the Rift

[OPEN] Home away from home [welcome, Marco]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Africa had returned home without my notice. I’d been resting in one of the shadowy corners before Fina came flying in from yon entrance. Her talons locked around some prize that had been hard earned. She had expressed complaints about how difficult hunting had become, “Do so in the cave,” I replied, already knowing her response. There was plenty of lizards and such to be hand in our feeding lobby. To which she scoffed and said, “Rather go outside.” I shrugged, understanding her dislike for this cave. How long had it been since my own wings had touched a blue sky, overlooking a pale horizon that was burnt up by a blazing aurora? My heart lurched, yearning for the vision I could clearly see past my closed eyelids. The phoenix cooed mildly, knowing my pangs almost better than myself.

I turned toward the room filled with glowing grass and misty timbers. Fina soared on ahead, eager to find a landing spot to perch from. Sweet smelling flora greeted our approach, as did company. Africa was resting, standing by her side was a stranger—obviously not one of ours for I’d never seen his mug before. Brows rose as Fina found her spot in a nearby fir tree, its branches aglow with strange greenish light.

“Greeting sister, and to ye as well.” I nodded toward them both, lowering my muzzle toward the earthy greens and snatching up a mouthful. Feathers brushed low as I leaned ahead, they curled tightly together against barrel when I rose crewing the soft down growth in polite mouthfuls that suited lady company.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Africa - 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM