the Rift

[OPEN] Can Miles Truly Seperate?

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The Sanctuary is getting more crowded with every sunrise. More panicked and frightened souls come in and out. The large room is getting more and more cramped, but thanks gods there are other caverns. Bored by the every day occurrences, the girl walk out of the Sanctuary, and down a path into another underground mystery. Here, the walls glow with a light source that is unknown to Abishia, and most likely, all of the other creatures that now thrive in this underground region. She steps into the room, feeling more alive than she has in days. Her orbs are wide, dual colored pools taking in the beautiful scenery. Under her dainty hooves if a soft plush, mossy or grassy, she doesn't know which. Around her, the walls glow, and odd trees covered in mushrooms grow. The little fungi themselves seem to be lit with the same glow. The filly's lips curl into a joyous smile as she lowers her dome to the ground, it's sweet aroma filling her nostrils. She caresses the soft grasses with her peach-fuzz maw, giggling all the while. Carefully, she takes a few bites, closing her pools as she chews. Satisfaction is scent tingling throughout her. After a few bites, she lets out a content sigh, walking to the back of the glowing cavern to explore a bit more. After a few strides, she is greeted by a waterfall, shimmering with a crisp scent. A river flows away from it, winding among the odd trees and plant life. It was quite a beautiful place, sparkling with a new light, bountiful and vast. Starting to hum, Abishia reaches down to take a small gulp of the crisp water.

Happy with her findings, she walked back to the far left of the cave, finding a soft moss area to lay her precious dome. With a smile and a little groan, she is sprawled out on her side. Bathed in the glow and smeared with happiness, it seems as if nothing could even try and dampen her now. She closes her orbs again, and embraces the feeling of finally being content with herself and her surroundings. She doesn't wish to sleep; just rest... The silent girl hums an unknown melody, not knowing what it is she should do next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Abi Talk!"

{For Abi and @[Solace] to meet! }

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Lothíriel Posts: 37
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hands :: 4 years of age HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Thingol :: Raven :: None krazie
please shoo me away if this is supposed to be private. D:

she may contain the urge to run away
but hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks

Half nymph and half goddess, the blossom child, newly raimented in silver which shimmered in the low light, found herself in a warm dusk lit by tiny glowing things. Every step heralded a knot of luminescent petals; her wake was seen from afar as a luminous path, winding its way through the darkness in wide, whimsical curves. Phosphorescent flowers lit her brow and twined around her pearl horn like a fairy's crown, glittering in her big, white-lashed eyes like distant stars. She reveled in this strange, ethereal place, where her cloven hooves were met with gentle, damp moss, and strings of radiant flora lit the darkness like swirling nebulae; little bright beacons in a world of purloined of all light. Mother had told her of a time, shortly before her birth, when the sun laid below the horizon for months and months—the only things that broke the silence were starlight-lamps and later on, the gentle glow of the moon. Lothíriel pirouetted gracefully on her overlong limbs, laughing quietly as the moss squelched underfoot. She would not mind living in a place like this at all, where sun nor moon dare peek their faces, and the darkness was tamed by gentle glowing things. Like a goddess of starlit nights, she could roam the eventide, followed by a retinue of dimly glowing flora.

Continuing on through the tenebrous room, laughter fading in her mouth, she found herself at the lip of a rippling pool, pale glistening water pouring into a spray of white mist. Foam clung to her sleek coat, interrupting the monotonous argent of her fur like little stars. She let humid air into eager lungs, relishing the clean smell of the cool water; it reminded her of home, of safe places, where she could frolic and roam for hours until the distant call of Mother's voice bade her back, where the shimmering aurora danced across moonlit skies. Florid eyes fell upon a girl in the water framed by glowing flowers; a beautiful face marred only by mismatched nostrils and too-long eyelashes which bordered queerly colored irises, vibrant magenta confined in a rim of lilac, like a garden caught in glass.

Turning away from the water, Lothíriel gazed over this new home of her's, far away from a bereft home and grim reality. The fairy wound her way through the vegetation, a solemn expression on her youthful face, seeming almost ethereal in the diffused light and austere face. A melody, made eerie by its echoes, drifted through the cavern; she paused, head held high in rapt attention, ears flicking to and fro as they studied the distant song. Stormborn did not know what to make of it: was it an enemy, a half-dead wraith, singing prettily to lure her to a grisly demise? Mother warned her of these shades, beasts loyal only to the darkness which spawned them. Mismatched nostrils flared with keen suspicion—she must stand her ground, for there was no-one else to, and she was too perilously close to escape. Summoning all the courage endowed to her by the blood of the Cunning, the girl moved warily to the source of the humming, baring her half-grown horn as if it was her father's blue-lacquered rapier.

The sound grew louder and nearer until she nearly stumbled over a prone form, barely lit by the cosmos of flowers. Alarm played in bowerbird eyes, and she half expected a monstrous thing to rise up and take her, but upon a second glance, it was only an apparently sleeping patchwork girl, barely older than herself. Equine, she thought, slowly moving backwards, cleft hooves muffled by the humid moss, in the case it would attack her anyway. Pity blossomed in her chest like so many flowers which played by her feet and and tumbled through her hair; the hornless often elicited a queer mixture of clemency and repulsion from her, as if they were poor, witless animals doomed to live and die without any trace of greatness. Should she interrupt the repose of this mismatched creature and risk possible confrontation? The tip of her lion's tail thrummed uncertainly over her ankles as she wondered what to do.

""

annarey-stock-art | breathless-dk | confussed-stock | frozenstocks | hobbitpunk

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Darkness loomed in Helovia. It tainted the inhabitants and turned them into monsters. Or so he had heard from the others as they fled from their home and hid in this pit. Solace wasn’t used to be forced into a single place. Even if the cave was vast and there were rooms to explore, there was only so much variety in the walls of a cave. On the bright side, if the mason was ever needed, there was stone all around him that could be cut and used for tasks to aid his beloved family. Tragedy always seemed to strike when they were reaching any hope of coming out of the vulnerability that hit them.

Anxiety seized hold of his heart and mind. As he wandered through the darkness, Solace was beginning to feel like the tunnel around him was going to close in and crush him. Would he ever have a break from the darkness of this labyrinth? The typically serene stallion wanted to give out a shout of frustration and give into the partial madness that wanted to seize hold of him. “Deep breaths Sol, deep breaths,” he said to himself under his breath. “Don’t give into the despair.” He said to himself. There was only one thing he could do to seize hold of his mind and that was simply sing away his troubles. “When in the springtime of the year, when the trees are crowned with leaves, when the ash and oak, and the birch and yew are dressed in ribbons fair.” “We've been rambling all the night and sometime of this day. Now returning back again we bring a garland gay.”

The mason stopped after finished that verse as he walked into a new portion of the sanctuary. His mouth dropped as he looked about the lovely room. “I think I’ve found a place to stay.” He muttered to himself. It lacked the beauty of the Foothills, but it at the very least reminded him of the plant life above, and he enjoyed the soft ground beneath him. All that anxiety that had been weighing him down was forgotten for the time being as he began to examine the room.

After spending several minutes walking about and looking at the trees and thin, he finally decided to dine a bit on grass. Out of the corner of his eye he could see two figures off in the distance. Slowly he raised his head and looked over at the scene. It appeared as though one foal was sleeping and the other stood over her. When he saw the horn upon the standing child’s head a bit of concern swelled up inside. Could it be a malicious unicorn from the north? Had they managed to make their way into the caverns?

Solace decided as a precaution to examine the situation. He moved with no rush and stopped behind the filly draped in flowers, he lowered his head toward her ear and whispered, “It might be best to simply let her sleep.”

[@[Abishia] @[Lothíriel] Please let me know if you wish to be tagged or not. You don't have to tag me.]

Image Credits

Hidden Account
Wild.

Abishia woke with a start, the feeling of other's looming over her made her uncomfortable. She shifted in the soft moss and opened her orbs to the sound of a voice. When she looked up, she jumped a bit, finding not one, but two creatures looming over her. The patchwork girl quickly got to her knees, then to her sturdy clefts. Small patches of moss became entwined in her wavy locks, but the girl didn't bother to shake them out. She looked at the two, and let a little smile dance onto her pale lips. Before her was a hairy but handsome, green tinted Stallion, and a beautiful horned girl cloaked with flowers. Her light charcoal coat seemed to shimmer in the suddle light that illuminated the beautiful room. She was crowned with a beautifully horn... The filly lowered her orbs and dipped her head to her and then the Stallion. She addressed the horned one politely, "Greetings, beautiful miss. Pleasure to meet you princess. " She smiled lightly then turned to the tinted Stallion and smiled, "Sir, pleasure to meet you also. I apologize for my start, I didn't know I was being watched. " She laughed lightly, the sound seeming to echo oddly in the somewhat empty room that was full of life. The soft grass tickled her cornet band, and Abi couldn't help but smile wider. She then spoke again, addressing both of them at once. " I am Abishia. What may I call you?" She cocked her head to the right, her long forelock sliding and bumping against her right hark. It slipped along the ground, the pieces of moss easily visible.

She looked over the girl. She was tall, with long legs like herself. But damn, was this filly was the definition of beauty. She had unusual, long lashes, a beautifully shiny coat, and little flowers that complemented her assets. She then let her orbs flow over the Stallion, he wasn't as striking as the mare, but the green tints that decorated him gave him a unique look. They both where a pleasure to look at, which made Abishia wonder if she looked beautiful to them. Self consciously, she shifted her weight, cocking her hind leg. Smiling, she waited for a response.

"Abi Talk!"

{ It would help if you could tag me since I always manage to get bogged down with responses (: Sorry for taking so dang long with this by the way! }
@[Lothíriel] <--- Your writing is so fantastic 0.0

Credits

lines

you are too kind!!

and no need to tag me unless i take forever to reply! :)

So intently the blossom girl pondered her options, she took no note of the green-maned soldier until his warm breath took wing and unfurled over the soft velvet of her earlobe. It might be best to simply let her sleep, the little bird said; Lothíriel twisted her face backward incredulously, skin crawling as she studied the hornless before her. Eyes narrowed with childlike bravado—who was he to tell her what to do? Before she could voice her abjection, however, the patched thing stirred in her mossy nest. Flower cloaked child glanced in that direction, resting upon delicately dished features and earth-colored eyes. This painted girl was certainly not ugly for a hornless—she lacked the cumbersome body of the grey intruder, but was want of a proper horn in order to be anything above average. The girl tilted her head curiously, as if studying an artifact from a long bygone civilization. Unicorns were the crowned regents of all creatures, large and small, and the hornless (winged and bare) were made to be their servants, catalysts for war and unrest and fit to be shunned and destroyed—at least that was what she had heard, spoken fiercely underbreath by herdmates; words refuted incredulously by Mother. Dark ears tilted backward with dismay, unable to decide whether it was all true; she certainly felt resplendent—could Cinnoru's garlanded daughter feel any other way? Did these equines feel the same way about their blood, plain as it might be? They certainly did not wear crowns on their brows, nor cloven feet nor lion's tails.

The painted girl smiled shyly and dipped her head to both of them—first to Lothíriel and then to the yet unnamed equine. Greetings, beautiful miss. Pleasure to meet you princess, she said; the white maned girl tossed her head upward, eyes flashing with uncertainy. Was this stranger aware of her monarchical roots, grounded in dead Isilme, land of shadows? Of her father, lord of the unicorns, or her mother, mouthpiece to the Lightning God? Lothíriel did nothing more than curve her lips upward politely, brows furrowing—how would a Queen in disguise act, after being recognized by plebians? Mother would have smiled and made refuting noises (I am but flesh and bone, she would have said), but she was no Queen; Father would have stared at them glacially, his bright eyes flashing with reproach—but he was no Queen, but a King. Lothíriel must take it upon herself to bear the cross of sovereignty in this family.

She called herself Abishia and called for their names; the prodigal daughter paused, awaiting for the warrior's response before exchanging her own titles. A readied breath clung to the back of her mouth, full of gradiose words and sweeping claims to royalty. But, after all, wasn't she a Princess, and weren't they her Dominion, as the hornless of this world? "Lothíriel Stormborn, daughter of the Reaper, son of the Firesword, heiress of Cinnoru," the words seemed odd on a child's tongue; a magnanimous claim when paired with too-big ears and a bottlebrush tail, but there was an adult severity on her face which brought earnestness to this allegation. This was the first time she had addressed herself in any way other than the name her father gave her. A proper Queen (or at least a Princess, or at least a distant heiress to some dead deity) was deserving of a few titles, and all of Mother's and Father's stories made her pine for a bit of royalty in her own life.

Forgetting their hornlessness for a moment, Lothíriel watched both of them brightly, regaining her childlike whimsy after a moment of solenity. "Why are we here?" she whispered conspiratorially, florid eyes shifting between them slyly. "Mother told me only that there's danger up there," she wagged her horn towards the cavernous, star-studded ceiling, "but she didn't say anything else." This entire situation was hush-hush, and the Princess demanded answers.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The flower child whipped around looking at him, and Solace for a brief moment felt a bit bad for potentially starting the child. Shortly after the painted girl awoke and he noted the way she jumped. Solace lifted his head and looked over at the fellow equine with ears perked forward. As she dipped her head, the draft returned the gesture and offered a good natured smile. First the crowned filly was addressed by the painted child, and he was rather bewildered by the nature of the greeting. Princess? Obviously these two weren’t of acquaintance based upon the filly’s response, yet she still addressed the girl draped in flora as some kind of noble blood. Then he himself was greeted and he waited for the girl’s name before offering his own. “I am Solace, mason of the Foothills.” Perhaps it was bold of him to make such statement when he had never officially earned the title from his leaders, but the draft had his gifts since tallsun and even presented them before the Merciful. In the end, the stallion found it would be acceptable for him to throw around such a title when by the magic gifted to him granted him such.

As the flower girl introduced herself, Solace lifted his brow at her words. Abishia appeared be pleasant, while the other girl, with a name as exotic as her appearance, left the mason feeling wary. “It is a pleasure to meet you as well Lothíriel.” Finally the stallion adjusted his placement so then he stood left of Lothíriel not wishing to make the girl uncomfortable. Conversation was a pleasant distraction from all the previous anxieties that had been weighing in the back of his mind and binding his heart. For the time being the evils that lay outside could be forgotten, or so he hoped until the Stormborn brought up the subject.

Solace was hesitant to relay such information for he knew the mother very well could be withholding such knowledge from her child for a reason. Ignorance was bliss and both girls deserved to view the time within the caverns as an adventure, not as a time of hiding and fear. “I cannot tell you much,” Solace admitted, “All I know is that there is something infecting the individuals of Helovia, and my family fled our lands to seek shelter here.” A sigh passed from his lips. Could he really never be able to escape the heavy thoughts of the evil outside?

@[Abishia]

Hidden Account
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

An irritation for the girl started to grow in her. The way that she threw around large words, most likely not knowing what any of their definitions where. But she kept this feelings to herself, and remembered that the filly may be much younger than her, she was horned. She had something that Abi didn't... No, she had what Abishia had wanted her entire existence. Stormborn? Oh, who gives a shit. She yelled to herself, but the vulgar language and feelings where kept to herself. She was determined to not show her true self, but be the charming filly that was simply a mask for her true personality. No one had an idea of what the real Abishia was like. All they new was the bright girl she pretended to be, and her contagious smile that was oh so believable, but surprisingly, fake. She wasn't the happy filly. She was the sad one, that wished and dreamed for something she could never have. Something she wasn't meant to have, but wanted with all her heart. A horn. A horn... That is all she had ever wanted in her life. Most likely, her wish would never be granted, and the little girl would live in despair.

She turned to the Stallion who declared himself as Solace, a mason of the Foothills. She smiled wide, knowing that this brute would soon be her herd mate. He seemed interesting, and she was eager to speak with him and get to know him better. She nodded to him when he was finished speaking, and leaned in when he started to speak of the 'darkness'. Abi shivered, knowing very well what was just behind the entrance to Helovia. Last time she had visited the surface, the mare that she used to look up to, and was friends with, Illynx, had tried to infect her. A long sigh escaped her lips, knowing he was sugarcoating the conversation. The little girl who called herself an odd and exotic name, was much to young to be informed about the death, the infections, and the disgusting, rotted, flesh eating beasts that roamed around Helovia now, drooling for flesh and waiting around every corner. The girl that was covered in flowers was lovely, yes, but Abishia seemed to have a growing dislike for her. But, she did not portray this in her actions or body language. Changing the subject quickly, Abishia started to speak, choosing to ignore the filly's introduction.

"I am expecting to become part of the Foothills soon, Solace. Hopefully we will be herd mates soon!" She spoke in a soft voice, her odd accent thick but pleasant. A question still lurked in her mind, and since all was becoming quiet, she spoke again. "A mason you say? I have never heard of such a thing... Mind telling me about it? " She smiled sweetly, looking over to him with large, dual colored pools.

@[Lothíriel] tagging you in case this got buried!
ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

whoops sorry for the wait

Were the skulls of the hornless as bare as their faces? Lothíriel watched the two before her with innocent intent, attempting to extract some kind of meaning from the shuffling of their dull, blunt hooves and the glimmering of the strange light over the curves of their eyes. Abishia and Solace were their names, as strange and plain and beautiful as their anomalous exteriors. They reminded her of the dark stallion that had intruded into her home long ago; he was also as deformed as they. Were equines mutated unicorns, smited by some angry god to be bare-headed and simple minded? Father had stricken down the intruder, and with Arah's help, they had dragged his listless body away, like an impractical sack. Was that what they were, what they deserved? That equine had done nothing wrong; his only fault was overstepping the Basin's border, but Lothíriel had a feeling that it was not what he did, that made him merit the fate he had suffered, but what he was. If her father, Lord of the Basin, decided that such a fate was necessary for this strange populace, then so be it.

Through growing ambiguity, the blossom child offered the hulking stallion a polite smile to his kind words. They were not unkind, these strange creatures, if a little offbeat, and under this splendid light everything was wondrous and magical to the silver girl. Intently, she listened to the Mason's words, both unsatisfied and pleased with the answer he gave her. Infection, fleeing—all grim, gruesome words; Lothíriel felt the spark of curiosity seeded in her heart like some ugly weed. Fear and fearlessness mingled in the back of her mind like dueling swords. Why and how and by what and where were they infected? Before she could voice any more questions, Abishia abruptly changed the subject, leaving a trace of indignity stewing in the back of the anthousai's throat like bile. Trivial banter filled her ears—of herds and masons and questions which skirted the obvious, but another kind of curiosity taunted the girl; if they both lacked a horn, did their entire herd? The Basin was a haven for unicorns; were the Foothills one for those less fortunate?

"Are they all hornless in the Foothills?" the nymphet blurted aloud, naïve and genuinely wondering. Her lion's tail gave a vague flick, brushing the soft, moist moss below.

Hidden Account
Wild.
An inncent voice reached her harks, and she whipped her large dome in the directionof the simple minded filly. Her words were simple yes, but they aggravated AAbishia to a whole new level. The patchwork child wasn't usually these way to the crowned, she is usually respectful and curtious, but today... No. She was fuming. The words set her off, and she glared at the filly with her lobes pressed to the back of her dome. Is this child so influenced by the horned ones around her that she can't even speak properly to a hornless? I know I'm hornless. That doesn't mean she has the right to be so damn stupid about everything. She snorted and flicked her maw in the direction before turning her dome to lock eyes with Solace. Taking a deep breath, she attempted to let her thoughts boils down, but it only fueled the fire. She took two steps forward, coming very close to the smaller child. Since Abishia stood at about 16 hands, she loomed over then younger mare, her eyes blaring with fury. She had no intentions to hurt her, only to give her a stern talking to.

" Look, kid. It's obvious you don't understand life . It's not all about you and your horn. There are others that are horned and don't live in the Basin. It's ridiculous! Don't look down on me because I'm bare. I'm not lesser than you. " She lied to herself. She knew that she was much lesser than the horned ones. The child was bare, and nothing in her own eyes. Abi took a few steps back and turned around, shaking her dome. Tears threatened to push from their strong barrier, to flood over and portray her envy. She took a quick glance at Solace and mouthed a small sorry, knowing what she did was pushing it. She was sick of being judged by her bare forehead. No one knows how bad she yearns for something that would make her a tiny bit special. She looked back at the little girl, then turned around to adress her. Her voice was softer now, but she was still on edge about the whole situation. " Look, I'm sorry. " She sighed deeply, her eyes darting around the stone room dotted with mysteriously glowing lights. She closed her orbs tight. " I just want a horn... She snapped her mouth shut, and staggered back shaking her dome. No... I didn't just say that...

lines