the Rift

[OPEN] my recovery

Crake Posts: 19
Deceased
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 1 year
Sarah
"Talking"______Thinking

The fact that Moniz was still standing around kind of made her sarcastic complaint about a unicorn babysitting service lose its punch. Maybe she was telling them to get out of there, but Crake had been there first. This was his spot. If she wanted to get away from him - them, whatever - then she could leave! So he flashed her a rather over-the-top, sweet smile. “Sure you are, Miss Moniz! Didn't they let you know? I bet there'll be more of us coming around that corner any minute." If only he had that power, to call forth all his unicorn brethren. He rather liked the idea of her running and screaming away from a hoard of pointy-headed children.

The sarcastic remark that he thought up in response to the discovery that this weird kid was Ruby’s brother died before it even got to his throat and instead an incredulous laugh escaped. Like woah, anger problems. One minute they were having a nice chat (or so he thought) and now he was being screamed at and attacked! The shock of it delayed his reaction time so that the brown colt’s teeth scraped and dug into his throat – Crake trying to jerk away and feeling the all-too-familiar pain. Hadn't that been where mommy-dearest bit him when he was misbehaving? Enough already! “WHAT THE HELL?!” Okay so Ruby was this guy’s brother, but was that really enough reason to attack. He only just managed to get out of the way of the kick to his legs, the wild kicks from this colt missing as Crake scrambled away, looking around for a route to escape while throwing angry words at Moniz. "Are you really just going to let him try to kill me for no reason at all?" Hurrying back up that slope seemed a far better alternative than some crazy brother of a sort-of-not-really friend.

Before Crake could sputter out that he had not actually hurt Ruby, that the little bugger had tried to reason with him before running off, he paused, frozen and confused.

Something was happening inside his body, something not-good.

Of course, he had no idea that what was happening was the result of magic, specifically the colt’s magic. His first thought was that bite – that something had been transferred to him through that. Stumbling, his head dizzy and vision blurred, he tried to find something to focus on. Ah, there was the sarcasm – a prickly safety blanket if there ever was one. “What sort of freak-” A painful cough put punctuation where it should not have been, spraying small flecks of blood before him “–y disease are you carrying, kid?”

His stomach felt like it was tightening, combusting even, and then his legs began to shake with the effort of standing as the muscles began to cramp. Unsteadily he tried to move a couple steps towards Moniz, the only adult in the area, in a brief lapse of judgement. It wasn’t like that she was going to suddenly come to his rescue.

Oh if he turned back into a wraith he was so going to kill the both of them.
Crake
Image Credit
table by sevin <3

@[Moniz]

Messages In This Thread
my recovery - by Crake - 01-27-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
RE: my recovery - by Crake - 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: my recovery - by Moniz - 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: my recovery - by Roux - 02-23-2014, 01:18 PM