the Rift

[PRIVATE] one day i'll fly away [Rasta]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Quick. Gentle. No pain. It was the complete opposite of what I had expected. It had to have been my gasp for air that had caused things to click together in his skull. I felt sick. It was my fault that he was tensing up. Some kind of reaction was stirring up inside of him and it wasn't necessarily a good one.

I shuddered, stepping back and shaking my head. I could feel his ears fall back against his head and as I open my eyes to peer up to him I can see them straight back. And then, he is sighing. He said he thought I would like it. And I probably would have liked it had I not been so tortured for so long. Trust, that thing that was so easily broken and could ruin things so quickly when it wasn't given and it should have been. He was shrugging, but the tense muscles that I could feel with my eyes closed and peering down at the ground. He then said I didn't have to keep it if I didn't like it, and a few tears are sliding down my cheeks.

Why do I always screw up my chances to be happy? I always screw it up! I went to move forward, but his body turning around was what had me frozen in place. Screw up. Screw up. Screw up. Can't do anything right. He probably hates me right now. He probably hates my guts. I did something to break him without trying to. I couldn't stop that gut feeling. I couldn't stop the images. I can't change who I am. But I'd been hoping that I might have a new chance here. That maybe I could start over. Start over completely.

He doesn't leave, though. No. He'd still gone to the side, looming in the shadows to protect me like he said he would. A sad glimmer of hope is pushing me forward. My limbs trying to fill the space that is now between us. If there is anything that I can do to keep this relationship alive. I'd broken it. I need to fix this. The distance seems so wide, when I don't know if I have anyone and I just need someone to be there. I need to not ruin a chance at something like this. I need this chance at a new life, at a place to start over.

I pull up by his side and drop my maw down near where he was grazing. I try to meet his, and brush up against it, blowing out a small breath of air. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm breaking a little bit. Breaking way too much. I don't know what to say. I want to fix this, but I can't talk - I can't explain. I can't offer a reason for the way I had acted. I can't try and pick myself up. I have no ability to do that anymore. A gentle brush across his neck, if he so allows, and I try to lip at the amulet that I had given him - the one that he deserved, the one he had earned. I'm sorry. Forgive me, if you can.... And my maw rests against his heart.

Could he even forgive me? Was it possible?

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-30-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-31-2014, 10:36 PM