the Rift

[PRIVATE] when you feel my heat, look into my eyes [Alysanne]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

She didn't leave him hanging for long. Predictable. Always predictable. As she emerged, or rather planted herself in the opening that repelled his very existence, he moved to stand across from her. His steps are jerky and uneven but quick; his unusually skinny legs carrying him there in a short amount of time. Miykael keeps up his frail image: quivering where he stands, hanging his head low with the edges of his wings draped weakly on the dead grasses surrounding him. He looked damaged, melancholic even, but he did not allow his milky eyes to move from her face and her bright emerald eyes. The beast that once was Miykael was playing it up, grasping for her sympathy the way a child seeks for attention and approval. He longed for her - for her touch but also for her pain. All at once conflicted and torn.

"There you are, my sweet..." he murmurs, soft enough that she likely wouldn't hear. For all she knew, he stood there in silence. Quivering, but silent. The darkness and shadows surround him, drifting and curling like smoke around his legs. But he doesn't pay it any notice. Instead his focus is entirely, and without doubt, on her. Alysanne; dear, sweet Alysanne - she is the only light in the darkness. She is the sun and he is the oft overlooked shadow, disappearing into the background since day one. Miykael had rescued her time and time again, but none of that mattered now. The best she could do was take a small, shaky step toward him. He would have run to her, were the roles reversed. He would have embraced her, intent on never letting her go, as though he could will the sickness from her body and into his. HE would have tried, regardless of the potential consequences. Maybe it is simply a foolish notion, an illogical request but it solidified in his infected mind that he was more dedicated to her than she was to him. He had placed her on a pedestal higher than the heavens and she had simply used him.

Her apology, soft and barely audible, stung his heart and burned his mind. Though it was likely genuine, and were he his normal self he would know it to be true, his infected brain writhed in discomfort. "No." the single word is harsh, forceful and laced with anger and pain. "Don't...don't lie to me." his voice is softer now but his words are just as heavy. The beast trembling from the sudden surge of hatred never once allowed his milky, lifeless gaze to waver from her eyes - the emeralds that he once daydreamed about with a fondness only a lover could possess. The distance between them prevented the wraith from seeing the tears forming in her eyes but even if he could see it - would he even care? The real, uninfected Miykael would care, of course, but he didn't exist right now.

Alysanne spoke again, desperately trying to figure out a way to fix it but that only proved to aggravate the beast more. Her words are meaningless to him, he had more important things to discuss. "SHUT UP!" he shouts, the violence erupting from him; loud and heated, seeking to strike into her like lightning. "Just... shut up." he fidgets then, shifting his weight around but never really leaving his spot. Moving any closer would have caused him sincere discomfort, after all, so he avoided it vehemently. "I love you... Aly. I would die for you." and here he pauses, laughing suddenly - a sick, twisted, disbelieving laugh. "Wait.. I've already done that." he grins, menacingly, revealing the mouthful of sharp teeth he now possessed. "I've... saved you, healed you, been there for you whenever you needed me and yet... you chose him." his eyes, though cold and lifeless, still managed to glare at her across the empty space between them.

He fell quiet then, if only for a brief moment. The beast turned slightly to take a few steps to his right, dragging his wings carelessly on the ground. More feathers fall to the ground in his wake. "But where is he now?" he taunts her, grinning like the devil he had become. "He's left you, hasn't he? Left you... the way you left me." His infected mind has made him more chatty than normal, it seems, and brutally honest.

DON'T GET TOO CLOSE; IT'S DARK INSIDE
lines by tamme, colored/altered by sarah <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: when you feel my heat, look into my eyes [Alysanne] - by Miykael - 01-31-2014, 11:32 PM