the Rift

A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Midas, your table isn't closing properly :/ )

How many times had he trodden these familiar paths? How many times had he slipped among the trees, like a wraith haunting the living? Assessing - watching - calculating - judging. Sometimes he slipped by those gathered there, never bothering to approach. Tonight, he drifted alone, until a soulful cry for help cut across the silent air, startling a flock of birds into noisy flight. No matter the creature calling it out, hornless or horned, such things were always interesting. Without hesitation, the white beast powered into a canter, easily eating up the ground below him in a quick lope. He'd traversed the forest so many times, that he knew it well - perhaps he'd not seen every single inch of it, but he knew the pattern of its roots and the colors of its rocks. He knew it well enough to run swiftly without getting injured or falling.

Like a flash of godsent white he came upon them; an emaciated, thin mare, a dull horn protruding from a dirty forehead, and a black-and-white unicorn startlingly similar to the one they'd killed in the Edge. For a moment, Mauja wondered if he saw ghosts, but there were differences, and he certainly smelled real enough. The mare said she needed a place to stay before collapsing muzzle-first in a puddle, and the King felt his conscience twitch. She was a unicorn, and one in bad shape, too. "It's alright," he said in a low, soothing voice, stepping out beside the pegasus. He smelled like the Throat. A comforting noise rumbled in his chest, and he bent his pale head to touch his soft muzzle to the mare's cheek, blowing hot air onto it. "We just need to get some water and food into you, and some rest. Then you can come home to my herd - we have a skilled healer there." Gently he tried stepped around her to nudge her shoulder, trying to encourage her to get up. "You can lean on me, it's okay," he murmured.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open] - by Mauja - 08-16-2012, 09:03 AM