the Rift

[PRIVATE] one day i'll fly away [Rasta]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

He tried hard to slip back into the role of a protector and nothing more. He needed to cut loose whatever attachment had formed between himself and Rasta because she'd only asked him (in not so many words) to protect her. If anything he was probably supposed to stand off at a distance and watch her as she went about her daily life. Observe her and the actions of any other horses (especially stallions) that she interacted with. But how could he successfully do that now that he knew the depth of the emotions he was feeling when she was around him? The jealousy he felt when he saw her with other stallions made more sense and the desire for her to always be near and touching him also made a hell of a lot more sense and it made him sigh.

Alleo could hear his grandmother's voice ringing in his ears, telling him that he needed to be himself and not force himself to conform to the ideal that his father had held for him. He had spent all of his life being exactly what he was supposed to be and so little being who he actually was. With Rasta he could let his guard down and enjoy her company in a way he had been unable to enjoy many others. The mute mare had managed to squeeze her way into his heart, but in the same breath she'd managed to cut part of it away and he'd been fool enough to let it happen. And he would continue to be a fool because he had promised to protect her and he couldn't break his promise just like he couldn't bear to see her hurt.

She pressed against his side and lipped at his chest where his heart was then nibbled at his ear. His ear twitched and he tilted his head away as her whiskers tickled it. He then lifted his head completely and looked down at the small mare, his mind going a hundred miles an hour as he began to wonder what she was doing. "What are you doing?" He finally asked, though he knew that she woudn't be able to answer him. His gaze swept over her before settling on the clip in her hair.

"Do you like it?" He sounded unsure, but what if that was her way of saying thank you? He didn't understand why she would be saying thank you after she'd said no, but he wouldn't know for sure unless he asked and she could shake her head 'no' or nod her head 'yes'. "I know your old hawk is gone... but I thought you'd like it. I don't know if it looks like him, but if it does you could think of it like ... he's still with you. Or something..."

His ears fell back against his head again as his uncertainty shown through and he could have kicked himself because she'd made him lower his guard again. He'd opened himself up to her but this time he was prepared for her to kick him back into his place as her protector and nothing more.

"."

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Messages In This Thread
one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-28-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-30-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Alleo - 01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: one day i'll fly away [Rasta] - by Rasta - 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM