the Rift

[OPEN] [FOOTHILLS]Demons in Our Midst

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Worry danced in and out of the painted warrior as she looked over her home. Everything that had been nice and quite peaceful for once was falling to shambles around her, unlike any other war that had ransacked the world around her this one didn't seem like it was going to be able to be won. At least not without more causalities than they could handle at the time being. Pink pools shifted about uncomfortably as she thought of how many of her kind had chosen to leave their homes in seek of safer grounds, somewhere that the deities would keep them safe from the demons that plagued the Earth they lived on.
Maybe she was foolish for not following them as a mare in her right mind would, and of course the thought of tracking them down now had always crossed her mind. It still did to this very day, but the thought of running away now seemed like a surefire way of saying she gave up. And giving up just wasn't something she would ever do, fighting to her death had been bred into her through many generations of good strong warrior horses...and she wasn't about to dishonor her ancestors or Kawhu by running away when things got tough.
Flicking a ruddy hark the well muscled mare allowed a sigh loose from her rosy velvets, it seemed that things would never go over very smoothly in these parts. But the least she could do was try and help regain some of the very weak normality that laced the lands of Helovia together, she hadn't been able to save her rider there was no way she was going to fail those who had trusted her enough to make her a member of their herd. Long, pale hued tail flicked over her splashed and scarred barrel as she brought her thoughts back to the reality that was around her, everything carried a stench of death and rotting...a smell that no matter how often it lingered on the delicate skin of her nares she was sure to never grow used to it. Curling the soft pink skin the painted mare turned away from the hill top she had been standing on, she had been standing here for too long and Cheveyo knew it wouldn't be long before she was spotted and hunted like a deer.
Shaking her skull as she walked back to the little hide away she had found, a safe distance from the last place she had seen one of the infected creatures, she began to wonder if it would have been wiser for her to follow what was left of her herd to safety? It would be easier to protect them when she could see them and the danger they would undoubtedly put themselves in. Stretching her stride out a little the mare picked up the pace from her easy floaty trot into an easily ground-eating canter that brought her upon her peaceful hide-away in little to no time.
A creeping feeling of something being off was beginning to grow on the painted mare as she grew closer and closer to her resting spot. Slowing down ever so slightly the mare felt the flame hued hairs on her back begin to stand on end as the stench of death grew stronger than it normally was around these parts. Changing up her normal path ever so slightly the painted warrior made it so she would go up behind one of the trees that grew near her spot, petal pools glanced about the rough bark that was rubbing against the soft skin of her nose only to see a mangled and rotting form sniffing at the place she normally laid.
Chestnut harks slammed back against her skull as different scenarios played through her grey matter, she could charge and fight the creature. But from what she had witnessed that normally led to the healthy one turning into one of them, not to mention it probably wasn't alone. So that left one and only one option, leaving. Biting the insides of her cheeks the mare turned and headed out of the Foothills, leaving what had been her home behind her in search of the family she had grown to care for.
Sides heaved as the painted mare slid into the hole in the ground that was saturated in the scents of the many different equines who were hiding out in the Heart of Helovia. Apparently this was one of the only places not infected and unreachable by the demonic creatures who had once been loved ones in everyone's lives. Pulling herself together slowly the mare took a few steps before placing her sweat soaked skull against the smooth rock wall, enjoying the feeling of the cool stone against her steaming facade. The buzzing sound of equines mingling down the stone pathway that she assumed led into a large clearing that everyone was gathering in, rang in her harks as her lungs sucked in as much oxygen as they possibly could.
Cheveyo had known that the outside world was getting bad, but after seeing that creature with it's intestines hanging from a hole in it's side as an eye dangled from it's socket, she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to keep down the few bites of grass she had ingested before going to her lookout. Swallowing hard the mare took a few steps away from the wall and looked down the short tunnel knowing eventually she would have to go face the masses...but for the time being she was content standing here replaying that gruesome sight over and over again.

"Speech"
[Tag: @[Alleo] & open]
[Words: -9-5-8]
[Muse: Follow Your Arrow by Kacey Musgrave]
[Notes: Woot, audition post put to good use. Anyone is welcome to join in!!<3]

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

It had become very rare that Alleo ventured toward the opening of the Sanctuary. As much as he disliked being inside of the cave he preferred the rooms deeper into the cave system that had become a temporary haven. At least he hoped it was temporary. Today was different, though. The longing to see the sun again was too much for him to ignore and he found himself hoping with each step that he and Rasta took that the sun would be shining and there wouldn't be complete darkness in the world above.

He shouldered his way through the milling crowd of horses, making sure that Rasta had enough room and that she wouldn't be bumped by anyone much larger than her. The stallion was all too grateful when they finally were out of the crowd and traveling down the corridor that lead to the opening. The sound of hooves clinking against the stone floor made him pause in his steps and he motioned for Rasta to stay where she was before he continued forward as quietly as possible. He was well aware that it was quite possible that it was only another refugee, but it was also possible that it was one of the infected. If that were the case he could yell and give Rasta enough time to run for safety in the deeper rooms of the cave.

Alleo peeked around the curve in the hall and what he saw made him breathe a sigh of relief as he stepped forward to greet the long lost warrior. He cleared his throat to gain her attention if his sudden appearance hadn't already. "Well." He said, ears straining forward as he stared at the pink-eyed warhorse. "Look at what the cat dragged in." His gaze shifted from her to the opening above and he found himself frowning. The sun was shining, but it didn't have the same warmth that it usually had. It made him wonder if the darkness would eventually snuff out the sun and that made his heart constrict in his chest. "What made you finally come to your senses?" The stallion asked as he tore his gaze away from the sunlight and looked back at Cheveyo.

@[Cheveyo], @[Rasta]
ooc:// permission to place rasta with alleo from abba

"."

Semper

Red circles painted around the chestnut and white mare's nares flared in time as she sucked more and more of the much needed oxygen into her lungs. That run had nearly killed her and the fact that her normally fairly decent looking pelt was soaked in sweat, causing her flaxen mane to stick in random spots to her thickly muscled boa, gave the fact that her breeding wasn't made for running at that speed for such a long distance away. Coughing once the pink eyed mare placed her damp skull against the cool wall once again in efforts to pull herself back together entirely before one of the monsters decided to make a grand entrace...or worse, one of the equine who had made this place their home currently.
Much to the paint's dismay it didn't take long before the familiar sound of hooves hitting the stone ground was bouncing off of the walls to assault her back flicked harks with a strength she wasn't quite prepared for. The sound seemed quite amplified in the small passageway, the exact passageway that she had hoped to be occupying all on her own for at least a few more moments. But of course, as the gods would have it, this just wasn't her day. Not at all. As the sound grew closer the mare allowed a groan to flow from her throat as she took a weary step away from her cool wall, firey harks remained pinned back against her skull as they almost always were for her. It was nearly a trade mark if someone were to really think about it, the painted mare nearly never had her harks forwards or even relaxed unless she was in a really good mood. Something that as of late Cheveyo could honestly say she was never in. It was at this point that the sound of one clearing it's throat came barreling towards her, as if whoever the intruder was hadn't already made their presence known enough with their loud stomps in the hallway.
"Well. Look at what the cat dragged in." She could almost feel the surprise in the familiar voice as they drifted easily through the air, peeling back her ivory lids to reveal oddly pink eyes she looked upon the contrasting pelt of one of her fellow warriors. Alleo, he was a handsome stallion she would give him that, but at times she thought he opened his mouth a little too much for his own good. Nodding slightly in a greeting the mare realized her waste of energy in that movement was exactly that, a waste, the stallion's pale pools had drifted away from her and up towards the opening she had just slid through not too long ago. Snorting softly the mare rolled her tongue against the ridged roof of her mouth allowing the saliva to coat her once dry mouth before even attempting words. "It's getting worse out there." As much as the words pained her, it was the truth, the world they had once known was slowly being devoured by the creatures of the dead.
"What made you finally come to your senses?" As the baritones loosed themselves from his dark velvets his pools tore away from the opening of light to look at her once more. Shifting uncomfortably under his sudden gaze and the question she knew she was going to have to answer, the painted mare turned so she was facing the two toned stallion face on, worry danced across her features as her lungs expanded to their fullest capacity so she could force the next few words out. "Our home is no more." Swallowing hard the mare looked at the stallion sadly, he knew how very difficult it was for her to have left and find them. How hard it was to admit defeat against these monsters that were tearing Helovia limb from limb, but here she stood all in one piece physically while a number of her herd mates...former herd mates were out there ravaging the lands looking for any so unlucky to be uninfected and out in the open. Fidgeting uncomfortably once more the mare adverted her pools from the stallion's pale ones before asking a question that had been digging at the back of her skull since everyone but her had left the Foothills. "Did everyone make it?" Cheveyo couldn't help but hold her breath as she waited for the answer, preparing her mind to find out the worse but hoping and praying to every god she could think of that everyone would be just around the bend as chatty and happy as usual.

"Speech"
[Tag: @[Alleo] & @[Rasta] & open :3]
[Words: -8-0-7]
[Muse: Kacey Musgraves]
[Notes: -pets- I love her. <3]

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
It was back toward the opening of the cave. I was following Alleo today, and we were heading toward the one place that probably wasn't of smartest things to offer to me. I'd been wishing for the darkness to consume me as of late. It had to be a better alternative then seeing all of these images. Didn't it?

But, as we moved Alleo also made sure that my tiny frame didn't get trampled as we pushed through the crowds. And, as we came closer to the opening it was the sound of hooves that had both of us stopping. The movement he gave me only had me continue to stand there, a wide-eyed look upon my face as he started to go even closer to the opening. No. He didn't need the darkness. He didn't need to die, and it was only after he started to speak that I was stumbling over myself to get back to his side. All of his words had been a mumble, echoing in the cave walls back to me so I missed his questions. But it didn't matter, because if he was being swallowed I was too - nothing he could do would stop that.

Her words were the ones that I caught. It was getting worse out there. The Foothills was no more. Had everyone made it? I had no answer, I didn't know who everyone was. But I did know that if the herd lands were getting swallowed perhaps no where would be safe. I swallowed, finally pulling up to Alleo's side and pressing up against his frame. The glass trinket still firmly placed in my hair as I peered up toward the painted (in more ways then one) mare before us. I could only assume that he knew her, and I couldn't offer words still, so instead I just leaned up against him trying to be a rock should the information shock him.

Not alone. We're not alone.

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

ali

The stallion didn't have to call for Rasta to join him by his side once more because she came of her own accord. He supposed when she didn't hear the sounds of fighting or hear him yell for her to run she assumed it safe. Thankfully her assumption proved correct and he looked down at her as she pressed her tiny frame against his body. He touched his muzzle to her crest then looked back at Cheveyo as she finally spoke and confirmed what he had feared would happen. He had not expected the Foothills to fall completely so that bit of news came as a bit of a shock, but he had been through worse.

Losing the Foothills wouldn't break him.

"Its always darkest before the dawn." He said quietly as his gaze shifted to the light streaming into the cave opening. Her question was one that Alleo could not properly answer because he had not mingled with many of the horses that had found safety in the underground rooms. He spent most of his time watching over Rasta, trying to keep himself from going stir crazy underground, and discreetly looking for his family.

"I don't know." He admitted. "I've seen a few, but not many. Apollo has made it but I have not seen Phaedra or my sisters." His stomach twisted and his heart felt like it stopped beating as he admitted it. "I have not seen hide nor hair of either of our generals. The Dragon's Throat, World's Edge, and Aurora Basin members are also present. I think more of them were able to escape and come here than our own."

@[Cheveyo], @[Rasta]

"."

Semper

An odd dryness overcame the painted mare's mouth as she finished speaking to the much larger stallion, it was almost as if she had just decided to take a nice big mouthful of sand...without chasing it with water. It was just about then that a much smaller mare came into the scene, her light golden pelt nearly glowing in the soft light given to the tunnel by the entrance, she was small, even by Cheveyo's average sized standards. Small enough that Chev was actually worried she would break if something or someone were to even look at her the wrong way.
Harks flicked back slightly at the mare's silence, it was as if she was standing there soaking in the conversation between the other two like a sponge. It was slightly unnerving to be around someone who was quieter than herself, not to mention someone who was a complete stranger. But the way she snuggled up close to Alleo made Chev wonder if the small mare really was a stranger? Or if she had just missed the fact that the massive two toned stallion had a lover running around the herd, that was unlikely. But it had been a while since she had been in the presence of her herd. Were there any love children? Or simply just a new romance budding? Did they even know that there was something there?
Snorting softly the mare pushed the foolish thoughts from her mind, their affairs were nothing for her to worry over. There were more important things to deal with, like the fact that their loved ones were being turned into zombies and taking over everything that they held near and dear. Love or any kind of relations for that matter were the last thing the lady warrior were worried about, luckily it was right about this time that the stallion's baritones interrupted her thoughts and brought her crashing back to reality. "Its always darkest before the dawn." The sadness that had drenched his vocals flooded the tunnel they were standing in, fidgeting slightly the mare's pink pools looked the the two toned stallion sadly as his eyes drifted to the opening she had slid from not too long ago. Everything was wrong, they were the living ones, why were they stuck six foot under the ground?
"I don't know. I've seen a few, but not many. Apollo has made it but I have not seen Phaedra or my sisters." Swallowing harshly the mare offered a meek smile to the stallion before lowering her skull ever so slightly and allowing her rosy velvets to part just enough to let her lyrics loose. "Do not worry for your sisters, they are strong girls." Cheveyo had never had the pleasure of a conversation with her friend's siblings, but from the tales she had heard of them, they were tough and wouldn't give in without a massive fight that would lead to bloodshed on both parts. "I have not seen hide nor hair of either of our generals. The Dragon's Throat, World's Edge, and Aurora Basin members are also present. I think more of them were able to escape and come here than our own." Ivory lids blinked harshly over pink pools as they quickly adverted themselves from the eyes of the stallion before her. Their Generals were still missing? Flicking her long flaxen tail against her side harshly the mare snorted before looking back at her comrade with damp eyes.
She couldn't think of words to say in reply to his last statement, it appeared that things were worse than she had thought they were. It wasn't only the Foothills that were affected by these monsters. Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth once the mare turned her attention away from the monsters and instead focused on the golden creature she had thus far not paid any mind too. "My apologizes, I am Cheveyo of what was once the Windtossed Foothills." It felt so weird introducing herself, most of her herd knew who she was, the sullen quite little warrior that liked to keep to herself. But she had never seen this little mare before in her life, so introductions were at least a start.

"Speech"
[Tag: @[Alleo] & @[Rasta] ]
[Words: -7-3-4]
[Muse: Kacey Musgraves]
[Notes: -- <3]

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
She's got the power.
She's barely five foot two.
She's a hurricane.
I shuffled a little bit, my entire frame pressing up against his side even more as he touched his maw against my crest. My eyes peered up at the painted mare, watching as her audits seemed to flick back at the fact that I was so silent. Delicately I pressed my maw against his shoulder, breathing in his scent and trying to force the uncomfortable feeling that seemed to radiate from the fact that I couldn't speak in order to explain myself.

The mare told Alleo not to worry for his sisters and my eyes couldn't help but to widen. He'd been with me the entire time - his sisters! His sisters! Oh, we would go and search for them soon. We would have to. There was no doubt that he would be worried about his sisters. I would have to help him find them. And there was no way I was going to let this slide once I got the chance.

After a moment of silence between the three of us the painted mare spoke up again. An apology sliding from her lips before she offered her name. A gentle smile lifted my lips as I peered up toward her. A slight bob of the head in acknowledgement before I open my mouth. Again, no words come out - but by this point I am used to it. Tallsun had not come yet, that much was evident. So, I simply bobbed my head once more before giving Alleo a bump on the shoulder. No one could guess my name from charades, this much I knew. So, really, what was the point? I wasn't about to try that, it was too difficult to do that - too difficult to try. So, instead I stood there, keeping the smile on my face and keeping my strength stable by pressing against Alleo. I'd be fine - that much I knew.

No need to tag me each time!
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

ali

Alleo nodded his head as Cheveyo told him what he already knew; that his sisters were strong girls. Even though he knew how strong they were and that they were capable of taking care of themselves it didn't stop him from worrying about them. He had been their protector since they hit the ground and opened their eyes. He was responsible for them and if anything happened to them in this time of darkness he would never forgive himself. He worried over them day and night as he watched over Rasta and tried to keep her safe in all the ways that he had failed his sisters. As he looked over at Rasta he could see the understanding in her eyes that he still had not found his sisters and he knew he would probably have to answer to her for not searching for them like he should have. It was just another one of his faults that he would have to eventually make amends for.

"You're right." He admitted. "But the Constrictor was also strong and from the rumors I've heard she was taken by the darkness." Another glance was thrown at the cave opening as if he expected a wraith to come charging in any moment, but it remained empty and eerily calm. "From what I've heard there are many strong warriors that have fallen." His ears lay back against his head and he snorted, wondering if Cheveyo would be able to read his thoughts and know that he was wondering if it was only a matter of time before they all fell. Their safe haven couldn't last forever and with them all being trapped underground they were ripe for the picking.

"Did you see anyone else on your way here?" There was little hope in his voice as he thought the question was pointless. If Cheveyo had seen anyone worth saving the feisty mare would have gone after them and dragged them with her, wouldn't she? Alleo liked to think he knew his comrade well enough to think that she would, but fear could make someone do things they wouldn't normally do. Like hide in a cave underground and wait out a dark storm that was ripping the world apart right above their heads.

The stallion turned his head toward Rasta and watched her for a moment. Feeling her body pressed against his helped him to get a grip on the looming helplessness that threatened to shake his entire world. He had a purpose as long as she was at his side. He had someone to protect and someone to love, apparently. It made the corners of his mouth twitch upward for a fraction of a second before his attention returned to the painted warrior who introduced herself. "Her name is Rasta of what was the Dragon's Throat." He said. "She is mute until Tallsun."

@[Cheveyo], @[Rasta]

"."

Semper

Cheveyo eyed the golden mare warily as the smaller girl shuffled around the large stallion. It was odd to see Alleo with a mare, especially a pretty one that seemed interested in him. Inwardly the mare let loose an easy chuckle at the thought of Alleo and this pretty gold girl hitting it off and being some kind of an item. As if. The two toned stallion was too hard of a worker, he threw his whole heart into his work and the painted mare didn't think that there would be any room for anything else in his life. But she could always be wrong.
"You're right. But the Constrictor was also strong and from the rumors I've heard she was taken by the darkness. From what I've heard there are many strong warriors that have fallen." Rolling her shoulders slowly the mare fought to keep the look of the deep sadness she had been feeling from reaching the nearly stone-like expression she trained so hard to be able to have even in the toughest of times. The Constrictor was down, no longer a living being...she was one of those half rotten creatures that were ransacking their homes as they huddled under the Earth like a colony of rabbits. Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth in the lady warrior's typical nervous tick she noticed the stallion's eyes had drifted once more to the entrance. It was almost as if he was waiting for something bad to happen, one of those creatures to break through their safe haven and take them all down at once, offering him a soft smile the mare took a small step closer to the two toned stallion, feeling even smaller than she already had at a closer range. "Don't worry. There are enough of us here to fight." She wasn't going to tell him everything was going to be alright. There was no use in lying to the beast, things were obviously not alright. If they were, the entirety of Helovia wouldn't be where they are now.
"Did you see anyone else on your way here?" The stallion spoke once more, his voice sounding almost hopeful, but not quite there as the little gold mare shifted about by his side again. Her harks pinned on to the conversing pair as if she was taking in all of the information she possibly could. Sending a quick smile in the direction of the silent mare, Cheveyo decided that she did like this odd silent creature, she was quite observation...she only wished she could get her to talk about her opinion on this whole wraith thing. Looking back to the large stallion she shook her skull softly, she hadn't seen anyone that wasn't half rotten and smelling like death. A sad light flickered softly in the back of the mare's flower hued orbs, there was no one out there to save, if there was she sure as hell wouldn't be standing in here chit-chatting with old friends.
Snorting softly the mare's harks swiveled forward in an effort to lighten the appearance on her ivory facade. As her apologetic greeting rang clearly into the air around them, overpowering the soft murmuring that could be heard from the wide open clearing just down the tunnels from them. Expecting to get a vocal greeting from the gold mare herself she was surprised when Alleo's deep vocals rang out once again. "Her name is Rasta of what was the Dragon's Throat. She is mute until Tallsun." Surprise flashed across the mare's features before she had a chance to hold back the emotion. The gold mare was a mute? That explained the reasoning behind the plain observatiness that she was showing. Lowering her skull slightly the lady warrior nodded in understanding. "What is it you are questing for?" She spoke directly to the golden mare, knowing that if she weren't able to speak she would still want others to treat her like a normal creature. Flicking her flaxen tail against her splashed barrel the lady warrior almost felt bad for assuming it was a quest from the gods that the gold mare was on, but what else would cause one to lose their voice for such a long time?

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Alleo]
Words;; Seven Hundred and Forty Eight
OOC;;

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!