the Rift

Meet me here, let me tell you a story. [Resplendence's Immunity Item to Archibald]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Malleable software mine for the taking, though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me? You spoke only to flee, such a pity, ugly duckling, fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. Meet me here, let me tell you a story.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere is safe.

though it seems something has already been taken
Oxy took her companion orb.

You spoke only to flee
In the cave where Archibald was present she had an outburst then ran off.

ugly duckling
duckling = pegasus reference

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Irrydae is safe

though it seems something has already been taken - HER HEART BY EVERS ??

You spoke only to flee - fleed from Evers at the beginning

duckling - pegasus

let me tell you a story - storyteller
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Neither mares are wanted: I do not want a petty storm nor do I want a storyteller. Neither are of use. Leave me before I change my mind about giving you a firm lashing.

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx defends herself.

"Malleable software mine for the taking, though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me? You spoke only to flee, such a pity, ugly duckling, fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. Meet me here, let me tell you a story."

Malleable software - Gold is malleable, and she has gold horn/stockings
Already taken - Tied in with the next lines, Illynx was already infected when she told Deimos to run.
Spoke only to flee - Told pretty much everyone who came in contact with the wraiths while she was present to run. :|
Fear trembling - was quite afraid before the transformation took her.

Long shot but yeah. D: I'm paranoid.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

I have no need of you, Ice Queen, now move or you will see your end.

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
Nyx protects herself!

Malleable software - reference to the frequent use of silver in her posts/fur colour
Spoke only to flee/fear trembling - her fear of Loretta
Ugly duckling - she's a wraith at the moment and ugly as sin!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Nyx is not sought. Leave, or I'll remind you of your pain.

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie
Jorogumo protects herself.
"A spider is a difficult thing to catch, even if it is young. Try harder next time."

Malleable software mine for the taking - easily influenced (young, already molded by Illynx)

though it seems something has already been taken - abandoned by her mother.

You spoke only to flee, - big mouthed, and taunted Reginald into playing a game with her.

such a pity, ugly duckling, fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. - Frequently refers to herself a predator, personality also can be viewed as snake-like

Icon by Bronzehalo

I have no use for you, weakling. Leave me. You are not sought.

Through the ages of time

please tag me
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
Gaucho hopes it is not He who you seek.

I am surprised you steal Dauntless, when you could fight.

Gaucho protects himself.

Malleable software mine for the taking -- Reference to when Archi basically tore his nose piercing out of his nose.

though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me?

You spoke only to flee - Told the DT to get to the caves.

such a pity, ugly duckling - Peg reference.

fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp - Companion ref.

Meet me here, let me tell you a story.
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

I do not need you. Leave me and go find something that will help us in this darkness!

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo tucks his tail and retreats.
(It's a long shot, but may as well)

Meet me here, let me tell you a story. - Fluff

Malleable software mine for the taking, - Is easily over-ridden by his "demons."

though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me? - Reference to how he speaks to, what seems like, himself.

You spoke only to flee, such a pity, ugly duckling, - Fails in standing up for himself. "Ugly duckling" could refer to his normally patchy coat and unhealthy hooves.

fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. - Constantly on edge and nervous.

Meet me here, let me tell you a story. - Fluff
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Voodoo was not sought, I seek no colt painted in false blood.

RESPLENDENCE WAS SOUGHT

Malleable software mine for the taking, --> Malleable = gold eye reference. Res has gold eyes, gold is a malleable substance. || Software = When you google her name a software brand pops up. I know this is a backwards, uncountable clue, but it sounded good in the prose.

though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me? --> Missing her ear, someone "took it". When someone does not hear they often ask "pardon me?"

You spoke only to flee, --> History reference. Her parents only taught her to talk in case she had to leave her homeland.

such a pity, ugly duckling, --> Her parents never called her pretty. History ref.

fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. --> Fear trembling = she was afraid when she was left to fend for herself. History ref. || Serpent's grasp = she has a dragon bracelet "grasping" her leg.

Meet me here, let me tell you a story. --> Connection to title. Fluff.

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Malleable software mine for the taking, --> Malleable = gold eye reference. Res has gold eyes, gold is a malleable substance. || Software = When you google her name a software brand pops up. I know this is a backwards, uncountable clue, but it sounded good in the prose.
0| Malleable maybe, software was just kind of confusing to me.

though it seems something has already been taken—pardon me? --> Missing her ear, someone "took it". When someone does not hear they often ask "pardon me?"
+1| Both good clues in my mind

You spoke only to flee, --> History reference. Her parents only taught her to talk in case she had to leave her homeland.
0| Another kind of meh clue for me, sounds more like somebody that said something and ran away rather than learned to speak in case they needed to run, but I don't think it was outright misleading.

such a pity, ugly duckling, --> Her parents never called her pretty. History ref.
+1| Good.

fear trembling up the serpent’s grasp. --> Fear trembling = she was afraid when she was left to fend for herself. History ref. || Serpent's grasp = she has a dragon bracelet "grasping" her leg.
+1| Fear also draws to mind her personality- good clues!

+3 total from me- Pass.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
FAIL

0| [color ref] Ultimately I fail this clue because out of the whole line the only truly applicable clue is malleable and that can mean so many things. If you had hinted in some way towards eyes or vision that would have made this plausible, but as is gold is a color that does not make me think Resplendence, and I have to even come up with gold through malleable, which could imply so many other things or colors (aluminium/silver for instance). Malleable software initially made me think of someone gullible or easy to manipulate which is not the clue you're applying.

0| [appearance + history ref] Much like the above clue this is just too broad for me to fit it to the certain region of resplendence you're referring to much less Resplendence period. I could easily apply this clue to any number of Helovia characters. The pardon me part was a good attempt to link it to hearing, but that didn't click with me at all, especially since from what I know people say any number of things when they haven't heard you.

+1| [history ref] Great clue!

0| [history ref] This was a difficult one, because I get the clue once explained, but just looking at the clue alone it doesn't exactly fit. The clue points to ugly, not a lack of being called pretty, and in her profile it does not say her parents called her ugly, just that they never said she was pretty. If your clue was more along the lines of her never being called pretty it would have been more passable, but just saying she's ugly isn't in the history plus she did meet someone who did call her pretty later on.

+1| [personality & Item ref] Great clue!

0| Not a clue

2/3 necessary to pass
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Rayo the Reindeer Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 21
Rayo
-- 0 | Malleable does not necessarily make me think of gold - truthfully I only see this pointing to 'metal' which has nothing to do with Resplendence that I can tell.

-- 0 | I just don't feel like this is specific enough. I get it NOW, but prior to the reveal I just couldn't see what this meant.

-- +1 | Good history reference.

-- 0 | Not so good history reference - it doesn't really point to history to me.

-- +1 | Fear = more of a personality reference, but definitely points to Res!
-- +1 | Serpent's grasp = good appearance/item reference.

-- 0 | Fluff.

With a total of +3, this is a PASS for me as well.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd

0| Lots of metals are malleable. This seemed more like a reference to someone who could craft metals, rather than indicating one specifically. Malleable eye, would have been better.

0| Res was born without an ear. It wasn't taken.

+1| Yep!

+1 | Yep. This made me think of the story of the ugly duckling, which seems to sort of fit Res nicely in this context.

+1

This is three for me: pass.