the Rift

[OPEN] save my soul
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Sleep finally came, and when it did I fell into its warm embrace eagerly. I’d not taken rest longer than a few hours in many a week; to many things to accomplish in the few hours of daylight we had. Frostfall was coming, it would certainly be here before we knew it—and with it the darkness would likely swarm. Fina heard Hectors cries, she had been returning from a hunt and came screeching in. “Midas! Midas!” she called over and over, panicked. Groggily my red rimmed eyes shot wide open, jerkingly searching for her flaming frame. She fluttered in front of me, flashing gold, crimson and burnt orange. Her glowing frame made me squint and turn away, “Hector….”

That’s all she had to say. The shock of being awake quickly vanished behind a trail of gold as I cantered toward the entrance, slowing only to lean ahead and climb up the slippery slope leading down to the caves. Another beast had come to our doorstep. Another attempt to cure this ragging illness. Earth trembled as I sprang from the entrance into hoard of soldiers that Hector had called forth. Armor slipped across my chest and clattered loudly as it sliced down each limb plate by plate. Lips rolled back to reveal yellow ivory and opened into a bitter snarl more befitting a wolf. Plated head swung right to see Fina emerging from the depths, lunging for heaven to offer her aid. She didn’t scream as I expected and was instead watching the wraith closely, intently.

Her gaze widened with restrained power still young and unpracticed. Little did I know, she was reading the monsters heart, the mind, diving into it's deepest fears and fashioning a vision that would befit a demon spat from the underworld. Heels planted themselves and earth shivered below, chains of solid gold rose from the ground—painfully crafted weeks ago. I’d hidden them beneath the lava rock and ash—hidden from even my warriors. They rose high, and lunged for the beast. Seeking to wrap around legs, neck, barrel and every inch of flesh. Each link was well crafted and not easily broken. Sand pooled from the scattered earth which had held my chains. A dozen small sand spears formed, eager for blood and the light of submission—they flung toward her, aimed at the rotting flesh she bore.

OOC: Fina has the ability to Terrorize: another by knowing one of their fears and creating an illusion of that for 30 seconds.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
save my soul - by Micha - 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: save my soul - by Hector - 01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: save my soul - by Random Event - 01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: save my soul - by Oxy - 01-31-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: save my soul - by Midas - 02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: save my soul - by Micha - 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM