the Rift

I'll Run Under the Moonlight

Midnight Rose Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OOC: This is my first post! I've read the FAQ and found out that I should post here so the admins can check my profile, etc.

Her muzzle foraged for grass beneath the fallen leaves. The sun peeked through the trees, but it was still cool and shady in the forest. And she was thankful for that. It was much hotter outside of Helovia.

Midnight Rose lifted her neck and perked her ears. A distant neigh rang out. She was thrown into a flashback.

"Hey, Rose!"

Midnight Rose pawed the ground. "That's not my name."

The chestnut colt shrugged. "Yeah, well, is it true you have zebra blood in you? Ha! A zebra!"

Before she could retort, a filly whinnied. "Got you, Nike!"

The colt turned back to her. "Hey, Midnight, wanna play-"

The rustling of leaves startled Midnight Rose out of her flashback. The scent of an unknown horse spooked the black filly; her nostrils flared and her eyes widened. She darted away, galloping until she realized she was lost. Again.

Oh, well, the filly thought cheerfully to herself, it wasn't as if I wasn't lost before, right? The forest has to end somewhere. And, besides, I have to finish my journey.

What was her journey, you wonder?

Midnight Rose was on a perilous, risk-taking journey to find her place in life.

And she had no idea where to go now.

Where to next? Heavenly Fields, maybe. But how much farther is it from here? The filly thought. I should've actually made a plan, before I left. . .

"Well, I've ought to meet a friendly horse here, so I might as well continue on," Midnight Rose muttered to herself.

Guilt prickled at her as she remembered her promise.

"Don't worry mother, I'll return. I'll run under the moonlight, with my shadow my only companion. I'll be where I belong."

'You certainly run fast," her mother remarked.

"I'll ride the wind home. The howling of the wolves will announce my arrival."

"You have a big imagination. And much ambition" was Moonshadow's reply.

"Good bye, Mother."

"I wish you the best of luck."

And with those words of encouraement, Midnight Rose turned her back and left, for the unknown.

I better. . .I better. . .

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Ivory fur stuck out in the pale sunlight, making the lad seem like a glowing ghost, red tinged mane in all its glory. Cyan eyes scanned around the forest area, uneasy as he paced through the trees, feeling a soft wind rustle the branches. A soft whispering sound floated through the still air, and goosebumps seemed to break out over the warrior's pelt. Ever since the invasion of the wraiths in Helovia, the land was unsafe, and Arrane scouted back to the Threshold in search of someone to usher to the sanctuary.

Hopefully the Foothills would take them in, and put the horse to use, to help for the greater good. There needed to be those willinlg to fight. Despite his taut warrior build, Arrane was scared of these demonic creatures. Normally laid back and calmed in the worse of situations, these monsters were a whole different story. They couldn't be fought, or you would acquire the same zombified appearance. Even worse, the cold of Winter was beginning its gradual descent, enveloping the land with its frigid tendrils.

Sunlight streamed on his snowy back, and reluctantly lifting his head, the warrior let out a booming whinny. Arrane's soul mission at this point was to recruit wanderers that weren't infected back to safety. Nothing replied, but he continued pushing fowards. A faint galloping sound caught in his ears, and Arrane decided to pursue it. Eventually after walking for quite a while through endless trees, he found the source of the noise.

A forlorn looking filly stood before him, ebony in color. She was small and seemed to remain uninfected. "Good day Miss. I am Arrane from the Foothills", a kindred smile played upon his maw as he stood his place. Face converting back into a serious gaze, Arrane spoke with a concerned tone. "Listen, it isn't safe for a young girl like you to be out here. There are demonic monsters roaming the land...I can take you back to safety if you like", his true purpose was revealed, and he stood rigidly, awaiting her reply.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She stood in the shelter of the trees, watching the two. She was most likely perfectly visible, but she was waiting for the right time to step in. She had been strolling past, looking for the occasional traveler when what seemed to be a newcomer flew past her. She had patiently been picking her way through the woods when She had spotted her stopped ahead, and just then, Arrane came into the picture. " We must go. " Her usually quiet voice now boomed loudly throughout the empty forest, fright and panic on it's edges. She stepped out of the brush and came up next to Arrane, her side touching his. Abishia offered him a light smile, before turning back to the girl and bowing her head quickly. " You have chosen a horrible time to visit us, miss. But we will still welcome you. Come with us, we will lead you to the safety you need in these challenging times. " She sighed and nudged her ivory friend lightly with her shoulder, not waiting for him to speak.

" We musn't waster time. " She whipped her dome to look off into the distance, her fragile lobes flicking every which way. Panic made her weary and spooky of everything. She turned back to the girl cloaked in midnight. Abishia marveled at her beauty, but had a hard time finding a smile. Slowly, she forced a smile onto her pale kissers, but let it fade quickly. Her orbs where hard and serious, odd for a filly so young. " Now. Stay out here and turn into rotting flesh, or come be safe with us and our herd. " It slipped out. Our herd. What was she thinking? Saying that she was part of the Foothills? Really, she wasn't. The filly was just a wonderer that was good friends with Arrane, who had invited her to his herd, but she never had a chance to really settle in. She glanced at Arrane slyly, and mouthed a quick sorry before turning on her heel and taking off. " Follow me!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"blah blah blah."

@[Arrane] @[Midnight Rose]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered
Midnight Rose stood there, unsure of what to do. The stallion seemed nice, but. . . eager. Almost too eager. And, what? Listen, it isn't safe for a young girl like you to be out here. There are demonic monsters roaming the land...I can take you back to safety if you like Seriously? The black filly thought.

"Erm. . . hello," she neighed. "I-I'm. . .Midnight. Tell me more about this herd of yours. Where is it? I'm on a quest, too see the sun god."

A lie slipped out before she could help it.

"I don't need your help!" The filly's eyes hardened. "I know exactly where the Sun God is! He's expecting me!" W-wait. . .did I just lie to these two nice horses? Wow, I'm losing it. But, I can't show weakness.

"What do you mean, 'challenging times'? Helovia seems fine to me! The scene is lovely! I don't see any 'rotting flesh'." True, the black filly could be difficult and versatile at times, but alone for the first time in her two years, she couldn't help but feel scared and defensive.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
"Abishia", the word whispered through velvet lips as Arrane turned his head to meet the filly. She was the only one who had brought him tears that one time. The only event that had made him cry for the first time in his life--but never again will he stoop to that weakness, for he was a calmed warrior. But now joy fluttered within him, that the sister-like filly was safe and sound within the sanctuary.

"As much as we have panicked the first day, we musn't now", soft whispers ushered out of his throat, craning his neck to gently nuzzle her. "She might not want to come, and we can't force someone", eyes filled with concern, Arrane grinned widely when Abishia spoke once more. Our herd."Dear Abishia, you are always part of the Foothills", seeing her walk away, he knew she didn't stand around to hear what the ebony filly had to say.

She stood rigid, with a confused and unsure look in her eyes. "Well, the Foothills is a loving family, and we used to live outside of caves", making everything brief, Arrane didn't have much time for explanations. "But honestly, it isn't safe at all to be questing", was she incompetent? Or had she not just heard their warning? "Listen child, I don't have any time to explain! A plague has sweeped the land! Horses are being infected and turned into monsters, and they probably haven't made it here yet, or you haven't encountered one! Thank the gods you haven't seen one yet or you probably wouldn't be here!", or been normal again.

He tried keeping his tone nice, but Arrane was no longer calmed at this moment. They could be arriving sooner or later, yet he didn't want to abandon Midnight. He seemed slightly on edge, and reprimanding. "I'm not forcing you to come, I just want everyone to be safe and away from harm", softening masculine vocals, he gazed with worried orbs.

Hidden Account
Wild.

She stopped, not hearing the pounding of hooves that she should have. A long sigh rolled from her as she turned back around. Abishia was about five lengths from them, but had heard what Arrane said. A small smile replaced her gloomy frown at his kind and meaningful words. The girl turned to him quickly after walking back toward him, and flashed him one of her show stopping smiles. The fae then turned to the hard-headed filly. Really, the little thing was quite arrogant for resisting, but then again the frightened little thing didn't know the whole story. Abishia stepped uncomfortably close to her, and extended her maw in a kind gesture, but refrained from actually touching her. Softening her tone, she addressed her. " I know you must be scared, or maybe just overwhelmed," Abi drew in a deep breath before continuing, struggling to keep calm. " I apologize for being so demanding. But you must know that out here alone... well, it's dangerous. These... er, monsters, are terrifying. Even the mightiest of warriors wouldn't stand a chance against them."

The girl took a small step away from the other, much smaller girl. She looked to be young, but most likely older than the beautifully painted Abishia. She flicked her tail, hoping to jokingly slap the ivory Stallion with her locks. A little giggle escaped her, and she was surprised at the sound that seemed so rare these days. Abishia cut it off quickly, with a nervous glance to her surroundings, the constant thought of the beast arousing her nerves. " Look, I invite you to join my dear friend and I. We may not know you, but we worry about your safety. We can provide you the security and comfort, if you want it. " She finished with a curt nod, then lightly nudged Arrane with her maw. She turned to him and formally addressed him, ashamed that she hadn't earlier. " Arrane, my friend, I am so thrilled to see you safe and alive." I honestly don't know what I would do with myself if he was gone... She thought, not wanting to grasp the thought of losing her friend. Suddenly, the ghostly figure of Harmony slipped between Abishia and Arrane, passing through the ivory Stallion with ease. Even though she knew neither of them could see her mother, she cast a nervous glance to the girl who had yet to share her name. Abishia blocked her out, clearing her throat and imagining that she would shoosh the ghostly figure away. The filly shook her head a bit, clearing the thought. She then looked to the girl suddenly, "If you would like to come, then please tell us... "

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered
Midnight Rose's gaze became softer, ever so slighty, at the stallion's gentle voice. "I-I. . .look, I'm sorry I was so harsh to you," the black filly mumbled. "And for lying to you. It's just that. . ." She trailed off. "Your herd really does sound great. And I would come with you if I knew more about you and your herd." Our herd. . . that does sound tempting. . . .our herd. . . .

Midnight stepped into the light, letting the two older horses see her better. Her muscles were strong, and her legs were well-boned; her coat was sleek, but somewhat patchy, due to it being Orangemoon, almost the snowy season. Sticks and leaves were stuck on her; her eyes, so hard and serious, stared into Arrane's. She clearly wasn't submissive, despite their awkward first meeting, with Midnight Rose staring down and mumbling a lot.

As she started to speak, her legs trembled, shaking her whole body. The black filly stopped, then stabled herself. A glow ringed her body, shining brightest around her forehead, where an unicorn horn would usually be, if she was an unicorn. After a few moments, the glow faded to nothing. Midnight's calculating eyes noticed there was some connection, between the two facing her. Her gaze flickered back and forth between them, trying to figure their relationship. "So. Shall we start over?" She asked, her tone cold, and metallic. Then, softer, she added, "I promise I won't act weirdly this time."

Though her tone was light, the still-defensive, and wary filly's dark eyes locked eyes with theirs. Kindess in their eyes. . . .
___
OOC: My last post wasn't very good, sorry. I had to post something! Thanks for joining.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The ebony filly seemed to calm down slightly, dark pools averted to the ground in a sheepish mask. Arrane's velvet lips twitched up in a small grin, looking at the black fae. She seemed regretful by her actions, but now he needed her answer, yes or no. Midnight didn't even have to join him back to the herd, only to come back within the borders of safety. It was all he truly cared about. Audits pricked forwards with curiosity, the ivory stallion awaited the final verdict, but Abishia appeared back on the scene, quiet and quick.

Despite her pools being averted to the ground, shifting about, Arrane saw that her taut muscles bunched up with un-comfortableness, dominating eyes meeting cyan orbs, and a smile played upon his maw. She was a strong girl, stoic with a determined face. Her body trembled, legs shaking as she opened her mouth to begin speaking, but she stopped, trying to control her shaky emotions. A glow radiated around her ebony bodice, the spot in the dead center of her forehead vibrantly shining as if she were a unicorn.

Abishia stood by him as the light finally faded away, leaving the warrior in some state of awe. Wow. "I guess so", chuckling, his pelt prickled with anxiety that the monsters would soon appear. They needed to get out! "It's all okay, you've done nothing wrong", kindred vocals rang out of his ivory figure, watching the girl carefully.

//I've had crappy internet and was in the middle of a move, so I'm really sorry. ^^'

Hidden Account
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

Hell! There isn't time to stand around and chat, we have to go. We can't waste time. Her thoughts where fierce as she stood, waiting for the girl to respond. She dismissed the glow that radiated from her. It wasn't all that impressing, she's seen better. Anxiety pricked at her, and she resisted the urge to yell at the filly, and scare her into following. But She kept quiet until everyone stopped chattering. She didn't care to pick apart their words, her lobes where pressed against the back of her skull defiantly, and her eyes where wide. She nudged Arrane hard, fear over taking her. Abi couldn't stand to be out here any longer. Quietly, she stepped forward, coming close to the girl who seemed very uncomfortable, and anti social. The ebony fae was strong, her heavy weight muscles tense. The patchwork child stared down at her, the difference in age not noticeable. To all who didn't know her well, she looked about five. Her harks where still flattened, but not out of aggressiveness, out of fear. She flicked her maw to the distance, and spoke in a distressed voice. "There's no time for this. We have to go. There is no time to waste." She glanced back at Arrane with a pleading look, instinct threatening to force her to flee. She flexed her muscles, ready to leap into a gallop. This time, she spoke to the boy. "We can't be dawdling! This is life or death! We must evacuate. We have to go. Now! "Her voice was distressed.

Hurriedly, she leapt back, and nudged Arrane hard. She then turned on her heel and broke into a full speed gallop, not waiting to see if they followed. Fear caused adrenaline to rush through her, giving her more energy than ever before. Her orbs where wide, tail and mane streaming behind her. She let out a loud whinny; a signal for them to follow. She loved Arrane like a brother, but she can't risk her life anymore. She is much to young to be decaying into the Earth. Really, she hoped they did follow, but knew she wouldn't stop if they didn't.

@[Midnight Rose]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Unregistered
Midnight Rose cantered after them. "What's the rush?" she called. "There's no danger. . ."

She sensed fear pricking of Abisha's pelt. Her whinny was fear-laced. Her movements were flightly and tensed. Midnight, on the other hoof, was younger, and had less experience in the world, so she was really unsure of this "great danger" the two older horses were talking about. But, what was the point of staying alone? She had been a herd horse most of her life, and being alone just didn't come naturally to her. She felt too exposed, too vulernable, out here.

"Where. . .are. . .we. . .going?" she panted, when she had paused in her galloping. "I. . . don't. . .think. . ." Seeing that the two older horses would probably be annoyed at her interuption, she stopped, and started speeding up again. "Gosh, why do they have to be so awesome?" she muttered sarcastically.

As she ran, she hardly noticed her forehead getting heavier, with a horn protruding from the middle. It slowed her down, but Abisha's fear was contagious: the black filly dared not to slow down. If she did, she'd probably be eaten up, or demolished in some equally guesome manner. She shuddered to think of it.

Her horn bumped into a tree, and she stopped and shook head. Ow. With a gulp, she relalized that her companions were nowhere to be seen. They couldn't of left her! No, she must have been so caught up in her reveries, she must've not noticed her surroundings. Great.

What to do now? Stay her, and spend a night in fear, or keep wandering around, trying to stay alive?

Either way, her options weren't so great.