the Rift

[PRIVATE] Baptize Me In Blood

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The sun is old on water, yearling flakes came whirling by.

Silently she watched the boy climb into the pool, as she merely stared at it skeptically. Of course the waters would have no effect on him, his flesh was mortal and pure unlike her own decaying bones. That black blood of hers vanished when he dipped it into the pool. The beast made a low noise in her throat that sounded similar to a growl. Each leg at her side curled in and she backed away. Within that pool laid the demon’s demise and it knew it. Both sides of the spider were clashing in a war that cold compare to that of gods and titans. No longer could both reside in the shell. Either the demon would murder the child and bury her forever, or the child would exorcise her demon. Back and forth they went, sword on sword.

Their chosen king spoke and it caused the foes to cease their feud for the moment and watch. “There is more to that water than it seems,” the demon hissed. The child struck at the monster’s distraction. Without any hesitation the monster walked toward the water and she shoved her muzzle all the way in and took several greedy gulps. As soon as the water slipped down her throat, she threw her head back and released an ear curdling scream, pain consumed her every fiber. All of the spider legs at her sides curled in and slowly turned brown and began to crack, before they finally fell to her side and evaporated in a cloud of black smoke. Darkness shot out from the holes in her side, and flesh slowly began to form and seal up the two gaping wounds in her sides.

Her breaths came in ragged and fast as pain shot through her being. Pain! What glorious pain! She began to laugh through it all. Pain meant mortality. Pain meant the demon was dying. Pain meant she was free. Then the vision in her extra eyes began to fade as the black that oozed from them began to pour out in larger and larger streams, all at once both eyes poured out from their socket with the black, and they fell to the ground before the shadows at her feet consumed them. Her two sockets sealed shut and became mere flesh once more. All three of her horns began to crack and the set of ram horns fell from her head in pieces and vanished into nothing, while the pieces of her extended horn shattered and left the natural onyx spiraled sword that had been gifted to her at birth.

The demon held onto the thin threads that tied it to it’s vessel. With one last metaphorical snicker, the child snapped the cords with a flick and the demon lost it’s grip. Black smoke burst forth from her mouth and she released yet another scream as the fog rose to the ceiling. For a moment she was encased by the smoke, but once it passed no remnant of the monster she had been mere seconds ago remained. Even her paled coat shifted back to its sleek and dark state. Nothing would’ve told of the darkness that had inhabited her young flesh, all except for the look in her eyes.

She should’ve felt elated at her freedom. Instead she was overwhelmed with images. First, the darkness devouring her, and the painful transformation that had occurred within the shadow, and then the pain she had inflicted upon others. The screams of the mare who’s lover she infected, Kisaki’s apologies as she threw out accusatory words, the other hornless who in the end thanked her for the illness. All of this had been caused by her boredom. By her sheer need to be entertained and lack of contentment in the cold north. She couldn’t have been satisfied with the game the idiotic boy had given her. Nothing ever seemed to be good enough!

Overwhelmed with her sins, the spider felt tears sting at the edge of her eyes, and she let them flow, for if she contained it then she knew she might burst. Just as the tears came, so did the memories. The feeling of her flesh peeling away, her legs growing from her sides, everything came back and buried her. All of it was too much and she was now trapped ten thousand leagues underneath her sea of guilt and torment. The currents tossed and jerked her about, there was no escape from what she had done. Monster or not, Jorogumo knew that everything that had happened was caused by her own recklessness. Part of her wanted to run and hide, but there was nowhere to. Only darkness and monsters waited for her outside, and accusatory looks and judgment awaited.
Even though she had said there was always a place to run to, the spider realized that for once there wasn’t. The only place to hide was within herself. Bury it all and let it rot within a cold grave. For now though, she would let it sting. She would let herself feel, and that was solely because she had no other choice. Every fiber of her being was feeling at the moment. Sobs racked her frame, tears poured down her cheeks, her knees were shaking, and she was beginning to almost find it hard to breathe. “Haha wa, anata ga migi no watashi ga kaibutsudearu koto ga unmei dzuke rarete itata,” she whispered to herself through her mad sobs. “Naze anata wa migidenakereba naranakatta? Naze anata wa migidenakereba naranakatta? NAZE ANATA WA MIGIDENAKEREBA NARANKATTA!?” Her voice escalated with each and every word, slowly growing louder and louder with every word. By the end it was filled with complete rage and hatred. ”Anata no hahaoya chikushō. Imaimashī! Imaimashī! Imaimashī!”

There was relief with her violent screams and the fact she knew the idiot wouldn’t understand even the slightest syllable was a comfort. Her gaze flickered to the boy and she snorted as she felt her sobs cease and the tears subside, but no words came out. Nothing could be said after such a display.There had to be chambers where she could be alone, so began to walk away but then stopped when a thought hit her. Going into those tunnels meant facing the dark, and she was petrified of the idea of walking through a small dark space alone. She feared her demon lurked out in the shadows waiting for her to stumble into its path. Slowly she began to walk away “I know you won’t care, but I realized something… For the first time in my entire life I am completely lost, and most of all… I’m broken.”

[Haha wa, anata ga migi no watashi ga kaibutsudearu koto ga unmei dzuke rarete itata = Mother you were right, I was destined to be a monster
Anata no hahaoya chikushō = damn you mother
Imaimashi = damn you
Naze anata wa migidenakereba naranakatta = Why did you have to be right?
@[Reginald] ]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-01-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-01-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-04-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-06-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM