the Rift

The Grand Arrival

Behemoth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Behemoth
i am not from this world

The forest floor shook with great force the moment his golden hooves made impact. You could feel the earth settling in the following moments. The leaves slowed their shaking, the dust settling in the hollow. A faint, foggy light filtered through the branches above casting a shady glow that made it hard to make out exactly what was around you. The kind of haze that obscured just enough to make you question your eyes. A rustling could be heard like that of feathers being shuffled back into place. An uneasy silence had crept through the normally chattering wilderness, as if all who lived there hidden in the underbrush had stopped to gaze at him. Something massive was slowly winding through the trees, ripples of gold and silver glinted in the fleeting morning sunlight. Between the tree trunks you could just make out the shape of feathers and a flowing silver tail trailing behind the creature. Once the steed had woven his way into a greater opening, one big enough not to constrict his being, he could finally be seen in all his glory.

An enormous set of wings tipped in black spread wide to reveal their secret. A pegasus stallion stood tall and proud, spreading his feathers while he had the chance. Being gifted with a pair of wings as large and grand as his had its downsides. Fitting into tight spaces was a challenge for him, his wings usually tucked close to his muscular frame. A long, curving neck thick with muscle and power held high a handsome face. The silver dapple stallion was tipped in dark chocolate on his face and legs that faded into a brown silver dapple along his body and neck. But what was awe inspiring about him was this coating of pure gold and silver that covered him from his back down into the rest of his coat. Swirls of silver laced over the gold and it shown metallic and bright. His mane was regal and thick, also bright silver. His noble face showcased his eyes which were a clear, light blue that stood out starkly against his coloring. The golden hooves which tipped his dark legs glinted as if made of of pure gold themselves. Never before had one existed quite like him.

Behemoth looked around after his stretch and felt quite unsure of where he was or why he was here. It was as if he had suddenly been dropped on another planet that he knew nothing of. His heavy head dipped down to sniff the earth and nudge at the forest floor, testing things. No one else seemed to be around to explain to him where he was. He lifted his head back to his gargantuan height and surveyed the area once more. This place seemed safe from any unknown danger that this world may be hiding from him in the shadows, so he would stay. Here he would wait until something came along to guide him.

Quinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Quinn
War does not determine who is right -
only who is left.

Vengeance. That was what all my focus was on right now. Vengeance for my distroyed honor. He would pay, oh, believe me. No one knew more about vengeance than the Hiria. And I would find him, break him down and make him a prison of glass, so that everyone can see that you do not mess with me!

Well, that was the plan anyway, but after running like a madman from the caves, I had no energy left. As I entered the forest of the Threshold, sweat soaked me. No training had made me weak and my journey home would be long. Well, so be it. I've done it once before and I could do it again. No problem.

I tried not to breathe too heavy as I began to walk, for if the darkness was here, it could find me easily. Better be ready to run on a moment's notice than become one of those wraiths. A cuckle built up in my throat and I let it out as I thought of myself as a zombie. What a sight for sore eyes!

Hold on a second. Did I see a horse through those trees? I stopped and lifted my head to be sure. Yes. And it did not look like a dead one, that's for sure. I could see gold, wings and a head. A flying head? No. This I had to investigate.

With long legs I began to find my way towards the horse, always with my head down so I could charge if I had to. Because I did not know if this was a friend or foe, I stopped at a safe distance before I spoke. "Who are you?"

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

The tall and graceful patchwork child made her way through the trees, her lean and regal frame maneuvered easily among the thin trunks. She looked about, waiting for someone to nurture and guide to fall before her hooves. The caring girl stopped, and looked on through the vegetation. A small dusting of snow had covered the Threshold on an icy blanket, the once lively trees covered in a deathly freeze. Soon, the last leaves that have survived will flutter to the ground, their delicate figure not crunchy, falling apart with the slightest touch. Then, after this, the trees will fall doormat, bare. She had yet to see the snow before, for the young soul was born only a little less than a year ago. She stared, marveling at the beautiful white that devoured the once green forest. But she didn't hesitate for long, a voice had reached her harks.

She flicked her long lobes into an alert position, now standing perfectly still, her girlish figure prepared to leap into a run at any moments notice. Steps is what she heard, and soon, she walked toward the sound. Her nares where flared, and led by the scent, she walked down a deer path. After about ten strides, she was greeted by a snow covered clearing. When her orbs met him, she held down a gasp. This Stallion before her, was utterly handsome. His large frame and striking colors attracted Abishia. The brute was so handsome, he was beautiful. This was a real man. She smiled wide, and raised her dome, knowing she would look well at his side. Even though the girl was young, she was large and mature for her age. Only the best of the best could tell her true age. The chestnut and white mare made her way across the clearing, long graceful strides paired with her lean bodice and beautiful face gave her a very pleasing look. She stopped about a horse length from him, and dipped her head. When she raised it, she flashed him a glamorous smile. "Greetings, darling." Her voice was soft and light, trimmed with an odd but admirable accent. Beauty radiated from her as she looked the fine brute over, her orbs resting on every part of him, noticing his thick muscular neck, large shoulders and long wings made her smile widen. Why, he just gets better and better doesn't he. She sensed an uncomfortable feeling of being watched, and caught sight of movement in her peripheral vision, but she chose to ignore it for now. "I welcome you to Helovia, sir." She said politely, then turned to the wood.

Standing almost in the shelter of the trees was yet again, another being. She was much smaller than the good looking brute before her, but was quite beautiful. She was dipped in dark colors and a white capped face. The beautiful patchwork girl dipped her head to the mare that was still a ways away, and offered her a warm smile, and kindred vocals. "Hello, miss. Pleased to meet you! "

{ Had to have flirty Abi come in here c: @[Behemoth] }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

From the crevice of the earth she ascended once again; weary and weak, hungry and fatigued, but Silas had insisted she move from that pit of despair. Like a nagging conscience he had pressured her reluctance to oblige relentlessly, drawing her from room to room; closer and closer to the stale old world which still did actually exist beyond the cave. The Zephyr had parted Africa’s side seldom, but during those few occasions he had danced through the wild skies, and the sheer ecstasy which their birthright entailed- she had both wings to draw upon, but he could feel the ach of magic in her mind; bubbling in her heart like a volcanoes core of molten lava. There was something new, and he wanted her to find it.

The air was not clean, nor fresh like it had always been. The foul stench of wraith lingered gruesomely, even though the Roc had convinced her that none roamed nearby, and Africa’s stomach turned and twisted repulsed. “It is foul.”
She told him quietly, slim legs trembling; warily guiding her across the parched clay of the Heart and into the stark openness. Africa’s pale eyes were peeled, gaping apprehensively as they scoured the estranged wilderness surrounding. It seemed so bizarre that she and Silas had explored every exquisite detail of his landscape- yet now; she could no more recognize it than fly to the moon.

‘...Concentrate!’ The smaller avian demanded suddenly, and the mare bristled beneath the soft drape of her cloak, in response. She could feel the urge, strange warmth within, but Africa was afraid of it more than excited- she could not fathom anything wonderful, amidst all the sickness and pain which had escalated around them. “I don’t understand it.” The young mare’s expression was mellowed, confused. The tenderness of her soul rose quickly to wash the bitterness from her glassy gaze, pleadingly, and Silas fluttered forward for the sake of moral support to perch upon her rump.

As he landed, the dappled mare’s eyes closed tightly- and though still the excitement was not there, she felt as she dabbled still deeper than she might have otherwise preferred, the sudden arc of energy as magic spewed through her veins. “I can feel it...” She gasped nervously, almost releasing the grip her mind had to draw it from its dormancy, “... but it hurts; it’s making my body ache horribly.” There was slight panic in her voice, an air of trepidation that the Zphyr could not at all relate to. His ability caused no agony, and he insisted that she not give up. ‘Focus...’ he told her again- and the skin around her charcoal eyes wrinkled gravely as she clenched their covers still tighter.

All of a sudden, a shriek of pain flooded the foggy, dark world around them, and Africa’s part-equine form shrivelled in what could only have been described as curling wind. From the breeze was expelled the frame of a bird; a parrot, whose mottled grey feathers reflected the bleak dappled mare which had been standing there. Blunt crimson tail feathers were flared as the creature wavered and flailed through the still, rotten air helplessly; her mind whirling with crazed confusion- she had taken the form of an African Grey parrot.

“I’m... Flying!” Her mind squealed, the pain still a dull throb through her now brittle core; but the sound of her voice as it hurled her bewilderment publically was naught but the raucous screech of her form’s natural tongue.

Silas wheeled higher above the Heart, the roofless heavens opening again to his beloved, and he invited her to follow eagerly, drawing her through the tight clasp of their bond. Together they soared north, while distraction forced Africa’s unhappiness from focus. Always the young Roc watched for her safety, but the ravenous wraiths never came hunting; perhaps they could not recognize the mare now- they had never shown any interest in those who were not Helovian horses.

They descended together through the canopy of the Threshold.

Leaves once bright, rich emerald, were now dull and sickly; suffering. The darkness was not so prevalent here, though drifts of sallow air curled wickedly through the mahogany corridors in warning to any wanderer nearing the rim of safety. The two birds descended rapidly, finding some strange peace in a region relatively unscathed. They drifted in silent unison, Africa far more nimble than she had ever been in Pegasus form, until she could bare the pain of her shape-shift no longer. “I need to let go,” her mind cried out suddenly, and the parrot began to tumble suddenly towards the ground- the stability of its form crumbling again into that thick, vaporous wind through which it had been birthed. As the ground rose, Africa’s eyes opened; she was ugly, a disabled mare again.

She hit with a sickening thud, and Silas swooped to fuss frantically about the slump of her winded body. ‘Africa!’ He called, ‘Africa’! The mare’s large pale face lifted towards him tiredly, her eyes parted quietly as they sought to ease his stress. “I’m fine,” she soothed, her voice barely a whisper, “...no more pain.” And it was true, the pain roused by the new magic had shrivelled away to nothing and she felt worn out, but normal. Though the gifts of safety, swiftness and flight had been marvellous, the young grey cringed at the thought of morphing again- it was not a comfortable ability.

After the mare had found her feet, rested a small while, and recovered what energy she could (given her ailing health), she and Silas wandered between the trees searching for the sake of old times; for something to entertain the expedition into the Threshold forest. It was the sound of voices which pulled them from thought, and Silas wandered closer between silently stroking wings to find who lurked head. Two mares lingered in the company of a stallion, engrossed in conversation, and after the Zephyr’s clearance Africa meandered forward too. These days, conversation came not easily- much the same, her smile could only reach half the length of its former glory. “Hi...” she offered to all as she neared, noting quickly the painted girl who had flirted so grossly with her former friend.

Image Credits
Table by Clo too. <3

Unregistered

Behemoth
i am not from this world

It wasn't long before someone found him here. He could smell their scent on the breeze before he saw them. It was a mare, a mare who smelt weary and on edge. He could sense her cautious aura before he turned to find her amongst the trees. An older mare with horns growing from her face spoke to him from her hiding place. She demanded an answer from him immediately. He could tell she was no one of high stature or importance and thus was confused and a little put off to her demanding questioning of someone such as himself. His crystal blue eyes narrowed upon the dark mare, her white head glowing against the darkness. "And who are you to ask in such a way?" His large head rose with distinguishing nobility above her. Before he could continue on with his displeased string of thoughts, another was with them.

It was another mare, this one much younger and much less defensive. Actually, the complete opposite. A tall, chocolate and cream mare came towards him with a lustful gaze in her eyes. There was nothing special about her. She had no wings, no horns, nothing particularly noteworthy. He raised an eyebrow questioningly at the stranger. She danced around him, looking him over and speaking to him in a flirtatious tone which was completely uninvited. The stallions eyes grew confused and his face gave the impression that he was totally caught of guard now between the defensive mare to his left and the flirtatious one before him. He ruffled his feathers into place with slight displeasure and fixed his massive wings closer to him, feeling very uncomfortable. As he opened his dark maw to speak, looking for the right words to express this awkwardness, yet another mare had emerged.

He shook his head slightly as he became slightly overwhelmed at the amount of feminine beings that had suddenly found their way to him. This one was a dappled mare of greys and whites who was like him, a pegasus, but was missing a wing. He had never seen that before. She made her way uneasily towards the group and softly spoke a greeting as she neared them. "Uhhh hi..." He quickly shot a hello back to her as he looked from one mare to the other. The massive steed had never felt quite like this before. He had never been to this place and had no idea what to expect, but this certainly wasn't it. Behemoth was a strong, noble brute who glowed with regal attributes and importance. He had expected something much different to be awaiting him here. Either a great foe to face him or someone of importance and power to speak to him about important matters. He was not looking for a party of mares to enclose upon him and all with varying demeanors from slightly aggressive to love struck to timid and shy. He didn't know how to deal with this. The huge stallion backed up slowly, his golden hooves glinted like metal against the ground and he opened his wings and flapped them slightly, their huge oversized wingspan causing a burst of wind in the hollow they were so powerful. He reared his head a bit and brought his wings back to his side as he now stood back far enough to have all of them in his gaze at the same time. "Listen. I have never been to this place before and was hoping to find someone of importance to speak to. I am assuming none of you ladies hold any positions of power in these lands, however things may work here. If you could direct me to someone of more....use...." He looked around questioningly at all of them. What was he supposed to do with a group of girls?

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

All reservations aside for the sake of humility and the two strangers present, Africa held a mild level of composure. The cool Frostfall wind twirled playfully through the long tendrils of her grotty-grey mane, whipping into loose tangles that undoubtedly would take her young Zephyr friend a good portion of the evening to remove- certainly she held little value in the way she presented. The stallion, as soft creamy eyes surveyed him, seemed uncomfortable; displeased perhaps given the crowd amassing for his own sake. He returned her lowly greeting for the sake of their kinship (she figured- as was the common courtesy between their winged sort), though it seemed brisk, and lathered in the uncertainty rising to flood the crystal quality of his bright blue eyes. Never the less, the one-winged mare nodded respectfully.

Rapidly, he glanced between the trio of unique mares- each a class of its own, all three undoubtedly with swoon-worthy reasons he should choose to follow them home. Africa found herself smiling suddenly, her passive gaze also sweeping by each part-horse present; she had no true motive to whisk him from this brim of Helovia, but she knew well that they could not shelter beneath the gnarled arms of this forest for long. Not while wraiths and all manner of undead wolves hunted across the lost world. At last he began to reverse- not the reaction she had expected entirely, but one that was accepted without opposition. Africa too stepped from the zone of the conversation, heeding the not so subtle request for space; and relishing in her own small realm of privacy there.

Silas had settled relatively quickly atop the fleshy curve of his bonded’s sleek rump, though as she rocked beneath, each star-glittered wing spread to balance him through her manoeuvre. Lilac eyes, sharp with raptor’s ferocity, narrowed upon the great male as his enormous wingspan unfurled, and wary cluck rose through the flurry of wind stirred as each thrust its might partially towards the arc of mares. Though not coherently able to understand the language, both in tongue and body language, of the Helovian horses, he knew vaguely the forms of aggression and assertiveness that had the potential to do his beloved harm.

The stallion came to rest once more however, quite still upon burly brown legs beneath; and Africa could feel the tension soften through the stance of her companion above. Soon enough the silvery maned Pegasus began to speak- crudely she thought immediately, and drew a breath to last the remainder of his rather gruff introduction. "You would do well to not assume so hastily..." She offered first through a delicately careful smile, tilting the pale expression of her face slightly to one side to eye him more closely. "The structure of these parts has been abolished until the lands can be cleansed of the darkness suffering it." The lonely wing to her side opened a little to meet another surge of snow-tinged wind and it gathered blissfully beneath, burning the warmth of her barrel there with its bitter brush. "I am Africa, once Oracle of the Dragon’s Throat herd."

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Unregistered

Behemoth
i am not from this world

He had wondered if he had made a mistake. How had he gotten here anyway? The memory of it almost did not exist. He closed his mind's eye and tried to remember, but all he saw were bursts of light and gusts of wind like a vortex coursing around him violently. Why this place? What greater power had brought him, here? This place seemed too simple so far. Nothing unique, nothing foreboding. For such a grand creature as himself filled with power and promise, he needed a place that would allow him to burst forth with importance. But so far, all he had gotten was a group of rather unimpressive mares and a quiet forest. A heavy sigh left his massive chest as he shook his mane from his face. He stood there for a moment after his little outburst, awaiting a response. But then he got one he was not expecting.

From the mare who was the last one he figured to be of any great importance, due to her shy demeanor and broken body, came an answer. She said she was an Oracle, from a heard he did not know of but by its name sounded important. Another thing that caught his attention was the mentioning of a darkness suffering the lands and the fact that there were no herds anymore. That was a good sign, for no current herds would make it all the more easy for Behemoth to gather power here. But what was this darkness? A confused yet intrigued look came across his face and he looked quickly to the other mares before walking closer to this grey female. He quickly dismissed them and stood before her, a monster of height and width his great wings impressive and commanding. Maybe he had found something useful after all.

"Oracle you say? I should not have dismissed the idea so quickly. But let us take our leave and you can inform me of this....darkness...for I know not of it or of this place." He spoke with a gruff whisper as to speak only to hear and not to the others. He motioned with his regal head towards an exit from the clearing where they should take their leave. He would walk with her and learn from this, Oracle. Maybe she had something worth knowing. His powerful hooves of metallic gold clinked on the ground as his mighty legs began to shift and the massive beast made his way out of the clearing, tucking his great wings in close to him. He turned back over his shoulder, silver locks flowing from his nape and nodded at her to follow.