the Rift

[OPEN] Home away from home [welcome, Marco]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

Instantly, I felt zero regret, letting it slide freely like water unable to grip the smooth edge of a leaf. An invisible grip hid beneath my own leaf - a herd - and and I, the raindrop sent to gift the world with fertility, but bound to lose control and to fall. There were times where I had felt myself falling, falling, but this time, someone was there to catch me; another leaf to descend from the above and land comfortably within its gentle "hand." That was how I currently felt with the welcoming companionship of Africa, her guiding muzzle, and the attention given for a story maintained by myself. I was easily flattered, but I was never neglected in gaining attention either.

Caught in the midst between two adults and two avians (although the newcomer was much different than Silas) looming with one of each, I was stunned for longer than a momentary duration. Bug-eyed, I believed I stared for longer than what mannerism preached in my former life. My head lowered, same with my eyes glancing innocently at the ground I laid upon. Some cracks, and a few jagged edges to accommodate its appearance.

Africa spoke to the magnificent being in front of me. For a second, I nearly willed my exhausted frame to stand and bow to what I wanted to view as a God. My body really did move upwards before it flopped down again with an audible thump! to go with it. Sheer laziness or weariness; I haven't a clue.

I succumbed to a goofy smile appearing upon my lips because I was labeled courageous. My neck straightened before I could listen in on those words about the Dragon's Throat army. 'Army.' The word had a foreign sound to it, but it wasn't entirely a reason to etch a quizzical expression upon my face. Rather, it was a surprise to meet - didn't Africa refer to him as Midas? - Midas; one of the kings ruling over the Throat of the Dragon. Dangerous work to handle a dragon's windpipe.

The king spoke with such interesting vocab! It impressed me. Everything was still sinking in before I had begun to realize he was talking to me. "Uhhh," I drawled out on the word. My inability to reply like a normal equine was bluntly apparent at this point. "Sure. I mean - yes! Yes, sir? Yes, sir!"

I began to chuckle nervously. My face flushing under the embarrassment of burdening Africa with my reply.
Words: 412
Tag(s): none
Comments:
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Africa - 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM