the Rift

[OPEN] Barriers of Communication [Hieroglyphs]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

He is relieved when Zarina's angry outburst draws a laugh from the beauty, for though he means nothing by his advances (and doesn't think of the consequences to his potential suitor's pride or happiness in the process), he is rather pleased to have drawn a smile from her. He would never harm his bonded, for she is his light in these dark caverns and has saved him from himself more than once, but of course, the seraph doesn't know that. He does not detect her silent queries, but blusters onward, never stopping to think of how he will be received or remembered. It is very much like the way he acted in Th'orqui, a result of his consistent longing for freedom from the caves. He is restless, and this is his solution, to flirt with an innocent bystander. The fact that she seems to be of his station only increases his interest, all the while infuriating his companion, who has not seemed to grasp the concept of flirting for fun and loving for life.

Still, she falls to a satisfactory quiet as a newcomer enters the scene, a lone unicorn with excitement in her vocals as she interrupts their little game. He does not know if they will ever continue, or when, but he does know that he would like to know more of her past. His acquaintance with royalty has been achingly limited in Helovia, and to find one that speaks his language is a joyful novelty. I do not want her, he tells Zarina silently. But she is like me. Don't be so dramatic. The marmoset sits up, regards him with disapproval, but nods. "As you wish," she tells him with a mental sigh, casting one more anxious glance to the beauty before turning her attention, and thus her prince's, to the newcomer.

The girl is grey and white, though the glow of the caverns paints her a light sea-green; her crown is adorned with a twisted horn, and her nape with a woven pouch carrying a small egg. He is reminded of finding Zarina, and he smiles at the memory. The newcomer is younger than he and Cealestis, and shorter, too. She has a certain youthful charm about her, though beside the seraph that has drawn his attention, she falls short. He does not care that she is only a unicorn, nor does he care about her looks, for she has drawn their attention to the pictographs featured throughout the caves, a subject that he has taken into his own hooves of late. Cealestis looks to him for agreement, and again he feels that strange connection, as though he shares something with her that he can share with no one else.

"I would, m'lady," he agrees with a smile, his vocals more welcoming than the beauty's. "Where I come from, we used such mechanisms to record our history, keep track of inventories, that sort of thing. It's very useful." He pauses, thinking over his time in the caves. "There is another room, the Wall of History - there are wonderful pictographs there accompanied by runes, which I presume tells of the creation of this land. These are for other purposes, but are no doubt useful, once transcribed." His enthusiasm begins to show, his auds pricked forward and his eyes alight. He looks from one to the other, hoping that they might add to his little speech, might provide some new information for his analysis. "So sorry, but I'm afraid I didn't catch your name, miss?" he inquires, remembering his manners at last.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barriers of Communication [Hieroglyphs] - by Quilyan - 02-18-2014, 07:56 PM