the Rift

[OPEN] my recovery

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As soon as the horned twerp began to talk, Moniz rolled her big brown eyes with mock exasperation. Truth be told, she was delighted that she had set him off and earned herself some sort of reaction, even if that reaction happened to be a string of crude insults. But she couldn’t let him know she was enjoying his little tirade – what if he wised up and decided not to indulge her further? The cocky purple-pointed youngster had already provided her with the most entertainment value she had found in the dank, musky caves. What else could she squeeze out of him?

“Perhaps you should’ve stayed with mommy dearest,” Moniz smiled smugly, eager to take her opportunity to mock the colt’s enviable youth. “It seems she hasn’t managed to teach you your manners yet. Allow me to help you out… ‘Hello, ma’am. What’s your name?’ And then I’ll say, ‘I’m Moniz. And what may I call your dumb ass?’” She chuckled in the darkness, a laugh that rumbled with deeper and more masculine tones than seemed appropriate for such a small mare. The noise rose from somewhere further along in her body than her lungs, collecting layers and depth as it made its course towards her sooty nostrils.

As her laughter died down, she caught his next self-pleased barb. A smile cracked over the unicorn’s face, and Moniz mirrored the gesture back at him.
How cute. “Yes, clearly your evolutionary advantage has helped you so much, what with your superior balance and tremendous sure-footedness…” Now it was Moniz’s turn to be inordinately pleased with herself. Her smile broadened into a toothy grin that she hoped could convey some sort of sinister intent. Unfortunately for her, it can be awfully tough for a fat pony to come across as particularly frightening. She looked creepy, but it was in more of a, “We probably should skip trick-or-treating at old Miss Muffet’s house this year – she keeps falling asleep naked on her porch” sort of way than she intended.

At his complaint over his low marks, Moniz nodded solemnly.
“No, dear, six out of ten is not very good at all.” She flipped her head towards the entrance down which the colt had just tumbled and referenced her initial remark, adding, “I told you I’d be delighted to help you improve…”

But the fun began to wind down. What were they doing down there? Moniz had not learned much yet, either. She had overheard brief, disjointed snippets of hushed conversation, but without context, it was hard to put things together into a cohesive story. Moniz had never enjoyed mental exertion.

The smile finally slid off her face and she flipped her head disinterestedly.
“Beats me. Hiding from you? No, don’t flatter yourself, kid – they don’t give a damn about you. Apparently there’s something called a wraith up there and it’s got everyone shitting themselves scared, so they decided to all be scared together in this vile hole. I don’t know. It’s pretty fun to watch everyone being terrified, though. Sometimes you can hear some awfully wicked screaming…” She paused to lick her lips delectably before concluding, “I highly recommend checking it out.” What fun!

Messages In This Thread
my recovery - by Crake - 01-27-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: my recovery - by Roux - 02-23-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM
RE: my recovery - by Roux - 03-13-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM