you associate with Gaucho, but that would be a mistake. In Gaucho's mind, the one who could protect Sohalia - the one physically capable - would be the best mate. If Note truly thought himself in any way worthy of her, at the very least, shouldn't he at least try to fight for her? Both for his honour, and hers?

WC: 402
Standard challenge rules -- new battle system.
Attack: 0/4

If you choose to accept, Note can definitely attack first :3

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Her petite hooves crossed the caves with soft thuds as Gaucho set himself in an incredibly aggressive stance. Note had no doubt in his mind that the beast wanted a fight, Sohalia was going to cry, and it would be all his fault. He did not wish to be affiliated with either of those things. Anguish caught his words as he spun on his back hooves and took a couple steps. Maybe he could go after her, fight Gaucho, win her back..but no. The realization had already set in. Sohalia did not love him. She couldn't. She loved Gaucho. These months had changed the seasons, and with that came the changing of her love.
Note tucked his head, closing his eyes as the beast continued to speak. He wanted to be angry at Gaucho, but he wasn't. 'We simply cannot help our emotions. There's no reason to be angry at them,' the dusty bay told himself. He was exhausted, and in no mood to wreck someone else's relationship with a fight of all things. And he certainly wasn't going to treat a woman as property.
"Gaucho, Sohalia is not a trinket to be fought over. She is not yours, she is her own." Note began, turning his heads sideways to acknowledge the stallion. "There are many things I would do for Sohalia, but battle for the right to be her mate? No. I am not going to fight for fake love."
The dusty bay turned to face the larger fully. He held his head low, ears at half mast, eyes averted, and body placid. Note was doing one thing he had never dreamed to see himself do: he was giving up.

--

Mhm, yeah, no. Note's not gonna be participating in this one! He forfeits.

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Note forfeits to Gaucho and agrees to the demands of the challenge. No VP is awarded.