[OPEN] my recovery

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
ROUX
drinking freedom from a bottle
to the tune of belong

The colt stood in the darkness, still and silent, a statue among those filled with life. On his wither perched Edison, asleep in the colt's resting. Roux's vision in this place was impeccable, stirring the colt even in times when he should be sleeping. The shifting of the sun and time of day was lost on him, for he only knew it on the surface by his sight. Here, in these caves, Roux was able to see at all times. He was powerful, a colt growing into the lineage of strength and nobility his father had given him. Roux felt alive here. He thrived, forgetting the danger that lurked on the surface and the annoyance that the other horses held because of the dark, tight quarters that the caves were proving to be. Roux cared nought--his family was here, Edison was here, and he could see. What was there else to ask for?

Safety. That was the answer lurking in the back of his mind, as well as the minds of others. Shifting his weight, Roux shook his head and walked forward on uncleft hooves, tail flicking gently behind him. He could hear voices in the distance, and as he approached from the shadows, Roux perked his ears forward to hone in on the speech. The two before him, a colt around his age and an older mare, seemed to be arguing. The colt, stark white against the dark color of the mare, seemed to be an arrogant type, his words harsh and their content lofty. Roux scoffed gently, inaudible to the others. Arrogance was foolish, confidence was tested always. The voice of his mother rang like a bell in the back of his mind, her teachings solid and great in value. Roux would never forget them. He needed to find her soon.

The mare, Moniz as she had blurted, seemed hot. Her words were equally as sharp, dismissing the white colt for nothing more than a foolish child. Roux smirked, and blinked carefully as he waited for a better time to approach. His time lurking in the shadows would soon end, he decided, when the boy began to talk about wraiths. Roux's eyes narrowed--this colt had been a wraith! And, causing the red prince's stomach to turn, had enjoyed it. Roux's blood boiled, rousing Edison from his slumbery state. Blinking baby golden eyes the bird ruffled his soft feathers. Roux was nearly shaking at the thought of loving to be a monster. Edison, the old soul he was, remained silent, and did not attempt to sooth the youngling. Stepping forward with haste, Roux looked directly at Crake, ears pinning slightly to warn the other of his despised mood. "Did you hurt anyone when you were a wraith? Did you enjoy it?" It was easier now for the dayblind boy to see that Crake retained injuries--from what he did not know--but Roux decided he deserved them.

Vail, please tag me when you respond so I know it's my turn. Thanks!

Image Credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
my recovery - by Crake - 01-27-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM