the Rift

[OPEN] Castle Of Glass

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

Something had changed with Windwalker. It was not only visible when it came to his missing wings, but the whole stallion had changed. His gaze did not betray his feelings or the insecurity that had ruled his life for so long. Even his strides were longer and more elegant. It hurt though, the tips of his stumped wings. Only a few feathers remained on each side, but those on his left side, still shone white and angelic. He kept them, as a reminder that he would never let anyone destroy his life again, not even himself.

A smile appeared on his lips every time a horse glanced at him and he returned it, filling it with warmth. The pride that had filled him when he realized what he had done to himself, still clung to his heart, demanding to stay. It did not sway as chatter filled his ears, emerging from the sea of horses. He could not see Africa, but he knew she must be here. For a second he wondered if he wanted to search for her, but that thought died fast. She could be out looking for the Silk-dude and he would not be caught in a drama. Or worse, get infected. No, he would stay here, at the outskirt of the gathered souls and just enjoy the moment.

The way wounds work, is that they take a damn long time to heal. And even if they got a crust, they hurt like hell if it came in contact with something. That kind of pain he felt sharply as a horse got too close and brushed against the sensitive skin. If this had happened two days ago, he would have let it pass or got out of the way, without showing how it pained him. But not this day. The moment the wound opened, he trew out his head, mouth open and ears pinned back, ready to bite. He missed the other horse's neck with a few inches. As he retracted his head, the fury he felt, clouded his mind, making it impossible to recognize who he had tried to bite. "Watch where you are going, fuckhead!"

OOC: Anyone welcome!
Tags: @[Africa] (If you want to) :)

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The sanctuary seemed to become more filled, horses piling in, walking about, secure from the threat outside. The air was musty and damp, a prison that was meant for safety, yet seemed to be restricting the light and jovial brightness of daily life. Sighing deeply, Phoenix was spurred forwards with the hope of protecting his herd, making friends, and fighting for the cause of W.A.R. It gave the fighter a purpose instead of being tossed aside, drifting about like a ghost. Days before, he had aided in helping an ebony stallion whom viciously tore his wings off. The smell was haunting, as with the images, but Phoenix was willing to do anything as commanded.

But now as he weaved his way through a cluster of bodies, one stallion in particular screeched out a few bad words, aiming a harsh nip towards the nape of his neck. While trying to avoid bumping into people to try to exit this cold inferno, Phoenix rubbed against some ebony man, causing an impulsive reaction. Startled, the palomino stumbled backwards, trying to get out of reach, yet the sharp jab of pain was the reward for trying to dodge. Ears pinned back to his head, the man bared his teeth. "Well excuse me", a curt tone accompanied an irritated glare as he flicked his tail dismally.

It was at that moment that Phoenix realized he had touched the injured stallion that massacred his wings. What was left of massive and elegant appendages were a few limp feathers, bright ivory with radiance. "I'm sorry", his voice came out lowered, moving away. "I guess I didn't watch where I was going", apologies, apologies. He felt pity on the man, but that bite stung! Now was the chance to actually get to know someone. "I guess you don't remember me from the day where I wanted to help you", images of blood flashed in his mind as he gave the stallion a kindred grin. "I'm Phoenix...we're herd mates...and you are?"

Hidden Account
Nanna

How fast could he calm down, as the horse he had attacked, blurted out some apology? He tried hard, but the pain would not go away. A short glance at his side, revealed a streak of crimson blood, racing towards the cave floor. He snorted as he tried to make his mind work, and with a little bit of luck, it cleared.

"Windwalker" he answered, not realizing the irony of his name. "I am sorry I bit you, but you startled me. And..well..I'm tired of feeling pain." Had he seen the stallion before? Maybe. He recognized his voice, but could not remember where. But as his breath steadied, the painful token of what once were, eased. So that was the trick.

"Tell me, Pheonix. Have we met before? Your face seems familiar, as do your voice." Moving a little away from him, just in case, he continued to search for a place and time where the horse had been. He used to be good at remembering faces, but now it failed miserably. It may have been when he lay on the cold floor, inches from death, in his search for redemption.

OOC: I am sorry for the short post :( I'll be better the next time! :D

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"It's all okay, Windwalker", emerald orbs gazed curiously, but his face continued as a mask of confidence. The ebony stallion was forgiven, and yet it almost didn't matter anything that he had aimed a piercing bite to the clumsy palomino. The agony he must be going through was a hell, and he had no right to intrude and have him groveling, spewing apologies to the brute that bumped into him and further more increased his pain. "I just hope you're feeling better", a cheerful smile lit his jovial face up as he still stood with a happy mask.

"Yes, we have met...but it was when you ripped your wings apart. I tried helping, but well...I'm no use at healing, but you probably don't remember", only his orbs betrayed traces of sympathy, but the rest of his face was rigid with the disturbing memories. It still troubled him as to why the man would do such a thing when the very purpose of a pegasus was roaming the heavens. They were free creatures, yearning the embrace of liberty. "Tell me brother...why would you rip of your wings?" The very essence of your being. Of course he would never pressure him into telling him why if he didn't want to...

But the man wanted to know, to be of some sort of assistance to Windwalker. It was also the perfect time to bond with a fellow herd mate.

Hidden Account
Nanna

I shifted the weight of my body as my gaze became distant. The horse sure talked much, but he was of no threat to me. He looked too kind and I could read in his eyes that he was a gentle soul. Why his question bothered me so much, I did not know, but I knew I owed him an explanation.

"I got rid of them because they are of no use to me, other than shelter mares from the rain" That was half a lie. Of course, if I had trained more or even found a healer, I could be up in the air by now. But..it scared me to not have solid earth beneath my hooves."I am sorry we continue to meet in such grim circumstances, Pheonix. And thank you, I feel much better."

Well, I had to say something so my herd mate did not see me as a doll, sad horse. No one wanted to spend their time on such personalities. I managed to soften up my face and the smile almost reached my eyes. The last bit would fall into place once we were out of this hole and where we belonged. Sure, I would never fly, but you can find freedom in other places. Like the water. Or on top of a great mountain. I missed the mountains I realized and I missed how they understood me. There was no mountain I could not climb, but that was not the best thing. The best thing was the reward. A stunning panorama that made me feel like a king. Or a God. What I would have given to experience that again..

I suddenly came back to myself. How long have I been staning there like an idiot, looking out into the cave walls? As I tried to pull myself together, I desperately searched for something to fix my eyes on. I ended up looking at his wings, while I wondered why the jealousy never broke through my body. "Are you able to fly?"

OOC: I changed my writing from a third person to a first, since I can't handle to write any other way :p Hope you doesn't mind!

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker