the Rift

[OPEN] the MONSTER under my b e d

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

october</style>
if blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intend.        </style>
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

It runs alongside me, keeping pace, like a second shadow that even the high-noon cannot erase. I feel hunted, and that alone makes me uncomfortable. I am not the prey for fuck's sake, I'm the predator.
Then why are you running?
It's all I seem to remember how to do.

My hooves have split and cracked and my legs are a mess of bloody patches. Like a machine I have only one goal in mind and anything else that interferes is an obstacle to over come, including the limitations of my parts. If I fall then I crawl until I can get back up again. I've dislocated my left knee. I still run, now it just flings out oddly every time I lurch forward with my stride. I've buckled on it a few times, so my shoulder is awash with debris and the ruin of my skin.

It doesn't matter, I can only run. I must run.

The panic that has blossomed in my chest scampers up my throat like a rabid squirrel, clawing and kicking until I choke on it. I can't breathe. I can't stay upright, or straight, I head sideways more often than forward the past mile or so. I stagger, I scream, but I continue, I must.
Yet I can't.

I collapse at the rim of the Heart. My coat washes red with the fire that dances along the edge. I wonder if I should just roll myself into the pit, it must be better than this, better than losing my child - the one precious thing in my life now that my godking has gone. I want to cry, but I'm afraid I don't know how. How miserable.

It's then, from my sideways view, that I notice a body vanish in the grass. Not soon after, another. I lift my head up, but my view stays sideways, it comforts me. There's something there, isn't there?
I stand. I don't know how long it took me, but it feels like forever.

I waver, dragging myself on three legs, two legs, one leg.

No more legs, but I'm inside. The cave has engulfed me, like a child crawling back into her mother's womb. Was it this painful coming out? I can't remember...

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

No mother, you've got it all wrong. You've always been the prey. Maybe you've had your moments, the way a small, fragile lizard takes the life from a cricket, but you have never been a wolf. I know it, you know it, and he knew it the moment you slipped from The Wicked's vulva. It's why he beat you, why he tore at you, why he carted you around at his side every waking moment. He did not love you, he only wanted to make you into something, yet you have remained an insignificant, stupid lizard your whole life.

The only glory to your name is being the cunt that bore me into this world. Now I'm here though, so what use do you have left. You should just die you worthless piece of shit. Die.
Die. Die. DIE. DIE! DIE! DIE!
DIE!
DIE!
DIE!
DIE!
DIE!

Öde rushes the mouth of the cave where he can see October laying. A violent bark erupts from his chest as his maw splits, teeth gnashing against one another, saliva slung around as he flings the great wolf head that is his sickness crown.
He stops abruptly just before crossing over the first fold of stone however, his body swerving sideways to rapidly stalk across the entrance. Part of him, he wasn't sure which part, revolted at the idea of going further. His chest burned with the unfamiliar ache of failing to get the thing he most wanted. WHY!? he bellowed inside his mind while his hooves worked out the frustration on the earth amid a wash of hair spinning around each leggy limb.

Furious he slunk away from the cave mouth, sulking just beyond the sightline of it for her.

EVERYTHING THAT KILLS- ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Deceased
Blu

october</style>
if blood is thicker than water, then you'll drown quicker than we intend.        </style>

A sensation prickles alone my spine. The kind you get when someone's nearby, when someone's watching but not revealing. I'm already dripping sweat with exhaustion, but this feeling causes a cold shill to ransack my body, which is mildly enjoyable given my overheated muscles. I'm intrigued regardless, and after such a constant state of fear I now feel joyously numb.

Grunting I turn, trying to flip myself over so that I can stare out oft he cave rather than down into its falsely lit caverns where voices drift up and echo off the walls. It is perhaps a mistake, because just as my orange gaze slithers to the outside world a momentous head of a wolf is there. I am frozen in place, that same chill seeming to fill me up with ice as I watch a face so large it could cleave me in two loom just a few whiskers away from me. The guttural hatred that pours from the beast shakes me visibly, though it is not all together unpleasant.
In that instant I see my father, my king, my god, in the folds of that fur and fangs. It softens me, my heart oozing into my throat, bulging against the back of my tongue so that my words are slurred. "I see you, wolf."
Then the creature is gone in a flash of black and red. From my sideways view I did not notice at first, and the large wolf head certainly threw me off, but I knew that boy's ass as he fled. My son.

"Don't go!" I call out to him, that panic beginning to return as I struggled to rise but found myself unable to.

Blu

"Don't go!" she cries out, the words like a spear to my heart. I grapple with the desire to turn around the corner, barriers be damned, and just fucking rip her head clean off her shoulders. I hate her with such an intensity that it startles me, especially the me that's living deep in the corners of my conscious.

Here was a being I genuinely loved. The only one I had ever loved. And she had loved me back, or at least I thought, until that day. That day that she left me for the darkness while she ran on ahead. That day that she let me die.

In part, I am grateful, for it has allowed me to transcend into a form more deserving of my greatness. Yet the mortal remnants that float around my mind cannot forgive the way in which my rebirth occurred, and for that I hate her. That singular emotion seems to feed the beast within. It purposefully gnaws at it, like an open wound, until I am in a frenzy of bloodlust.

I pause however, perhaps the beast shaken by the cave, which has allowed my private thought pattern to surface. I am still sick though, I am still pissed, so it is not only me thinking. Me and ...something else.

"Don't go!" Öde calls out piteously. His voice lacks the wolf's rumble, sounding as small and as innocent as he was only days before when he was naught but a small colt abandoned by his one and only caregiver. "Don't go!" Öde calls again, a wail bringing his tone up high, fright evident in the tone of his tongue.
"Wait for me mother! Don't leave me. Mother! MOTHER! MOT-" His voice gradually grew in hysterics until it cut off suddenly, silence leaking from the dark boy as he stood, a smile on my face.

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Deceased
Blu

october</style>

For a moment there was nothing and I feared he had gone. I cursed the weakness of my body, nothing but a shell of meat keeping in my thoughts and my soul - why must it be so fragile? Yet he spoke, casting aside the snarl that I'd seen just moments ago. So like Oblivion, his moods rising and falling, and me, well I'd fall for it every time. I was desperate for the child's voice and the colt's love that I could hear now.

"Don't go!" he returned, and I wondered for a moment if he could only mimic. Yet the next words, albeit the same, left his mouth in a greater urgency, a greater need. It awoke my instincts and with more vigor I struggled now, wanting to go to my baby, my baby...my baby! He was nearly shrieking now, his words piercing my ears as they had done when we thundered down the snow, blackness nipping at our heels. He fell, I remembered that he fell, but he would get back up! He fell all the time playing, what was so different then.

What was so different now? He was my boy still. MY BOY!

"I'M SORRY!" I shrieked, lunging to my hooves and being caught by the arch of the cave's opening wall. I was out of breath already, so I stayed there, my body wracked with dry heaves as I tried to remember what it was to cry. "I'm sorry," I whispered, orange eyes darting around the dark beyond. "But look at you now my dark prince. You are a thing of beauty." And he was, he truly was. The elegant line of the wold's head stirred a passion within me that I'd only felt in my dreams for the past years, but now he was here and real and magnificent.

I want to go to him. I want to feel him.
I slump away from the wall, unsteadily pouring out of the opening and back into the Heart.

Blu

"It's working." I knew instantly, her voice cawing out like a wounded thing begging for mercy. Her apology was too little too late, but I relished in the agony that it created as it lurched from her throat.

Öde gently, carefully, quietly walked back towards the cave entrance. As if shy he peeked around the corner, pausing once he saw her, his red eyes holding her eerie orange ones. He was reminded of how beautiful she was, an awkward sort of grace and a distracting set of markings, but she was lovely, or she had been. Love had been like an infection in his eyes, making him see her better than she really was. She loved when it was easy, she left when it was hard.

Then she said it. She called him a prince, and he snapped. Out of everything from this experience he was grateful for what he had become. No longer was he confined to the husk of mortal existence, bound in blood and bone as she was, too weary to even stand. Now he could eat her whole and still be hungry for another. Now he could take the innocence from someone just with an exhale. Now he could rule the shadowlands, a better kingdom than she ever provided - nothing but empty words and clouds that refused to bow. Fuck her, he was a god.

"Prince?" he asked quietly, his body slumped over itself as if he were tired or scared, or both. He tilted his head up as she came staggering out however, his red gaze drifting back and forth quickly across her body. "A prince?" he asked again, louder now, more hopeful. His posture straightened, head tilting to the side like a begging dog. He proffered her a toothy smile, his tongue lolling easily from his muzzle.

"You think me a prince, mother?" He took a step towards her, slow, but steady. "I'm not a prince," he laughed airily, the sound more like a humorous exhale. Another step forward, then one more. He paused, drawn up to full height now, his wolf's head pointed forward like an arrow. "I AM A FUCKING GOD!" he screamed, the word's deep with a canine growl to their edges. As his voice died out a snarl remained, features taut with fury. "BOW TO ME," he snapped, lunging forward effortlessly and opening his mouth to consume her.

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
October stands her ground but remains uninfected