the Rift

[OPEN] save my soul

Micha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[NOTICE: Micha is outside the sanctuary, this is open for all who wish to get her healed, however, she WILL attack in the process of being dragged in. Minor powerplay allowed in dragging, but she will react with biting/kicking and screaming. :3]

A manic laugh erupted from her body as another rotten piece of flesh hit the ground in the Heart. By now this land was run ragged, darkness consumed it. Her very dark body blended in, making things much more interesting. Another cackle left her body as she noticed another piece of flesh sloughed off, this time from her stomach, leaving a rather horrid and putrid trail. The smell of fresh meat was so strong here, it was odd. Very odd. Almost comical actually. Maybe this is where they've all run to hide, maybe they were all in some hole some where. Now that.. that would be quite the story to tell. I mean, the thought was laughable, all the little ponies cozied up in a corner somewhere. There was no way they would all get along!

"Come out, come out, wherever you are my little pretties!" She called into the darkness of the Heart. It was a challenge. One that she would take on, whether she was met by one or one thousand, she would come out as a winner. She hunkered low to the ground, like a predator hunting prey. She wanted to catch them before they could catch her. She would win. This war between life and death... death was destined to win, there was no escaping it.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

There seemed to be no difference now between the shroud of night’s blanket, and the suffocating darkness which had come to rest as a perpetual cloud of festering illness upon all that had been familiar. Hector stood at the mouth of the cavern on duty; his regular shift, though as time passed by he could not tell any longer which it had become. Originally it had been through the evening, while eyes were weakened by a colourless moon and Veci’s invisible patrols could watch more vigilantly than even the most adapted cave-crawlers among them. The Boggart could not be seen by any other; he was a whisper of wind, a vaporous mist… the fears haunting feeble minds.

Waiting ears grasped the strange sound of another; a sickening cackle of laugher purged from the half rotten throat of a ghoul, and swiftly was given to him the image of the creature who had uttered it. ‘…a wraith’… the voice of his conscience breathed, and a filtering through his minds was the vague impression of a disintegrating monster; flesh falling from her corpse by the second. Veci swam silently around the wraith, unnoticed and untouchable, relaying shafts of hideous information that turned the stomach of his bonded.

The blood curdling voice spilt down through the Heart’s fissure, and resonated wild arrogance as it waltzed down through the stone corridor. Without hesitation the orange soldier bellowed his reply, calling forth those forming the resistance from the depths of their Sanctuary. "SPEARS! To the surface!" The clatter of roused movement rose to smother the lingering stain of the monster’s tongue, and Hector sprang from his shelter at once; heavy round hooves clashing violently with the hard-packed clay coating the Heart. The drum of assembling bodies erupted into the open, and the tri-bred’s blazing gaze hunted for the grim figure Veci had revealed.

'Here!'

Flaming tendrils of golden-red swirled violently as the giant swivelled towards the inaudible tune of his partner, though he could not see well there, huddled beneath its pillowing cloud of filth, the revolting horse; one ear lost, skin peeling away from sunken, manic eyes and brushed the same hue as its master. Hector knew the creature’s capacity to infect, but not so well its ability to repel attacks. Summoning the Boggart’s power through the tight bind of their minds, the stallion called urgently, "now Veci!"

The spectre slipped swiftly towards the wraith’s putrid face, angling his streaming body towards gaping, grim nostrils- with luck, he could draw all air from its spluttering lungs; suffocate it for a time long enough for the Spears gathering to overwhelm it.

Note: Veci is trying to use suffocate on the wraith, so that the army can overpower it.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Sleep finally came, and when it did I fell into its warm embrace eagerly. I’d not taken rest longer than a few hours in many a week; to many things to accomplish in the few hours of daylight we had. Frostfall was coming, it would certainly be here before we knew it—and with it the darkness would likely swarm. Fina heard Hectors cries, she had been returning from a hunt and came screeching in. “Midas! Midas!” she called over and over, panicked. Groggily my red rimmed eyes shot wide open, jerkingly searching for her flaming frame. She fluttered in front of me, flashing gold, crimson and burnt orange. Her glowing frame made me squint and turn away, “Hector….”

That’s all she had to say. The shock of being awake quickly vanished behind a trail of gold as I cantered toward the entrance, slowing only to lean ahead and climb up the slippery slope leading down to the caves. Another beast had come to our doorstep. Another attempt to cure this ragging illness. Earth trembled as I sprang from the entrance into hoard of soldiers that Hector had called forth. Armor slipped across my chest and clattered loudly as it sliced down each limb plate by plate. Lips rolled back to reveal yellow ivory and opened into a bitter snarl more befitting a wolf. Plated head swung right to see Fina emerging from the depths, lunging for heaven to offer her aid. She didn’t scream as I expected and was instead watching the wraith closely, intently.

Her gaze widened with restrained power still young and unpracticed. Little did I know, she was reading the monsters heart, the mind, diving into it's deepest fears and fashioning a vision that would befit a demon spat from the underworld. Heels planted themselves and earth shivered below, chains of solid gold rose from the ground—painfully crafted weeks ago. I’d hidden them beneath the lava rock and ash—hidden from even my warriors. They rose high, and lunged for the beast. Seeking to wrap around legs, neck, barrel and every inch of flesh. Each link was well crafted and not easily broken. Sand pooled from the scattered earth which had held my chains. A dozen small sand spears formed, eager for blood and the light of submission—they flung toward her, aimed at the rotting flesh she bore.

OOC: Fina has the ability to Terrorize: another by knowing one of their fears and creating an illusion of that for 30 seconds.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
No way. No. A stupid little unicorn would not take her down. An ominously echo-y growl escaped her body as she watched the horn wonder bring about a wispy creature. She lunged at the stallion, trying to bite at his legs but suddenly she pulled back, her eyes wide with the first terror the wraith had encountered since she had been turned. The air felt it was being pulled from her lungs. She couldn't breath. She gasped, her flesh jaw opening and clicking shut as if trying to pull air in like a pump. The horned warrior was suddenly joined by a golden one.

Everything was then so bright.

Her vision exploded with visions of the sun. The sun raining down and everything so bright. Unable to breath, or scream, she could neither move nor taunt. She couldn't move from the giant golden chains that were trying to wrap around her.

Wrap they did. One of the chains pulled at her neck, and others wrapped her front legs. They pulled her down to her knees, like a poor demon begging for solace. Her eyes shot the horned and winged warriors a look of pure demon hatred. They had yet to kill her, but the air was being sucked, and slowly she was losing consciousness. The demon was losing. The demon was losing.

[ooc;// she tried to bite hector, whether it lands or not is up to you, if it does tag RE for infection thing. She is currently under the effects of suffocate and terror. She currently is in bright light, but it is still dark to others. if anyone else wishes to drag her down this is the last chance to pop in before they take her away. :3]

Perhaps the pounding which had filled his ears with boldness and with hope, had been only the surging gush of his own pulse as it drowned the clarity of a soldier’s mind- for some time he stood his ground alone there above The Sanctuary. Then they began to assemble behind him (the stallion knew not how many; he never turned), like the hissing ocean tide, stewing in fresh, brisk anticipation. Hector was focused however, his eyes switching through the darkness warily while still the location of the wraith failed his mortal capacity. He could feel Veci there, nearby; could hear the animated motions of the invisible mind, but the Boggart melded perfectly into their grim surroundings, and for now his attention had been absorbed into attacking rather than spitting weak images for his part-equine partner to find.

Firelight had swept by them, zipping into the cave’s jagged mouth and away; too fast though, even for the fit reflexes of the giant to follow. Rust-red ears wavered in delayed response, his long feline tail snapping ferociously as he continued to scour the festering environment for his target.

The wraith pounced forward with what seemed to be otherworldly speed towards Hector, he propped in place- confused initially by the velocity witnessed. Putrid undead teeth snapped rapaciously against dancing copper shins, but she pulled back; balked, stopped almost as suddenly as she had launched. While she stood gasping at his front Hector celebrated the work of his stealthy companion and realigned himself should the creature find air in her lungs to attack once more. Staggering back quickly with out-reaching wings, he removed himself as best he could from her proximity.

Barely minutes later, the clamouring thrash of resonating hooves spilt into the open. Midas sprang from the trembling depths; shining steel still fastening itself across the black and white flex of his frame, and Hector’s stalwart stance swayed only to accommodate the finer stallion beside him at the front of the group. The king’s gaze swept towards the streaking light of his companion, as she betrayed the winded corpse of the monster- sharp avian eyes penetrating effortlessly the smog of sickness which wafted around them all.

Chains rose from the rumbling earth like enchanted, gold tentacles reaching towards their flailing, horror-struck victim. Sand pooled and whirled where the arms broke from the packed surface of the Heart; defying rationale and shredding the laws of truth- Hector watched with keen interest as they secured the wraith in place. Veci’s grip released as the monster fell upon raw, fleshy knees and the spectre waltzed to thread playfully between the fire-slick tendrils of his partner’s russet mane. Both were ready and waiting naturally, for Midas to command.

Note: @[Random Event], please roll for fairness of the situation. I feel like a cheat if Hector evades Micha without gamble. And sorry if I messed timeframes up in this post! Wow a lot just happened.

Edited after roll: DAMMIT lol

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Hector is attacked and becomes infected

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You crash up from the depths just behind Midas, having heard Hector's call. You're not usually one to follow orders, especially not orders you didn't command yourself, but you're a little bit tired of all this darkness crap, so anything to get you out. Your body is sore from all the fighting you've been doing with your herdmates... yeah, your priorities have been a little off. Big deal. Anyways, you were close to the entrance so you figured you might as well come. See, you've been stalking the herb box that you raided, trying to find another opportunity to dig through it and pull out something that might help you, but it's been guarded day and night since your last attempt and finding anything good in there. No luck so far.

As you barrel up from the depths, you see a lot of things. First, you see a stallion even larger than yourself, bite wounds visible on his shins. Next, you see the wraith bundled up on the ground, bound in some sort of chains. Last, you see the barely visible black wisp that is your companion rushing past your head. You roll your eyes. But your warriors mind, working surprisingly quickly with the drugs not there to slow you down, quickly decides on a course of action.

You pick up a canter, although a little stiff from your various bruises, and make a wide circle, giving you plenty of room. And then, angling back towards the opening into the caves, you begin to move faster, limping on your front left limb but ignoring the pain. The only thing between you and caves... is Hector. Your companion seems to sense your intention without you telling her and, despite you not asking for her help, she goes to work anyway. Neither of you know for certain that Hector is infected, you can't know, having not seen him bitten or changed, but you're not stupid. They said in the meeting that bites cause infections and well... You think its better to play it on the safe side. Just in case. Because it would be shame to lose the massive beast to the darkness.

In front of Hector's face, your boggart morphs into the only thing she thinks the wraiths might fear. She doesn't know for certain, being so young and the wraiths being so hard to read, but she tries nevertheless. Her wisp of a body becomes a sun shaped orb, perhaps the size of a grapefruit, glowing with a bright yellow light. A distraction, you hope. You come towards him, lifting your head and turning your right shoulder out, hoping to ram into him, to send him unceremoniously tumbling down the entrance of the caves, back underground where you can force him to drink from the waters that the Earth God blessed. If he needs it, that is. And you know he's bigger than you but... you think you could probably take him.

You hope only two things. One, that Hector has actually been turned to a wraith. It wouldn't do to attack your fellow warriors for no reason. Although you think he'd understand. Two, you hope that Midas has had the good sense to get out of the way. You didn't really think to check for his location before you started this odd maneuver. The last thing you think is... this going to hurt.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
It took ample concentration to hold those chains in place. Each link tightened until it stripped the rotting flesh from her ghastly alabaster bones. The sound of brittle limbs crackling beneath the weighty pull of my power. I snorted, finding complete distaste and very little pleasure from this task. Earth cradled my feet as I tugged the living snakes toward their master—with a she beast tangled inside. Those flaming soulless eyes do nothing to break past the steel covered reserve that was closed off from emotion. Hector straightened and Fina chirped overhead. A seemingly easy victory for the cave band today.

I spare a glance at my comrades, and before so much as a breath can be drawn for words. A pillar of a man comes charging from behind, his face contorted and eyes flashing not toward the wraith as expected—but Hector as their aim. Quickened by years of agility training, my steps glide body out of his ragging path, straining against the golden chains that hold yon girl captive. The warrior roars toward Hector, teeth wide and limbs aiming to strike. My own ivories clashed upon themselves and armor clattered, “What in the hell has possessed ye!?” voice bellowed at him with sudden shock and rage. I hadn’t seen Hector get bit, nor would it have mattered greatly even if he had been infected. Didn’t this illness take at least a few hours to develop? Concentrating on the captive wraith I pulled her closer to the entrance and down into the hole that was slowly becoming a prison—frantic gaze tilted toward Hector and the raging bull of a soldier. “Come to your senses!” Fina snarled from above, making tight circles. Unsure of what to do.

Unregistered
For the first time since she had been infected, she had fallen.

Her body hit the ground, awaiting to be dragged away. The demon within her had just given up on continuing. Given up on moving forward. The chains had firmly been wrapped around her so she could no longer feel, no longer move. Her eyes closed and her dark body heaved one last sigh. The demon was done, given up. All the action around her was just white noise, lulling her further into a deep sleep. Would she ever wake up? Would she ever be cured? That would be up to the stallions who were capturing her. Maybe they could help her soul, her rotting flesh.

Tiny parts of her body fell away, mostly little parts on her face revealing white bone. An ominous grin about the face. It was like she was subconsciously pleased at her work. She knew not of the fates that landed upon her victims, or of her own fate. Life was such a funny thing, especially here. There was no way of knowing if you were living, dead, or the living dead. Maybe Helovia was in a terrible downward spiral. Maybe the world was so close to an end. Maybe everything was just waiting to crash down and shatter everyones lives. A, wet, disgusting breath fell from her lips as she heaved again. If they were going to kill her they may as well do it now. No use in keeping a zombie alive unless you have a cure.
[ooc;/ just powerplay her into the water. she's leaving helovia after she gets uninfected because shes terrified of herself. :3]

It seemed that the wraith was incarcerated; helpless in its ruthless endeavour to spread that infection which so very obviously rotted its core. Triumphant eyes held brilliantly the scene as it brought closer the monster to its demise, the healing waters; a promise of renewed life. Wings speckled with the intense golden-red of fire lifted with restrained enthusiasm from each flank, saluting the brilliant ability of his guilt brother in arms. Russet lips peeled away from the marbled row of blunt teeth to cheer, but something caught in his throat- and the giant chestnut found himself instead coughing unpleasantly, staggering for the moment off the one side.

For not one second had he presumed himself to be infested; the wraith had not bitten him (deeply), rather grazed her foul mouth across the ridge of his cannon- but then he wondered, heart sinking suddenly, whether simply the spatter of her saliva had been just enough to soak filth into his vulnerable system. "No…" he gasped breathlessly, helplessly- angrily; stumbling from the vicinity of Midas who had chained still their prize tightly in his magic. Still his thoughts were lucid and shrewd as though he had woken freshly from a deep sleep; though was that only the adrenaline flooding with flailing revelation. Never had such a cough rattled in his chest- and so quickly it had formed; again he coughed, burying carefully his parted lips beneath the drape of one enormous wing.

As the thick reach of his neck stiffened upwards again, another ploughed forward from the midst of anticipating bodies behind, and the tri-bred stallion’s ears fell swiftly into the scatter of his long soft mane. Surprise was his initial reaction, balking as the unfamiliar stallion’s sudden appearance loomed before him- but more so at the sharp light which suddenly blinded him; and his eyes burnt in its ferocious glare. He couldn’t help the subtle writhe of his heavy corpse as the spreading illness fought angrily the weight of the sun’s touch upon it- never had Hector felt so pained but the element he favoured so. His mind wrestled the ache in his core, and eyes flashed apart defiantly just in time to find the black stallion bursting against the flex of his copper shoulder.

Veci hissed vehemently; silently at the golden orb suspended before his partner, wrapping indignantly his invisible form around it, strangling its existence with a harmless grasp.

As Midas’s resonating command fell between them, Hector’s focus was pulled from the attacking male as he muscled against the resistance of pinned, chestnut legs; "Get off me!" He hollered uncharacteristically, frustration fuelling the fervour in his voice; but there was something else, some wicked streak through his conscience which wanted the smaller beast to suff… The giant’s teeth snapped shut then, his mouth pulling rapidly from the position of his pursuer. "Midas, my mind is clear- but I fear…"

Hector coughed again, the rasp still courser as some substance alike to phlem rose to slick his repulsed tongue- anticipating the wretch of his lungs even before the spluttering had begun, the stallion had turned quickly into the cusp of his drawn wing like before.

"I must drink."

Perhaps the illness would take many more hours to truly overwhelm his being, he had never witnessed another’s plummet into wraith-form, but he could no deny the wave of unwell as it settled within him. With the soldier still flanking his movements, the twice-horned stallion swept around towards the mouth of the cave; and though his body for a moment dithered there upon its rim, he thrust himself down towards the Wall of History.

[Note: meh, I hope this was played well. I don’t know exactly how the sickness works. Sevin, can Oxy babysit him until he drinks in this thread please? Midas is pretty caught up xD]

Bellowing sounds, clearly from the golden stallion beyond, catch your ears and cause you to falter in your step, to look sideways where you should have looked forward, to eb when you should have flowed. And in the confusion you're not sure exactly what happens. What Midas knows about the infection, you do not. You were told one thing. Bites mean infection. No time frame was given, no information on whether or not the infection was immediate or slow-growing. But perhaps it is not only your brain driving you forward, it's your anger, your aggression. You've been locked up in this useless hole of a place too long and now you've broken through to the surface. You're mad with rage, perhaps. They didn't shove you into the Asylum for no reason, after all.

And so perhaps your madness is why it surprises you when Midas shouts, when your little wisp of nothing becomes a brilliant sun, and when you actually crash into him like you planned. Still, hitting him is not like hitting something you're used to. It's like hitting a brick wall, a solid mass that has no intentions of moving at all, and for once you know what it's like for your opponents to hit you.

But as dumbfounded as you are, you can feel the surprise from your companion even more, as her sunny brilliance is drowned out by an invisible force that can only be another of her kind. So while you're busy regaining your footing, trying to gather your composure and make yourself stand on your own, unbeknownst to you the little wisp woman is trying in her childish way to communicate with the blackness that had enveloped her. She tried to express her indignance to him, the immediate feeling she got that she was superior to him and that he had attacked her when he should have bowed. And if her mind felt somewhat foreign to Veci's, perhaps it was because she lived with a madman and had begun to think of him as savior rather than captor.

As for you, you find yourself finally steadied and yet, it seems that your efforts have not been wanted or welcomed. More shouting, from the beast himself this time, followed by.... snapping teeth. Did he just catch you with his teeth? Bite you, scrape your flesh, make you vulnerable to the same infection you fear he has contracted? You grumble at first, but it turns into a bellow and you try to shove forward, though this time a movement around the stallion rather than attack. “GO!” you shout over top of his words to Midas. The water. You must have it too.

And so you follow him to the mouth of the cave, dipping down it after him as your boggart tries to escape the grasp of the invisible underling that has enslaved her, killed the only sunlight available in these dark times.

OOC| It's fine, I don't really know what's going on and Oxy's obviously a massive moron. Babysitting shall commence- though they should probably babysit each other, lol. So sorry for holding this tread up!!
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Midas
I pulled the wretched creature along, all the while trying to keep eye contact with Hector and his attacker. He handled himself as expected, thrusting the oversized brute aside. Our simply raid had twisted so fast, my straining pelt rippled beneath plated steel as the two pulled apart and gasped at each other. Ebony lips sealed shut when Hector testified that he needed a drink—it took a moment for the full weight of those words to sink in. The ashy warrior who had charged him, motioned roughly toward the cave. I nodded hard, bumping my chin against the metal strung across chest, “Head in.” Reason would guess that such an infection would at least take more than a few seconds to develop, the strange warrior had overstepped and certainly overreacted. But…then again… perhaps I was wrong, maybe the illness had a short incubation? Each time he rasped, lungs struggling to draw breath in these spare moments I began to wonder if perhaps an overreaction was what we needed right now.

With the two of them already sinking down into the pit of our salvation my gaze turned back to the chained beast that had gone past the point of reasoning. “Our turn,” voice hissed softly, backing toward the entrance and drawing her with me. Chains certainly weren’t the easiest method of transpiration, but it was safe. She didn’t seem to mind how their dull points sliced through poorly held muscle. The stench of her frame was horrific, and despite wanting to gag upon each breath we made it down into the hole.

Water, the sweet sound of life trickled to my ears. By the time I’d reached our fountain room, said prisoner was likely missing a few spare slices of flesh and I’d about hit my limit of repulsion. Circling the fountainhead my chains tightened their hold and drifted toward the ceiling, carefully I carried her over the ledge and into saving water. Liquid spilled like a wave over breaching, cascading on the floor as her abused frame was lowered into its purifying depth.

OOC: Midas dumped her in the water <3

Unregistered
The moments between capture and water she could not remember. Her heart was beating but her mind was off. All around her sounds and smells were flurrying about, tempting her eyes to open, to eat, to devour. But she couldn't. The embrace of the brass chains against her body lulled her into unimaginable sleep. The cave, the movement, the yelling, the fighting, none of it registered into her delusional mind.

Her heart tumbled and rumbled about, trying to find purpose and life. The beats slowly were dying... slowly were leaving until...

Cold water rushed over her body. Consuming flesh and soul. Darkness leeched out of her body. Leaving a small, trail of darkness in it's wake before it completely dissipated. Her body, and flesh, reassembled. It gnashed itself together like a terrible curse. Her body shuddered, and spasmed, as she contorted about in the water. Her mouth gurgled with the most deadly of sounds as the presence left. For a few moments, her body lay there heaving. It had returned to it's normal state, and shuddering, her eyes opened.

Woozy and disoriented she got to her feet. Her eyes were wide with fear. She looked, left, right up and down. Nothing but fear and pain of the last moments she remembered in that murky marsh were left. A scream of wild fear crossed over her features, and she herself let out a terrified whinny.

Then she ran. Her hooves clipped across the stone floor and she moved with unimaginable speed. Towards the light, towards the entrance. She scrambled up the downgrade slide of rock at the entrance of the sanctuary. Stumbling and scraping her knees as she went. She just had to get out, she had to leave and disappear again! She ran, through the heart, through the dark-consumed lands, not even stopping in the normal threshold. She was leaving the way she came, and never coming back, ever.

[ooc;// thanks guys <3 Micha's out. Feel free to continue without her if you want.]

It was instinct.

How the exotic ants of faraway jungles knew to defend the territory of their host tree, to bite and maim sapling invaders so that the nest they had laid in was not compromised. It was how raucous rainbow bird knew to feed off sour clay banks to counteract the residual poison their last meal imparted. It was how the lesser of one species knew to respect and uphold those fancier, larger and swifter of mind. Veci knew that his Boggart company was yet greater than he. There was no need for sympathetic eyes, desperate grovelling and impromptu serenading to herald her existence; their kind knew none of that unnecessary extravagance. Still stronger though than the will of his nature to submit to her stature above him, was the urge to defend and support his partner- the gigantic orange stallion. For that moment of time, when their bonded creatures clashed so violently together, the swirling, angry spectre ignored her- except to harass about her in swirling zephyr-like bursts if she so dared to defy Hector’s liberty again.

The great winged stallion flailed insubordinately as his words word buried helplessly beneath the overbearing roar of his assailant’s instruction; his mind buckled obediently, for the sake of safety, for the sake of those hankering so pitifully beneath the drum of unruly hooves. His body, though just barely stricken by that formidable virus felt not the same desire it once would have to conform, to yield to the ruling of its struggling owner. Already the illness had reached his veins, and it fed ravenously on the purity of his blood; the warmth, the adrenaline, all fuelling rapid incubation within. The flimsy breath of darkness had already begun to cloud his face, and vessels lining each eye began to inflate and inflame despite the frantic whirl of his skull as mind reeled unmercifully over matter- always weakening, beginning to fail.

Enormous round hooves clattered clumsily as he descended through the hole before the dark bay, they held not now that calm confidence of one stained and scarred by battle. Hector barrelled down the corridor at a wobbly, cumbersome trot, the sheer wall of lava-light; the radiating warmth from it, spilling across him to burn and sear as though the barrier of crystal had failed right then as he passed beneath. On he continued, momentum gathered and that bulk bearing down from behind not allowing his crude gait to slow for a second. He could not feel the caress of Veci’s mind any longer, though still he could think quite clearly- he felt terribly alone… and so strange, fiercely angry. The ring of hooves striking the wet cave floor echoed furiously around them, filling the relative sense of tranquillity set through the idle population of healthy souls- Midas and the wraith had fallen through the mouth also, their struggle filling up the remnants of silence with ease.

The sound of water, the gurgling fountain; liquid redemption, filled straining, swivelling ears and for a moment the ginger creature wanted to resist it. Large round knees stiffened defiantly and soiled hooves skidded roughly along the worn stone path, but there was no stopping; no hesitating, and Hector drove left when the Wall of History opened to his side. The etchings glowed fiercely upon him as he passed by them indifferently towards the bubbling water source- and with every ounce of will remaining, the stallion thrust down his maw into the sweet cool substance. Sucking greedily, he filled his stomach- but he felt little change within, perhaps only the return of his bonded’s thoughts; that his guard had rather turned into more of a naughty game in which his Kin should try to slip by. He shook his twice-horned cranium and sighed heavily in response, all the while clearing, tangerine eyes sought those who had followed him into Helovia’s Heart.

With a splash the wraith hit the pool beneath the fountain’s cool murmur, and Hector staggered backwards amidst the gush of spilled water as it puddled around his step. The mission had been a success- he recalled suddenly and quickly the reason they had been flaunting themselves above ground; and a triumphant smirk was proffered to both stallions around him. The mare’s body seemed to repair with the speed of light; it was like nothing he could have imagined or foreseen- it was a miracle. After what felt like mere minutes, she scrambled to her feet, fearful eyes searching the confines of their refuge, and the shrill sound of panic filled the tri-bred stallion’s forward-resting ears. Even before he could step across her path, the creature flung herself forward, slipping from the shimmering gaze of the inscriptions, and out towards The Sanctuary’s doorstep.

"No!" He sprang forward calling after her fleeing form, but the effort was in vain; the frenzy of her stride was already dimming as she broke from their fortress. Disappointment flooded features that were normally stiffened by stark indifference and he turned away, back towards his comrades.

The concern of the bite drives you forward, down the slope leading into the cavern, following after the pair that probably don't really want you following. Is there blood from the cut, could you be infected? It seems reasonable, maybe even probable, that you could be turning wraith-like at this very moment. Not that anyone would really be able to tell the different. Aren't you a monster normally? Doesn't your body sway and stumble with the effects of your drugs. And yet, you'd rather be high than ill, so you carry on, not quite as quick as Hector, but you ample quick enough.

Your companion follows after you, still a little miffed by Veci's general lack of interest in her obvious superiority, but otherwise content to follow after you. For a moment, you wonder if you can make her go with Veci- for though you did not see him you got the feeling of his presence from your bond. That would be much better than having her here... with you... all the time... never leaving. You sigh in joy just thinking about her going away. Stealing her might have been the worst idea you ever had... except that time you made Ampere explode. That was actually kind of worth it. Even the electric burns you got that second time around.

So anyways, you make it to that room with the well and the brutish beast you attacked, for his own good you might add, drinks greedily before Midas manages to toss the chained creature into the water. The next flurry of motion that occurs is sort of lost on you as you slip your way across the damp, stony floor to the pools edge and drink some yourself, taking a hint from Hector and guzzling far more than your fair share. Of course, since you don't know if you were feeling weird or not you're not sure if you feel better, but it's close enough.

“Sor-,” you start to say, before falling into a series of somewhat fake sounding coughs and choking sounds. Saying sorry? What the hell were you thinking. You haven't said sorry since you've been here, don't think you're going to start now. You rack your brain for something new to say, coming up kind of short, just sort of mumbling out some general nonsense in your best attempt at a recovery. “Good water,” is about as far as you get before you just sort of lay down on the ground near the pool. Just in case. Yeah, nobody said you were socially able. But you're trying.