the Rift

[OPEN] Like A Bear In A Beehive

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

This whole let's-seek-rescue-under-the-earth-and-wait-for-a-miracle-to-happen-thing did not work for me. I've said it before and I say it again: this sucks.

Therefore I decided to to explore the caves some more, in hope that it existed a quiet place where I can plot what to do next. And soon, it felt like I was a young filly again, walking in the sunken city of Odol-Hiria. I'd been quite the explorer when I was younger, always finding new halls and passages where no one had been for a long time. And I used to tak pride in that. What happened?

I gave my head a shake as I got back to myself. Keep the focuse, Quinn. You never know what you can find down here. And guess what I found? Sand. The hard stone floor had been replaced by soft, glittering sand. A smile ran across my white face as I wanted to bask in it. I did not of course, for as I looked at where I was going, I saw only darkness.

My ears searched for any sound of life as I walked closer to the wall, always letting my shoulder touch it. I did not fear the darkness, only what dwelled in it. There was a curve I followed as the dark almost swallowed me and made my eyes useless. I could still see the wall and where I put my hooves, but little more.

Suddenly I saw something in the corner of my eye that made the blood in my veins freeze. A bear. A fucking black bear. I stopped, unable to move as my heart raced. Did it sleep? Was it..alive?

I had nothing to fear though, for the smell instantly told me it was dead. And for a long time. I let out a breath and smiled. You stupid mare. Did you really think a bear could survive down here? I left the little security I had by the wall and walked the few steps to the cadaver. It looked like it had been huge when it was alive and after some poking around with my horn, I found out that all that remained of the animal, was it's hide.

Well, this suited me just fine, since I could no longer ignore the cold that crept from above. With some difficulty, I got the dead bear over my body and with a shake, the bear's head rested upon mine. This was awesome! It was warm, cosy and a little smelly, but that I could live with. Now I just had to find the exit of this place, for it was not in my plan to wander around in here till I died of starvation or thirst. And where the hell was the walls?!

OOC: Anyone welcome! :D

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

So much had changed since the gentle giant had entered Helovia. A darkness swept over the lands, swallowing everything in its path. Apart from the caves. For some reason something blocked the ever growing mist to enter. Almost like a sacred tomb, the stones used to build such a place, designed to barricade from evil.
The cave system was large, but there were so many down here it felt too crowed for the giant. He'd gone out and seeked a place of refuse,a place where no others would tred. A dark corner of the caverns. The walls though so close they occasionally brushed up against his sides, his horns too long they clipped the ceiling. Sometimes having such height and a weapon so long was not as great as it seemed. Some places the beast almost became stuck, like a cork in a bottle, wedged with only one way to go. Back out the same way. But the guy managed to go on-wards, even in the dark, he found his way, the walls acting like a guide pushing him forwards, until the whole thing opened out in front of him. The feeling of being cramped no longer there. And in glee the beast stretched out his neck as far as he could, a gentle smile played upon his lips.
This place he could happily call home for now, until the dark vanished from the lands above. The sand was now nothing new to him, he had learnt about it, become familiar with its company. Walking upon it no longer an issue for the large beast.
He knew that not many came down here for the smell of others was weaker than the rest of the caverns. In harmony the beast found a place to lay, the soft substrate was cold, no sun to shine down here, it was like that of the colder temperatures he had come from. Slowly he went down, front legs first, then with a large thud his back end followed with a lot less grace than his front, sand dispersed out from under him, creating almost a crater for where he lay. tucking his head inwards, his tail flicked round and covered his eyes. The beast became still, a rock to those that past, but his horns still stuck outwards in silence, a danger to anyone that passed without knowing. Easily speared or tripped. Just a hairy mound of hugeness, the beast fell asleep.

speaking

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

This was not funny anymore. I was warm yes, but still lost. One thing I had learned abou walking in the dark, especially in a cave, was that I should not begin to walk until I knew where the entrance was. I stod my ground, trying to find a light breeze in the air, but there was nothing. Just my luck, eh?

So, when the air did not help me, I tried sound. To talk would not help, as the words would just bounce off the walls and make it harder to hear where it came from. So I growled. Well, not really. It wasn't a growl you would hear from a bear, but more like a deep sound at the back of my throat. I did it to all four directions, until I realized that I had been so, so stupid.

I had forgotten that the floor was cowered in sand. All I had to do was follow the marks left by my hooves and I would find my way out. "You stupid mare.." I laughed at myself as I began to follow the little holes in the sand back to the wall. Wait a minute.. Did I see another bear laying not far from me or was it something else?

With my head streched forward, I closed in the little gap between me and the bast, while my nostrils tried to find the answer. No, it was a horse. A HUGE one, but still a horse. Was it alive? I thought about the risk if I woke it up, but I could not help myself. "Hello? Are you alive?"

The time in the caves must have made me more stupid, I realize that now. Or maybe it was something in me that wanted to forget all I have learned, just so I can start afresh. Whatever it was, I had changed, and not for the better. I lowered my head, totally forgetting that I had the dead bear over me. It must be scary, to wake up and look straight into the face of an animal that eats horses for breakfast.

@[Beowulf] :)

BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

The beast had not been asleep for long, barely a decent nap for such a large boy. But something disturbed him and naturally he woke, an instinct alerting him to danger. But as the beast stired slowly, waking as if he had been deep asleep. His tail fell from his face, revealing one large orange orb and instantly he became confused, for what was looking down at him was not at all equine looking. It had four eyes, not two, though it reaked purely of unicorn. When he breathed a second time, the beast picked up on something else, something not at all of the same race as the two. Rotting flesh. But why was it so strong now?
Voice deep it echoed through the entire cave system with ease. "Have you never been told, not to poke the beast that sleeps?" Though his words could have been mean, the Beast's tone was simple, calm and had zero edge to it. It was just a mere statement, no emotion ran through his vocals. But because his voice was so deep, others may have taken it as something rather frightening. Though to him, he was being kind.
At that he unwound himself, carefully with an exact presion, the beast rose to his cloven hooves. He struggled slightly, his huge mass was just a little too much to get up of the ground with, though his legs were solid and with a final push, he was stood upon all four hooves. Now towering over the one that had stood over him in rest. "What brings you to wake me? And what is that god awful smell?" He may have liked the seclusion, but now he was confused beyond all hopes. Without such sight he did not understand why this certain one was..different, but exactly the same all the while. He may not have been that much taller than the Other, but it was enough to make him come across as daunting, puting fear into others that he did not even realise he did. Beowulf was not the kind to attack, he was kind natured and rather polite for his size. Perhaps his looks where just a way of throwing of others not to attack him.
"I am Beowulf" He introduced himself with a grace and polite manor.

@[Quinn]
speaking

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

Oh god, the beast was alive. As soon as it moved, I took a few steps back, both to allow it some space and to shelter myself from it's horns."I didn't poke, I spoke. It's a huge difference between those two things." That was my answer to the first question the thing said and as he rose, I saw that he was a horse, auni, just like me.

Wow, he was massive and as he regained his height, I looked like a doll. And his voice, don't get me started on his voice. It was like a drum against the walls and I could do nothing more than give him a smile as I answered his second question. "I thought you were dead, and that smell is from this hide I found. I don't know how long the bear has been dead, but I know it's long enough."

With a massive shake of my body, the bear began to slide and with a 'thump', it landed in the sand. And there I was, in all my glory and..wow..that smell was really awful. As I threw a glance back at my body, some remnants of dried, rotten flesh, clung to me. That was nasty, even for me.

I suddenly felt sick for having had that thing over me, no matter how warm and cosy it was. But, as conversations go, I soon had to focus on the beast that shared his name. "Beowulf? Wow, that name suits you! I'm Quinn and I usually don't walk around with a dead bear over my shoulders."

@[Beowulf]

BEOWULF
</style>

He chuckled softly, such a strange thing to see on someone so large. It too echoed through the caves, deep just like his voice. Though at the same time, still held a tinkle to it. "I was simply resting. And i believe,it had been dead for at least two weeks now. That stench is utterly revolting" He pulled back from the one stood in front of him, enhancing his words with more meaning. Backing away from the smell as such. How anyone could wear such a thing so disgusting was beyond his knowing. Perhaps he should show them how to clean a hide..? Though he himself had only been shown how to do such a craft, never had he managed one himself. Maybe someone else could help them instead, possibly for the best.

"Perhaps you should go bathe. You don't want to be walking around and having that stench follow you everywhere. It may attract the wrong attention" His tone was flat, barely any difference to each word he spoke. He was genuinely being kind. He stretched himself out, feeling stiff already from laying upon the cold ground. Now a dish like hole in the sand from whence he'd lay.

So Quinn was the one stood in front of him, yet again, they made him laugh. Of course Beowulf suited him, it was his name after all. Just like Quinn seemed a fitting name for them. "I should hope not too, might bring some attention you dont want." he leaned in and acted as if someone else was about to hear them and the beast tried a whisper. "You might attract a bear" he smirked to himself. What a funny thing that would turn out to be. A Unicorn mated by a bear, what would come of it? He then wondered why he was particularly more hairy than others. Why was he so? what made his genes so different, the hair on his neck grew very much differently. Perhaps a mutation.

The Beast then became silent, standing quietly as he became lost inside his mind, looking around out of habit more than use in this situation. But the darkness seemed to have a different effect upon him. A confidence boost in a way.

@[Quinn]
speaking

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

This whole get-lost-thing had turned out to be a quite funny event, especially when I had bumped into Beowulf. We could not be more different, me and him. I was slender with short fur, weird looking horns and just a short tail. He on the other hand, was a brute, a lion that could easily take me down if he wanted to. And he was funny too, I liked that.

When he told me I needed a bath, I nodded my head. "I agree." And when he got even closer to me, to whisper that I might attract a bear, I could not hold my laughter back. "You don't seem like the kind that have a problem with fighting bears."

You may think that water works best for a bath, but where I come from, we bathe in sand. Sand makes the smell go away and work like scrub on your body. I thought about taking the bath later, but I knew the smell tormented him, so I just lay down where I was.

Ahh, the sand. I've missed it more than I like to confess. It was obvious on my white face as I rubbed myself in it, as a big smile appeared, even if the sand was a little bit too cold for my taste. "So, where are you from, Beowulf?" I asked it as I went on my back, with all my four legs up in the air. "Do you come from a cold place?"

When I was finished with my little bath, I got on my feet and gave my body a real shake. The smell was gone, as was the bits and piece of the bear. My body now shined in the dim light and I was even more happy. What a weird day this was indeed.

@[Beowulf]

BEOWULF
</style>

"You don't seem like the kind that have a problem with fighting bears." The Beast knew then that this one did not know him at all. For he would never fight, not even a bear. He knew how to keep his distance from such creatures, to live in harmony with predators. Though perhaps his size had a reason for that also. Bears are smarter than given credit and would not fight with something so much bigger than themselves, also they were too lazy to drag prey down. They either choose fish or the leavings on an others kill.
"I do not fight" he put it out there simply, possibly a bad idea too, what if there was something waiting in the darkness, they now knew he did not fight, an easy meal fit for a king. Something about this horse just helped him relax and he felt himself for the first time since arriving.

The beast almost fell over backwards when they went down into the sand. He had no idea what they were up to, or why this was happening so suddenly. The beast just stood there dumbfounded and feel rather awkward. what was one to do in a situation like this. he didn't even understand why Quinn was rolling in the sand. What even was going on here.
So when they began to talk, he felt even more awkward. But his ethics were telling him to reply, otherwise it was rude. "I do indeed come from a cold place. It's always covered in snow. Mostly covered by mountains and rocky pathways. It is rather a spectacular place in all honesty. So your possibly wondering why I left right? Talking about his home made him feel somewhat home sick, the caves felt too enclosed, the air was becoming thinner. He needed to get to the surface and feel the fresh air tangle with the thick mane upon his neck. To feel the snow beneath his cloven feet.
"I must go" he stated and turned to head back out. If they so choose to follow he would not mind at all.

@[Quinn]
speaking

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

A beast that did not fight. I had always believed that everyone fought sooner or later, but this brute? No. It's almost ironic. Here I was, a mare, brought up as a warrior in every way, and yes, I had tasted my share of victory. And then there was Beowulf. If he got in a fight, he would win it withing seconds. It's almost too bad that he did not use his potential.

Even though I had loads of questions, I found out that it was better to keep them to myself. He didnt come across as someone who is used to small talk, and therefore, I should respect that. As he told me about his birthplace, I began to cover the hide in sand. I had a good memory, so I would come back here, to claim what was rightfully mine (when the smell was gone of course). He told me about snow, which I did not care much for, but I nodded.

"I don't wonder why you left. We all have reasons, big or small." I smiled and cocked my head. He wanted to leave, which suited me fine. "I'll go with you, if you don't mind. This darkness and air makes my head spin." Before I followed, I threw a glance back at the bear hide, to ensure that it was well hidden from others.

I caught up with him a few seconds later and kept myself at the end of our little group. "The place you come from, sounds beautiful. I've never spent much time in the snow, since I get cold very easily" I let out a giggle when I thought of myself frozen in an icecube. "I guess thats what you get when you are born in a desert, where the sun never allows snow."

@[Beowulf]

BEOWULF
</style>

"I don't wonder why you left. We all have reasons, big or small." "Touche my friend, Touche" The beast walked on, easily finding an entrance, or exit for the matter. Quin was right, the air was growing ever thinner, perhaps his large lungs were draining the place of all its oxygen. It would not be safe to stay here much longer, with not even an air flow to refresh the toxins out. They had to move closer to the entrance of the cave systems, where a fresh wave of air would enter with ease. Though that meant running into others along the way. That he was not so keen on, even if he wanted to make friends, his large size never made that easy for himself.

The beast did not bother to look back, he new Quinn would follow, for they had aforementioned themselves. He just looked forward letting the dark guide him on wards. Quinn's voice broke through the silence; that had lasted no longer than a few seconds, but for once the Beast felt content with his company, Quinn was not put off by his size, which in return made him feel oddly comfortable around them, whether or not he knew them very well. Perhaps this was just the beginning of a new friendship. "Well you are not well equipped for such cold temperatures now are we?" The Beast chuckled softly; as well as he could, though his laugh boomed through the tunnel, bouncing of the sides and creating a near everlasting echo. "Indeed it must be. I on the other hand would not dwell at all under the heat of the sun in such a dry place. The snow is my home and also the reason for why my kind has gathered so much more hair than the norm." He spoke so formally, not at all childish, but then it matched his size in all retrospect, for him to have a childish way would simply be a laughing matter.
The beast traveled on wards, again in places the walls had caved in closer, his side's brushed up against the hard rock, but he was not at all bothered by this, so used to living in a rocky tundra, it wasn't anything new to him, nor where the grazes it would create. They would heal in their own time, luckily he was not in his full winter coat as he'd have the most annoying bald patches and that would just make the Beast grumpy. For he did not like imperfections, especially with his hair.
"Tell me Quinn. What are the deserts like? I have never seen such a place, for I have only seen snow. And I came here to learn of such other places. Please, enlighten me with your knowledge"

@[Quinn]
"Speech"

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

With a feeling of newfound friendship, I followed the best through the darkness, even when the walls closed in. I could not imagine how it must feel like to be his size and be forced to live underground. I was well equipped for it, for I was long and sleek and I've spent most of my years in tunnells just like this.

"No, I am not." I answered with a smile. "But I have spent most of my life in caves. It's where I was born and started my training to become a Hiria. I didn't see the sun until I was almost two years old." Those days seemed like a lifetime ago and as I looked around, I should get homesick. I did not. My fillyhood was hard, and I was often teased because I was born a mare and not a stallion. But I'd proven myself to them, time after time, and one day, they stopped.

I wondered what they would think of me now, cowering in a cave with hundreds of others that I did not share my blood nor legacy with. Orvos would have a fit and die. What a funny thought.

"The desert, Beowulf, is like a mistress. She may look beautiful and warm, but she is not. And she is deceiving. One moment you may be offered shelter and water if you just make it past the hill, but if you get that far, it was just a trick. It's how she get's you. The worst part though, is her hunger for memories. She devours them like a wildfire."

And there it was. I let out a sight as I began to miss my home. "She has good sides though. When the sun is high, it feels like you live in a place full of small diamonds. I used to think that, when I was younger. I imagined that I was a princess, just waiting to be rescued by a handsome prince and that he and I would live in a palace made of gems. Silly eh?"

I glanced up at his rump, almost expecting to see his face, but I quickly looked down. I had never told anyone about this and now, it felt weird. To say thing out loud, made them all too real. "How did the snow look where you come from, when the sun was high and light shone? I bet it was beautiful."

@[Beowulf]

BEOWULF
</style>

To never have seen the sun for two years, it made the Beast feel something for this being. How horrible it must have been for her to have lived in darkness for such a long time. He did not like the cave system and frankly, it was getting on his nerves. He just wanted to see daylight again. "That must have been horrible for you. I could not think how that would be. To not see daylight for such a long time" The beast pondered upon that for a while. But still he could just not imagine how that would have been. He knew the sun, he knew the heat of it upon his face. Yes even the cold places, the sun did reach. Though it did not have the same power as other more warmer climates.

"...The worst part though, is her hunger for memories. She devours them like a wildfire." He did not particularly like the sound of that. why did the desert treat its beings so poorly, surely it wasn't a pleasant place to be? But the way Quinn spoke of it, they almost seemed proud of the place. It truly was their home and in sorts, made him miss his more and more. He wanted to feel the snow and ice. To feel that burn from the cold harsh winds. He missed it dearly and without much effort into it, his stride lengthened and the Beast picked up speed. He wanted out.

If even he never would choose to live in such a warm place, Quinn sold him on it. The way they made it sound, it made him want to visit the place. He too did enjoy the warmth of the sun upon ones face, the desert sound not too much different to his home land in all honesty. The sun glistened upon the snow, but that light was harsher than any you ever did know. For some, it caused blindness. "That is not silly at all. Dreams often tell us our past and sometimes ever the future path we are to travel. Believe in finding your prince and he doth come" For such a young Stallion, he was very insightful of the world, stories had been passed around for all generation, being told before birth, so the memories would stick forever.

He would have looked back to her if it weren't for such a cramped space and such large horns that adorned his face. When she asked him about his place of birth, he smiled contently, glad to speak humbly of his homelands. "We do not have four seasons where i doth come. The sun is only there for a few months of the year, it rises but never again falls until that season is over and then the lady of the moon shines brightly upon us, never once leaving us for the winter." he paused slightly, to gather his thoughts. "The light is very different in those two seasons. The sun turns everything into an orange hue. Like that of the colour of my horns, or the marks I bare. And the moon, she turns the world into a silvery blue. I guess like that of my coat" He chuckled softly, how funny it was he reminded himself of such a place. His colours matched almost perfectly. "The snow too glistens with the light, covering everything. Ice even coating the branches encasing them, protecting them from the harsh storms that blow over the lands. Whiteouts. As they are called. The wind so ferocious, so strong it picks up the loose flaky snow and covers the land with a cloud of it. It may not sound very pleasant but from afar, inside the very walls of a cave, it looks spectacular" He would talk of his home for hours if possible. He really did just love the snow, the mountains and everything else about it. "Parond me, for I feel like I'm talking far too much now. I do apologize greatly"

Light grew stronger up ahead and soon he found himself back in the light, into and opened out room, at that he took a deep breath feeling more free than before.

@[Quinn]

"Speech"

Unregistered

Quinn
only who is left.

"Horrible?" I smiled as I gave my head a shake. "If you never have seen snow, how can you miss it? You can't miss something you have never experienced. It's like..love. I have never felt love, so I don't miss it. I want it though, but that is different."

Deep inside, I'd become a little philosopher. I've always questioned things, but I have learned that some answers don't exist. So why should I chase after it?

When Beowulf told me that my dreams was far from silly, I felt something I had not believed I would. I had a friend. A gentle giant with a heart big enough to fill the space in his chest. I almost wished the cave had space enough so that I could walk beside him, but at the time, I kept walking behind.

"The lady of the moon? Who is she?" I listened carefully, as my imagination helped me make sense of his words. "I wish I could see that sometimes, even if I am not made for such weather. Maybe you could show it to me one day? And I can show you the desert?" The words ran in front of my mind, as I knew that would never happen. It was a good thought though, one that warmed my heart.

I gave a little giggle as he apologized for talking too much and I slipped up at his side when the room opened up for us. With a warm glance and a smile, I laid his thoughts to rest. "Never apologize to me, Beowulf. I like it when you talk, and your voice calms me. I like it. And I like spending time with you. Friend."

@[Beowulf]

BEOWULF
</style>

Quinn was right, if you had never experienced something you could not miss it. Though he did indeed miss the snow. Miss waking up to his parents every morning, to have them there by his side in light and darkness. But the Beast knew he had to experience new things, to be able to miss it. He was slowly beginning to like this company more and more.
Love. What was love? He didn't know it to miss it, but nor did he know of it to even thing about wanting it. There was still so much for him to learn about.

"The lady of the moon? Who is she?" He smiled crookedly, looking back to Quinn as best he could. "She is the one that makes the moon rise at night, brings the stars into existence and helps keep a balance between the light and dark" So they wanted to see the snow? Well he would gladly with all his being, take her there. Her, a female, he had not even organised from the start, to late now to feel awkward, they had shared too much to be in that situation. Perhaps meeting others in the dark was best for him, for it clouded his mind, his judgement. "I would be deeply satisfied to show you the snowy tundra. It would be my pleasure" he gave a careful bow of his head.

When Quinn pulled up along his side he glanced over with a soft gaze, one that showed no harm, no fear, just a friend; a very large fluffy friend indeed. But that word it was gibberish to the beast. He gave a genuine smile as she spoke. He didn't need to apologize and that made him feel something, a feeling he could not explain. His ears went back at the last word she spoke. "F..fri..Friend" He struggled with the word, having never heard of it before. And in that he reached out towards Quinn, pausing just a fraction away, not wanting to come across to strongly. "Friend" The beast repeated, this time with more ease.
"Once the lands above are clear, I will take you to see the snow. If you will allow me to, that is" Once again his polite manors came through, even if Quinn had already asked to see the snow, he still needed her permission, to make sure she still wanted to see the place he'd always called home. Even if it was not his actual birthplace.

"Speech"

Unregistered

Lady of the moon. I would remember her name, as she already had my respect. I had never had any problems with the understanding of other cultures, as long as they understood mine. I had only two that I looked up to; The desert and the war. The last one was male though, but I still offered him a thought.

As I began to drift away in my own mind and thoughts, I found my way back and caught the last thing Beowulf said. "Maybe you can show me things that makes living in the snow easier? As you can see, I have not much to shield myself from the cold. And if you want, I can share some of the secrets of how to survive in the heat."

He was such a polite brute, and so different from the ones I already knew. I would have to poke Nato in the butt to make him talk nice to me, but then again, I had no bond with the black stallion. I was not promised to anyone, nor would I ever be. No, I was free to do what I wanted, as long as I don't hurt anyone. Yes, I could do that.

Beowulf then suprised me, as he closed in the gap between us and I had no idea what to do. I liked it, as he radiated a warmth that crept all the way into my heart. Therefore, I let the inch between us remain, as I gave my white head a nod and put another smile on it. "Yes. Friend."

His manners should have got on my nerves by now, but I thought it was kind of cute. I liked the way he treated me and made me feel. With him, I felt important, which I had never felt before. I dipped my head so that my chin rested on my breast, before I raised it again. "It would be an honour"

@[Beowulf]

No more dreaming like a girl
So in love with the wrong world
[Image: K20W2We.png]

BEOWULF
</style>

He chuckled softly. Quinn was indefinitely not equipped for the snow. Her coat was thin, barely a thick coat. But then if she spend more time in the cold it surely would start to grow thicker. Though maybe not like his. If only he could share that with her. "I will gladly share my ways of living in the cold. But remember I do have a very vast amount of hair" He glanced towards her with a slight hint of playfullness to his tone and even the look upon his face. His smile crocked and even cheeky as such. Whatever it was about this mare, It made him feel calm, relaxed even. The beast was able to be himself.

He'd never gained a friend outside of the herd he grew up in. So to have found someone outside of that inner circle, really made the Beast feel some hope in having left the tight refines of family. Beowulf had only ever known family, the faces he grew up and around. Quinn was an alien to that, but one he would welcome with open arms into the herd. There was just something about the white faced mare that exhilarated trust, a warm heart and family.

Once the lands above were clear, he would take her to see the snow, that was a promise.

With a new found feeling running through the Beast, he found a certain behavior come out in himself. Something he hadn't felt for a few years. And standing so close to her, only made it come stronger. With a cheeky, playful smile, The Beast used his tail and attempted to pull her over, by wrapping it round her hocks. Or at least stir something up. Something just came over him he could not explain.

@[Quinn]
"Speech"

Unregistered

As he chuckled, I could not help myself, but think of how I would look with loads of hair. At this point, I didn't even have a mane and my tail could not be called a tail. But what I had, that Beowulf did not have, was a coat that worked like a mirror in the sunlight. I sparkled like a diamond when I was groomed properly. How many horses could say that?

I changed my gaze towards him when playfulness crept into hs voice and eyes. Did he soften up or was it something else? "I hope you are not planning on making me look like a snowball." I laughed as I bumped my shoulder against his leg.

When I normally should have made the gap wider between us, I felt his tail snake it's way around my leg. I had no idea what that ment, but oddly enough, I liked it. I never drew myself back from him, but kept my shoulder and body close to the warmth he radiated. It made my heart beat faster and as the blood raced througout my body, I became warm too.

So I gave him a smile, not knowing what I tried to say with it. But I felt powerful, like nothing in the world could hurt me. It was like he offered me a sense of security in a way I had never experienced before. And I liked it. After a moment though, I realized that this moment could become awkward pretty fast, so I streched my neck to get my head under his.

I was careful not to stab him with my horn in any way, but as mine was tilted forward and not up, I had a chance to get closer than others would. My brain had gone on a vacation in the last two seconds, so I thought nothing of what would happen if he did not allow me this affection. So I took a chance, sue me.

@[Beowulf]

No more dreaming like a girl
So in love with the wrong world
[Image: K20W2We.png]