the Rift

[PRIVATE] FOOTHILLS MEMBERS :: can i take my place?

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

The patchwork girl moves swiftly throughout the many bodies that now make home in the largest of all the caverns, the Sanctuary. Many frantic creatures enter here, frightened and seeking a haven. Abishia was one of those beings, but that was moons and moons ago. Now she is simply bored with the underground life, roaming around and making quick conversation with anyone who bothers. Her dainty hooves set off a clip-clop every time they collide with the stone floor. The girl keeps her orbs glued to the floor, ashamed of her lack of a horn, compared to all the horn creatures that now thrive in this area. She has put some deep thought into things lately, usually finding herself bored and alone in the Glowing Room, Abi has had time to overthink, re-think, and then think about things again. Everyday, she seems to think back o the time she visited the Foothills, and yearns for her dear friend Arrane. She has brushed passed him a few times lately, but she felt as if a long conversation with him was needed.

The fae wanted a family. She wanted to be a part of a loving herd, one that could offer her protection, a place she could serve and belong. She had simply not found that being an outcast, and her countless lonely nights just kept adding up. Sick and tired of the Outcast way of life, she had made her decision. She wanted to be part of the Foothills, and she wanted to become a crafter... But could she get all these things she wanted? Slim chance, right?

Raising her maw, she parts her lips in a loud call. Most likely, she has disrupted everyone around her, but she really doesn't care for their irratations and what they perceive her as. " Members of the Foothills! Could I ever speak with you?" She glanced around, and shuffled her hooves nervously, hoping that there would be someone around. Lightly, she added, "Arrane?"

{ Please, any of you that have charrie's from the Foothills, I beg you to join in! I really would like Abi to become part of the Foothills, so it would be great if they could sort of 'welcome' or 'inform' her! @[Arrane] , it would help if you could join also, but don't sweat it if you can't find the time! }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

The limits of the sanctuary were rather confining to one who was used to traveling much farther without much thought to it. Now that the monsters had appeared it seemed like this rocky hole was about the only place that offered what could be considered safety. His brief encounter with the wraith was more than enough for him, they had been lucky that time but the odds of winning each time was a risk he was not willing to take. Merou had put himself in danger to help them get away that time and he was in debt to his little companion eternally. The days were passing by and with it the season would be ebbing on as well making their days together more precious than ever. He could not stand to think of the day Merou would have to leave so for now it was just the inevitable day of dread.

From the depths of the caverns below a voice sought out the presence of Foothill members. Tipping his head down he passed a gaze to Merou who was just as interested as he was trying to make sense of the situation. The femme's voice was faintly familiar to the stag but it was not the familiarity of other already in the herd. What was it that was so important for an outsider to call them together? Walking cautiously through the winding paths of the caverns he navigated his way down following the mares voice. His hooves sounded softly against the hardness of the stone underfoot while Merou's claws shuffled along beside him happily just eager to be going somewhere other than the surface.

The fae appeared before them soon enough drawing his steps to a halt nearby as he regarded the filly with curiosity. Dipping his head in a silent greeting he found words to accompany this thoughts. " Hello, is it you who seeks those of us from the Foothills?" He asked gently casting a quick gaze down to Merou to make sure he wasn't getting himself into trouble again. Thankfully he was intent to hear the fae's intentions and had seated himself upon a small boulder nearby staring at the subject. It was almost comical as he had yet to perfect a serious expression so it was rather one of what appeared to be amusement. Returning his silver gaze to the mare he awaited her answer patiently cocking his hind leg in rest.

••MUSE: Good•• TAGS: Abisha •• NOTES: None••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Hidden Account
Wild.

A familiar dappled Stallion appeared before her, quicker than she expected. She had seen the brute before... And his little bear cub. Abishia cocked her head in confusion flicking her harks. When he spoke, the memories came flooding back. She had met the duo, and another dappled mare somewhere before... Shortly after their formal greetings, they where interrupted by a beast... One of those blood-sucking and flesh-eating ones. The mosaic girl shuddered, remembering the day when she had to run for her life. Carefully, she dipped her dome. But quickly she loosened up and offered him a friendly smile. She then directed her gaze toward the bear cub, who sit on a boulder not to far away. The sight of him and the expression on his face caused a deep bellied laugh to rumble from Abishia, her sides expanding as she giggled her way out of replying to the Stallion.

Shaking her dome, she let out one last quiet giggle, then met eyes with the handsome boy. He was muscular, decorated with beautiful darker grey spots on his light grey undercoat. She smiled again, then slowly responded. "I believe we have met before!" She tumbled out happily, her mood bright and no longer concerned. Her orbs skipped over his frame again, and rested on his forehead. Oh, his horn was so beautiful, the dark light glimmering off of it. Envy rose in her that she couldn't help, knowing her constant wishes to be horned would never be granted. She gulped, hoping he didn't see her obvious stare. "I don't believe I caught your name in that riga-maroll, though..." Her words where trimmed with laughter, the funny word rolling off her tongue. Then, she snapped herself out of her silly trance, aware that he had asked her a question and she had failed to answer it. "Oh yes. I am looking for a home, sir. My good friend lives within the Foothills, and offered me a home with your family. I do believe the herd has made a home down here?" She stretched her neck to look past the Stallion, scraping her gaze around the large stone room. "Arrane is my friend. Do you know him sir?"

"blah blah blah."

@[Ciceron]

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

The fae was definitely a familiar face but for the life of him he could not remember where he had met her before. By Merou's expression it appeared that the feeling was mutual with his rather bemused expression of curiosity and his attempt at seriousness. It bothered him that he had not remembered this girl, it was not like him to forget names like this but with the given circumstances of utter chaos above ground it wasn't all that surprising. While he was lost in his mental battle of names the joyous laughter broke through the silence to once again draw his attention back to the filly. Her eyes had fallen upon the cub and apparently he was not the only one who found his expression comical. His own soft chuckle escaped his throat which earned him a rather quizzical glare from his friend. Glancing between the two of them Merou rolled his eyes and gave a soft grunt before ambling down from his boulder to come sit between his two front feet half pouting from being laughed at.

This was not the first time this had happened but it only took a matter of moments before he had forgotten all about what had him pouting in the first place. Silencing his laughter as the mare spoke again it suddenly dawned on him that she was the filly who had been present during the attack by the wraith. In the commotion they had all parted ways running this way and that way. Abisha, if he remembered correctly from the brief encounter, finally he could place her face with a name. "Yes I remember meeting you. Its good to see that you are in one piece after that creature made its appearance." He replied light heartedly offering a smile. It was a relief actually that both of them escaped injury during that as she called it "riga-maroll". Not a term he had ever heard before but he assumed that such a unique situation called for a rather unique word as well.

So a home is what she sought, well he certainly could not see a reason she would not be welcome to join their ranks. Their herd was lacking in numbers before all the craziness with the departure of various members, surely no one would have any oppositions. " I do not personally know Arrane but I do know of him. I do not see any reason you wouldn't be allowed to join our herd, i am certain most would agree with me on that. A definitive answer would have to come from Apollo or Phaedra but you have my approval and invite. Welcome!" He said happily. It would not be the first time he had invited others to join their family and so far no one had been denied so he felt comfortable with his decision. The rest of the herd did reside here within the walls of the sanctuary just not necessarily in the same location. None of them were used to living underground so things were still rather chaotic when it came to living quarters. Everyone seemed to just tolerate anyone being everywhere for the time being until they could return home.

••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: Abisha •• NOTES: None ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

A dryness clung to the inside of the mare's mouth as she strode around the hole in the ground that all the creatures...the healthy creatures of the Foothills had seemed to cram themselves into. Of course, this place wasn't big enough for the entirety of Helovia so the painted warrior presumed they had found elsewhere to wait out this wave of destruction that had taken over their homes. Shuddering inwardly as the pictures of the grotesque creatures floated about in her mind, but even after that experience the paint would much rather be out there, protecting those she cared about rather than hiding away like some kind of prey animal.
Chestnut harks slammed back against her skull as the lady warrior weaved her way through the masses of equine, all of which were a part of the herd she was so happy to call her own...but none of them she really enjoyed speaking too. It wasn't anything against them, it was just hard carrying on a conversation these days, not that the two toned mare had ever been very good at conversing. The conversation always seemed to switch over to where she had gotten the permant paintings that covered her canvas like a masterpiece and that was when she tended to shut down. She wasn't ashamed of where she came from, there was just so much pain that still riddled her mind on a daily basis from losing the only companion she had ever been able to trust the way she had trusted him. So in her mind, the best way to deal with all of this was to make herself as nearly unapproachable as possible by narrowing her pink pools and having her harks back against her skull warning off any kind of conversation that could possibly be started.
Her mind drifted off once more into the bleak mist that shrouded all of the memories of her past, that fateful day replayed a few times...the twang of the arrow being loosed from the bow that was held by her harks, the excitement and adrenalin that rushed through her veins with ever pump of her lively beating heart, not to mention the feeling of the wind tearing at her flaxened tresses as her painted hooves smacked relentlessly into the plains they normally fought on. But this day was different, today she would run away leaving her heart bleeding out on the ground...it was as this thought was crossing her mind that she felt her body collide with another's.
Cursing inwardly the mare's pink eyes snapped open as she danced backwards as quickly as she could, her chestnut harks remaining planted in place. "Sorry. I spaced." Cheveyo supposed she could have allowed a few more of her under-used lyrics to float into the air, but the way her tongue stuck to the top of her drying mouth made it nearly impossible to speak even the three short words she had spoken. Before her stood the tall dappled stallion who she knew was a member of her herd, but at this very moment his name was escaping her and in front of him stood a pretty painted filly whom she had never seen before. A flush of heat rose to her high cheek bones as she lowered her skull ever so slightly in an apology to the filly, but there were no words spoken.

"Speech"
[Tag: @[Ciceron] & @[Abishia] ]
[Words: -5-8-1]
[Muse: Blowing Smoke by Kacey Musgrave]
[Notes: Sorry to intrude~ Need to get Chev out there, and I apologize for the shortness, still trying to get into her character. <3]

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Hidden Account
Wild.

Abishia was glad that the dappled brute had decided to answer her call, and was hoping he would bring her good news. The girl had big plans for herself, hoping to one day learn of medicine and receive crafting magic. She smiled brightly at the grey Stallion, his horn reflected off the star studded ceiling. Longing displayed in her eyes as she stared at the bone that protruded from the boy's forehead. She never spoke of her want, but had always yearned to spill her feelings to someone who would care. The sound of the horned Stallion's voice snatched her from her trance, her thoughts sliding away like liquid down a slope. She was relieved to hear that he remembered her. She hoped that he didn't remember her name, knowing that she had managed to forget his name. Suddenly, the small bear changed positions, and came to sit by the brute's feet. Smiling, Abishia extended her neck downward and reached out her maw toward the bear, admiring his look. She wondered if she would ever receive a companion like the little cub, and share a bond with a different creature; one she could nurture and love. The mother inside her wanted to snatch up the cub and keep it for herself, but the traveler inside her scolded the thought, knowing that earning a companion would cause her to gain many responsibilities she couldn't ever live up to. Looking up at the brute, she then raised her head, flicking her harks into an erect position so that she could collect his words.

A large smile spread across her lips, a small giggle escaping her. Swallowing nervously, she nodded a bit too many times. Not able to contain her excitement, she gave a little jump of joy, eyeing the cub as she did so. Her orbs widened, knowing that now she could be considered part of a family. Not able to stand still, she shimmied her back end to the side of her, then attempted to calm herself by suppressing a long sigh. Lightly, she shook her dome, her long forelock being sent in multiple directions. "That is so fantastic! I can't wait to be part of a herd!" She smiled wide and tipped her cranium downward toward the little bear, and offered him a warm smile. "Where ever could I find the Leaders? I would like to ask formally of course. " Suddenly, a sorrel and white mosaic figure entered her peripheral vision. She chose to ignore the figure, waiting for the boy's response.

But soon, the calm demeanor of the situation was shattered by the paint mare. She ran clumsily into the Stallion, causing Abishia's eyes to widen. There was no excuse for such a horrid display of her manners. The girl scoffed; she had no time for such rudeness. She may be young, but that didn't hold her back from being a polite Mare. She stared at the marked girl with a look of disgust playing in her orbs. She sighed, then spoke. "Yessum, next time it may be efficient to watch where you set your hooves. " She turned to the boy and her expression immediately turned to a kind one, her orbs light with happiness once again. She failed to catch a glance of the cub, hoping he hadn't been trodden on by the careless mare.

Noticing the lack of her own manners, she dipped her dome slightly to the painted one, her eyes displaying a expression that wasn't as harsh as before. When she raised her dome again, she coked her dome slightly. The girl noticed again that the mare was not only painted by the means of her coat colors, but also with multi colored shapes painted onto her. At closer inspection, Abi let a small smile flicker on her lips, marveling at the beauty and simplicity. Glancing back at the Stallion she had just met, she smiled wider then turned back to the mare. "Your beautiful." She said, her voice a mere whisper. Abishia let her orbs glide over the mare's bodice again, and this time they rested on the girl's bright pink pools. She was surprised that she hadn't set eyes on them before, seeing how eye-catching they are. "Oh and your eyes..." She whispered, even quieter, leaning in to get a better look at the beautiful marbles.

Leaning back away, she stepped backward so she was beside the grey, and smiled lightly at the girl. " I am Abishia, hopefully becoming part of the Foothills soon." She laughed quietly, looking around, anxious and not sure what to speak of. Leaning down, she pawed a the stone floor, a loud noise ringing through the cave as she did so. Abishia flattened her harks to her skull instinctively, the noise hurting her ear drums. She mumbled a little sorry before setting her hoof back down gently and eyeing them both. "I would love to know both of your names!"

Image Credits

lines

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
A loud call bellowed from the depths of the Sanctuary, summoning horses of the foothills. The youthful voice was very familiar, that of the beautiful filly Abishia. A kind friend, a young sister like figure, Arrane had become attached to the girl, seeing his own two sisters in her every movement and word. His name rang out into the abyss next, and plunging into motion, the ivory stallion briskly trotted towards her light voice. Helovian residents of all kinds stood in his way, clustering the entrances to the tunnel, chattering and blocking his path towards the filly. "Excuse me,", muttering here and there at the horses who blocked him, Arrane weaved around the rainbow of colored bodies, until he finally arrived at the scene with the young girl.

Due to the obstacles obscuring his way to Abishia, two other horses were clustered around the bay and white girl. A kindred smile played upon his maw as he calmly approached, nodding his head respectfully. They were in the middle of a conversation, and Arrane had caught some snippets as he came upon the little meeting. A tiny creature, the small form of a bear cub tread close to the dappled stallion, and the ivory man knew why she was here. Abishia was officially requesting a chance to join the Foothills, to bask in the glory of a tight knit family. "Good day", masculine tones reverberated from a broad chest, addressing everyone, "Hello Abishia", cyan pools lingering on the fae's face. But eager to get a picture of everyone, Arrane averted his gaze to the pretty chestnut mare. Markings that he had observed on Guacho were stamped on a light pelt, and Arrane offered a kindred smile.

Flicking his eyes back to the dappled stallion, the grin still lay on a velvet maw, seeing that the gray hued man's companion. Arrane had traveled not to long ago to seek the Earth god, and ask in desire a butterfly companion. How ironic to see such a well built warrior as himself solicit a fragile insect, associated with pretty fillies in green fields. But it was a wish, for he was a placid stallion and din't care to have an impressive counterpart. "If you want, Abishia, I can lead you to Apollo or Lakota", recently he had come to realize that the midnight and ebony mare had become the Chieftess in Phaedra's place. Arrane had no knowledge whether the creme mare had been infected or not.

Quieting down, Arrane knew that he had intruded in the conversation even though the painted filly had summoned him. Not hearing most of the dialogue going on between the three, he stayed silent, mentally agreeing that the chestnut mare that supposedly bumped into the stallion was very beautiful. What a flirt he was. After the two would introduce their names, he would take turn to introduce himself as well, for these two reeked of the same Foothill scent as him.

//>.< So sorry! I was super late. ^^"

Things down underground were quite different from living above ground with the rest of the living. Down here things tended to echo within the large caverns and any small movement could be detected from a mile away whether it be water dripping from one of the stalagmites or even a pebble falling onto the stone floor below. The darkness was the other thing that took quite a bit of adjustment to one's eyesight. He had never been more thankful for the light emitted from his markings allowing him enough visual light to see where he was walking, he wondered how others seemed to navigate so well in the pitch blackness.

His lyrics seemed to thrill the young filly to no end which made him feel good about his decision. It was nice to be able to help others out when you could it gave you a sense of satisfaction. Before he could open his mouth to reply to the fae's questions another figure appeared out of the dark corridors in an apparent daze or trance like state and proceeded to walk straight into him. Her smaller stature ceased to move his bulk from its place on her own power, not that she was trying to. Stepping to the side he pivoted himself around to look into the face of the new mare to see what was going on. His silver orbs swept delicately over her frame while Abisha turned her own attention to the newcomer. At first her response lightly reprimanded the mare for her lack of attention before her tone turned into one of amazement as she took in the other mare's features. The brilliant colouration of markings that accented her painted coat were indeed quite brilliant indeed.

A gentle smile turned the corners of his lips as he regarded the mare with curiosity. "No harm done miss, no need for apologies." He commented lightly lifting his eyes to meet hers for a second or two before glancing back towards the other fae. "My name is Ciceron." He supplied to all that were around feeling rather rude for not giving it sooner in their conversation. As they stood there a brief silence lapsed before another figure came forth from the darkness, this time another stallion in which he was vaguely familiar with. Dipping his head in greeting to his brother he awaited to hear what was being said before speaking again on his own.

As the white stallion spoke a warm feeling passed over him seeming to stop time. Looking down to where Merou had been sitting between his hooves he found only empty space. Flicking his eyes around they found the figure of his friend upon the rock he had been sitting on previously but something was not quite the same. His image was no longer as clear as it had been but rather fading by the minute, it was his time to move on back to where it was he was needed. Around him nothing seemed to register or move but it was just the two friends again within their own little world. The warmth held him still and allowed no sadness to transpire into his emotions. "I will miss you my friend but I will visit often. Do not be sad as better things are to come. I will look forward to when I see you again." With those final words the last of Merou's tiny figure faded from sight releasing him from the warmth that once surrounded them both. He had known their time ran thin but he had not expected it to be so sudden or so soon. His heart grew heavy with the memories of their time together but no sadness darkened his mind, Merou had taken care of that somehow. He would miss the little cub dearly but knew that somehow they would meet again.

Blinking he returned to reality as the voices of the others seemed to fade back into the picture as if things had never happened. He could not be sure what had transpired between himself and Merou but it was literally like time had stopped so that Merou could say goodbye. No one else seemed to have heard the words spoken unless they were just respecting the meaning of them but he sure had heard each and every word and would not soon forget them.

Ciceron Speaks
Merou Speaks
••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: @[Arrane], @[Abishia], @[Cheveyo]•• NOTES: Poor Merou XD••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Her head spun slightly as the painted warrior recollected herself from her run in with the larger animal. She was fairly certain if she was some kind of childhood tale there would be stars floating around her skull in a circle, occasionally bobbing up before returning to it's track. Snorting softly the mare willed the oxygen back into her bloodstream as her pink pools drifted between the two equine she had suddenly found herself in the company of. If she hadn't so rudely made her presence known Cheveyo would probably have turned away already to continue weaving her way through the crowds that made her feel so very uncomfortable.
"Yessum, next time it may be efficient to watch where you set your hooves." At the younger creature's words Cheveyo's harks slammed even further back against her skull, so far back that they would have disappeared against her mane if it weren't for the flaxen coloring of her hair. If she were of the canine species instead of an equine there would surely be a warning growl rolling from the depths of her well muscled chest, but instead a warning shot was sent in the darker paint's direction with her pink eyes. There was one thing that Cheveyo wouldn't put up with and that was a disrespectful snot nosed brat. Suddenly the filly's tone changed as her eyes drifted to Cheveyo's odd markings, the paintings that had merged into her skin magically with the death of her rider. The words that she had been dreading with the intermingling of the herds slid excitedly from the young one's mouth. "Your beautiful. Oh and your eyes..." The second part came as an afterthought when the younger's eyes landed on her own pink ones. Forcing a soft and fleeting smile the mare lowered her skull ever so slightly, only just letting her harks loose from the tangled mane. "Thank you for the kind words." Her own lyrics in reply were slightly stiff and under used from the lady warrior's lack of social skills.
It didn't take long after the little transfer of words between the two of them before another stallion showed his face. He was a pale creature, who's personality seemed quite a bit bubblier than the other two standing around. "Good day, hello Abisha." The pale stallion's blue eyes lingered on the painted fillies face for a moment or two before switching over to her. An odd interested light flickered in the back of the stallion's pools as he looked at the markings that graced her pelt, fidgetting uncomfortably with all of the attention she was attracting to herself Cheveyo adverted her pink eyes from the trio only to hear the stallion speak to the younger paint once more, this time telling her that he could lead her to their Cheiftess. Harks twitched slightly as her nerves settled slightly, he was something of some kind of importance considering he had the nerve to go right up to the busy mare and introduce some broad who yearned to be a member of the herd. A herd that was no longer in ranks just like the whole rest of Helovia. Sighing the mare allowed her pools to drift away from the little group she had standing around her, looking out over the masses of equine in the Sanctuary. As unnerving as it was to be around so many of the creatures, it was good to see that there were a decent number of them that were uninfected.
"No harm done miss, no need for apologies. My name is Ciceron." The deeper baritones of the darker hued stallion caused her skull to swivel back to the creatures who stood before her. Ciceron she rolled the name over and over again in her grey matter. It didn't really click as much as she was half expecting it too. It was further proving to Cheveyo that she really didn't get out and about as much as she probably should, especially if she wanted to get anywhere other than just your everyday grunt position. Nodding slightly she offered a gentle tug at the corner of her rosy kissers. "Pleasure to meet you all, I am Cheveyo." As she was speaking the mare noticed the form of the little cub slowly fading away, almost as if it were being blow away in the nonexistent breeze. Nares flared as her pink eyes grew slightly and her skull tilted to the side, with a feeling of coolness washing over her frame the little animal was gone. Fighting her jaw's need to hang loose at the cubs sudden disappearance the mare looked up at the dappled steed looking for an answer but only finding sadness. Not really knowing what to say that would console the massive creature she took a careful step towards him to brush her pale kissers against his shoulder in a gesture of comfort, hopefully letting him know that he wasn't alone in the feelings of losing someone so deeply cared for.

"Words words words."
Tags;; @[Abishia] @[Ciceron] @[Arrane]
Notes;; ~Sorry this took so long guys.
Words;; Eight Hundred and Sixty Seven

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!