the Rift

[OPEN] Home away from home [welcome, Marco]

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

Nervousness melted away immediately after Silas's sudden appearance, and the lovely gift crafted so finely by a winged king as Midas caught my interest for the longest period of time. The gesture led to a loss of control as I continued to fawn over it briefly as a velvet muzzle reminded me not to fear. The king's own presence added to the positive warmth with an extra layer of protection curbing his own frets about defense in a new world.

If a soothing touch never would have existed, surely my heart would have hardened into a cold stone. I never knew what an actual heart looked like, but I had always associated the organ with the ability to feel. Now? I began to absorb all of the emotions naturally built into the story, but orally passed down in the lovely voice none other than Africa herself. I was immediately curious, and impulse drove into asking her rather than ask the king so he could interact. It was still beautiful, and guilt stashed itself away.

A few connections were made. So we were in Helovia. Dragons were creatures. Magic! The whole story was fodder for my keen ears; my attention focused intently upon the story. I constantly focused my attention upon words of the wise, and the adults more in their prime than I currently was. I conjured some images of Urulóki's appearance, but none of them felt right. I kept imagining the dragon as ferocious and destructive. The traits sounded apparent. However, there was low appreciation for those who caused destruction to the land, but that was ancient and I'm just a boy. At least a tree stood its ground in the end.

Sometimes I imagined myself there, drifting off into a fantasy-induced daydream where I was the one to witness the war. Urulóki would stand with scorching flames building in his breast - behind thick scales guarding his vulnerable flesh - while it would eventually erupt from his angular mouth and the world would be filled with fire and drenched in crimson stains upon the desolate lands. I was unfazed, invincible to his wrath, and every imagery stood out without a blissful sight to be seen. Dark and depressing was the land after the dragon was slain, and Helovia soon birthed Dragon's Throat.

I sunk too deep into my imagination to realize I had yet to see Africa had finished her story. My senses were slow to return, and I had to blink a few times to recall what reality looked like through the eyes of a vulnerable colt. There, the grey mare was close with warmth continuously radiating from her body, and the own regal aura from the winged king. Mesmerized, and won over, I nearly drifted back into a sleep filled with dreams. The adrenaline had stopped pumping long ago so I felt the aftereffects throbbing in my legs again. Was this how a dream was? Sometimes I mused when I was dreaming and when I was fully awake on Helovian soil where magic was possessed by my kin, and dragons breathed flames upon the land.
Words: 517
Tag(s): none
Comments: Alright! An excellent end by the trio. I'm ready whenever you are, as well :D
"blah blah blah."

Messages In This Thread
Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Africa - 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Home away from home [welcome, Marco] - by Marco - 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM