the Rift

[PRIVATE] Baptize Me In Blood

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The sun is old on water, yearling flakes came whirling by.

The boy arose, and so Jorogumo watched him with narrowed eyes as her own words escaped from her mouth. His response made her roll her eyes(though such a thing wasn’t noticable with that pale gaze of hers). Whatever, let him thrust about his opinions she didn’t care any longer. For a moment she glanced over her shoulder, to see if he was looking at her, but of course he wasn’t. That would make her departure all the easier. Sooner or later she would have to face her fears of the monsters in the dark, so it might as well been sooner. Down here it seemed as though the monsters weren’t around the corner. When she was one of them this place was a hole for rodents, not predators. The demon had known it’s death was here, so, she wouldn’t be leaving these caverns any time soon.

Distance grew between her and the idiot, the greater it was the better. This would be the final chapter in the spider queen and the arrogant boy, or that was what she thought. When the boy spoke, she turned her head but didn’t cease walking. When the second and then the third command came from his lips she frowned. Kneel? If he thought her brokenness meant surrender, he couldn’t be more wrong. The spider would humor him though She turned and began to walk toward him, and stopped directly in front of him. Slowly she lifted her head up and met his gaze. “No,” she said. Her tone deliberate and fierce. “You don’t own me, so you can’t command me. Heck, you’re not even a king. Get an empire then tell me to kneel. Or maybe talk to my mother and arrange for the ownership to be transferred... Oh wait, my mother is gone, so looks like I rule myself.” In that moment, the spider was her father’s daughter. Two beings bound by a refusal to bow. Two beings that believed themselves destined to rule. Jorogumo would never know the reflection she was of her sire, and in her case, ignorance was bliss.

The spider may have been broken, but her web was being woven together, this time stronger. Inside the child was dying and the queen was rising to her throne. All those tears that had been shed would be her last. Everything this boy had seen gave her a hold in her mind and perhaps even her heart. As much as she hated him, there was a certain admiration. This hulking beast radiated power and if he grew maybe even brute strength. Despite all that, she still wouldn’t bow.

@[Reginald]

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-01-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-01-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-04-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Reginald - 02-06-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Baptize Me In Blood - by Jorogumo - 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM