the Rift

[OPEN] The Fall Of The King
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

I'm breathing in
the chemicals

A demon came to our doorstep, we knew one eventually would. Much like how Jiji had…. They often raped our dreams with teeth slipping from sockets and breathe caking upon raspy tongue (if one was still present by full swing of their disease.) Truthfully I’d not been looking forward to engaging such monstrosities before learning that a cure was readily available. Though, despite our recent heart lifting news delivered from none other than the king of Earth himself; we knew little of our enemy and was thus still at a disadvantage. Their weakness—and strengths. Death seemed to walk as favored friend beside the flanks of each who had been infected—the very air which they consumed was rapidly exhaled as poison by each rasp and snort.

He shrieked down to us, a furious cry that sent a shiver down my spine and gave no direct comfort. Whatever yon creature had been before the illness set in, he no longer was. Other than stating a need to harm brethren and Samaritan alike, they appeared to have interest in little else. I stiffened and followed the trail of warriors and mares who happened to overhear his bellowing. We approached the entrance with an alabaster warrior, who bared his teeth and rasped out brave declaration to defend those within our temporary home.

Rather suddenly a mare broke rank, her head down with adorned weapon pointed toward what remained of the flesh upon his breast. Megaera was quick to follow, directing the flow of attacks with words and motions. I summoned my armor, and piece by piece it slithered apart from the steel casing which enclosed it. Fina roared to life from the den below, her cries echoing from below. “Stay down,” I murmured softly through our bond. Power rose up from within my breast, the voice of magic calling down below to the hardened soil beneath us. Earth shattered apart at the head of yon beast and beyond my kin, a hot wave rose to heaven--threatening to burn those it touched. Sand, golden and deadly rose from the ground. Its shimmering flakes dug out from the pit of earth down below.

“Keep him still!” I shouted, “I’ll fashion a prison around him.” The beginnings of sticky perspiration began to pool upon my brow, ivory feathers rose from my side as I slipped the sand round and round. Faster and faster by the second it spun to capture the beast inside, until a tight circle had formed an impossibly violent sandstorm with enough of a center to hold our wraith. Gold began to slide over the top, coating thickly enough to make a strong barrier. “Get away!” I warned them, struggling to maintain distance for the safety of comrades. Slowly the sphere of spinning sand would be completely enclosed by gold, trapping the individual. All that would remain would be to slide yon globe to the fountain. By now my sides heaved and breath came in quick, little gasps. Armor clanked as I held concentration and shifted my weight back to pull against the sphere.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
The Fall Of The King - by Déodat - 01-23-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Arrane - 01-23-2014, 04:11 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Circuta - 01-23-2014, 05:35 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Megaera - 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Midas - 01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Déodat - 01-24-2014, 03:36 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Arrane - 01-24-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Circuta - 01-26-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Megaera - 01-26-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: The Fall Of The King - by Midas - 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM