the Rift

A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The effects of his presence seemed to pay off almost immediately. She softened, relaxed. Tenderness for this lost soul began to radiate, he was such a sucker for the troubled hearts of this world. Sunblessed eyes blinked as the silence dragged on; she appeared to be tracing over every square line and curve, making a memory of remembrance. Their gaze locked in a timeless series of seconds to which he was forced to count breathing patterns in attempt at warding away awkward thinking. He scowled inwardly at for it never once occurred to him that she might hadn’t ever seen a winged beast before; he had thus approached as if the babe was one of his own species. Though his encounters with unicorns had been thus far limited, it wasn’t surprising or hindering toward ideals of compassion. Prejudice only went so far in these lands—a herd which he didn’t count himself among. Folks with small minded thinking such as those that were of prejudice tendencies. A soft murmur of sweet relief trailed past coal lips when she broke silence with words.

“I’m Leyra. I've been traveling for days. I need some where to stay for a while.”

Leyra. It spun around his mind for a moment before neatly sliding into an, ‘has met,’ folder. Pushing forward a rather refreshing smile he mustered up an easy reply, “It’s a pleasure Leyra,” skull dipped sharply before settling parallel, “I am called, Midas,” it was a strain to keep from sighing out his namesake. The weight of travel already beginning to sink into lightened bones; keeping the conversation going he added with hints of assurance dripping free, “Rest ma’ lady, gain your strength and if you wish it, when body feels ready I will take you to a cool spring,” bowled out features moved to rise above, with direction lingering toward the darkened wood around them, “it’s refreshing waters are not far, and would suit multiple purpose.” She rose then, or at least put forth an effort only to crumble forward into a likening position as the first. Frame leaned inwardly toward offering assistance, but the motion came too late for she had already settled.

Poor lass.

“Be easy,” he murmured, limbs curled to lower heavy bulk toward earth. Wings tightly strained themselves against his hide with right appendage loosening to hang behind comfortably. He didn’t force closeness upon her, but neither pulled away. Skull remained erect and watchful, lightly he soothed out, “From what land have you hailed?”

His actions and words would be for nothing after a moment. Another essence slithered toward them, unfamiliar, yet—at the same time noticeably familiar. Other herds; particularly another unicorn. His soft white pelt came into sight, brightened horn shinning. Words came forth, Midas listened silently and took the sidelines to see how everything would turn out.

Word count: 473
OOC: Looks fine to me O.o;?

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open] - by Midas - 08-16-2012, 09:33 AM