the Rift

[OPEN] Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa)

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
There is only one way to stymy a bully: "I know it's hard, but you have to ignore her." Whether Elsa had done so consciously or not didn't concern Moniz. All she knew was that she had dangled the bait and her winged fishy did not bite.

How disappointing.

Moniz watched distrustfully as Elsa's white wings extended outwards magnificently. With their pearly coloration, they reminded her of the wings of an angry swan who had chased her around a placid little lake when she was a filly. She snorted, a noise intended to reflect disinterest but instead revealing only further curiosity. Her eyes probed the extent of the wings, roving from the tips of her feathers down to her shoulder joint, unsure whether she was a cat studying its cornered prey or the unsuspecting worm destined for the belly of the early bird. The mare who prided herself on always being ready with a witty retort was left momentarily speechless, and she hated herself for being so openly and obviously stunned.

A pegasus, she called herself. One of many. The wheels of Moniz's mind did not work with stunning speed, but she steadily deduced that there must be others of these winged horses, and that they were called pegasus. The yellow light bouncing off the cave walls twinkled pointedly across an image that clearly depicted a similar creature, very nearly begging her to make the connection.

As Moniz was processing these thoughts, she realized Elsa's confusion at her reaction. A thorn of irritation nestled firmly beneath her skin, prickling against her as she breathed. The pegasus had explained her appearance as if it were totally normal; as though Moniz were the freak for her ignorance. She gritted her teeth, flicking her small ears backwards in a false display of being unimpressed. Finally, as she finished being annoyed and putting two and two together, a reaction began to solidify in her brain. The clenched jaw relaxed into a small, unpleasant smile.

"Of course, girl," She forced a note of condescension into her voice as she puffed her chest out and stepped menacingly towards the other mare, trying to make her small stature more imposing. Once the words were spoken, it was as though she had caught her voice once more: the rest of her thoughts spilled from her easily. "But birds were meant for the treetops and skies. What are you doing --" She paused to move still closer, "Trapped down here with the rest of us earthbound creatures?"

Personal space? Moniz had no need for it, nor did she feel the need to grant it to others. The cramped quarters of the underground sanctuary may actually suit her just fine.
CREDIT: personal photography

Messages In This Thread
Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Moniz - 01-28-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Elsa - 01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Moniz - 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-01-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Moniz - 02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-04-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Moniz - 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Moniz - 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Serenade me with rocks, love (Elsa) - by Elsa - 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM