World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

The sight of the horrifying, bleeding paint replayed constantly before my eyes, his attack on Psyche unable to leave my mind even as I fled through the skies and over the expanse of the deep forest. I had failed at protecting the Lady of the Basin, allowed that... that thing to bite her and turn her into one of them. I'd been reluctant to leave the one I once thought so bitterly of, for in the brief moments we had gotten to speak, there was something undeniably different about her. But upon her turning into, well, whatever it was... I had fled like a coward, unknowing of what to do.

Tears stung at my face as I flew, the billowing wind pushing them back and down my cheeks, leaving darkened lines along the hide. As I flew, my eyes kept ever sharp for anyone else who was still out in the open and prone to attack, but I'd not been fortunate enough to find any. So I had set my course for Helovia's Heart, lacking the stragglers I promised to have bring with me, and instead returning with nothing more but a heavy heart and teary eyes. 'Stop it,' I cursed myself as I neared the cave entrance, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

Some little voice in the back of my mind screamed, reminding me that I was still just a boy, powerless to do anything. It told me that I was a failure, and of that I couldn't agree more, and made me ponder if anything I had ever done had ever even mattered. It dared tell me that I would forever live in the shadows, and my ears flickered back as the thought invaded my skull. Mother forgive me; I wanted to be the light in the dark, that shimmer of hope at the end of the long and hopeless tunnel we'd all been thrown into.

Slowing myself, I made a spiral pattern as I descended from the skies and to the mouth of the cave, ever careful as I maneuvered the slippery ground and keeping my wings outstretched for more balance. More or less sliding to the bottom, I looked briefly around the room with expression still downtrodden, but carried myself beyond the simplistic entry-room to the magnificent cave system we had all taken refuge in.

Just beyond the first and most visited room lie one with paintings along the wall, a light flickering from high above to illuminate them. I came to a halt before the wall of etchings, simply staring in silence as my mind pieced them together. But my head wasn't clear, and though I was truly interested to pick the story apart, I had other things to make sense of right now. With a trembling exhale, I stepped forward and craned my neck to the side, pressing my cheek against the cool and slick wall near one painting that resembled that of my Mother. "Mother," I whispered, voice nearly breaking, "Save us."

"blah blah blah."

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
She wanders, footsteps gentle as she dances through the caverns. Dark pillars move gracefully, carrying the ebony body with pride. Honey dipped orbs sweep over her surroundings, finding a shaded figure in the cavern painted with history. She watches closely, blinking several times as she sees memories of a lanky black foal with shimmering silver wings and a gnarled horn. A gentle gasp escapes her lips as she finally finds the face to the name, her companion already advancing towards the demi-god. Auds teeter as emeralds trail behind the ashen babe, lanky legs carrying the calf clumsily. A gentle grunt is given from the juvenile as he rushes to the side of the dark sir, silver clashes against silver as he raises his little snout to stare. He cocks his head as he looks at the massive wings, taking a few steps back as large ears tilt back. A sense of fear is felt from the babe, the girl feeling it radiating from his mind and body despite standing so far from him. She steps forward, swallowing what little pride she has left.

"Mesec?" She whispers, realizing the stallion is weeping, crystalline tears shimmering in the light that illuminates part of the cavern. Her lips purse as she cautiously moves closer, velveteen muzzle reaching towards the muscular shoulder of her brethren. It had been many seasons since she last saw him, the stallion who carries a thousand stars behind him. Her lioness tail weaves between her legs, twisting around her ankle as she gazes at the dark stallion. She remembers quite well the feelings she had gained when in his presence, that adorable school girl crush she had on him. It was faded now, almost as ancient as the drawings that littered the uneven surface before them. She's found herself a new Knight, her Knight with his grullo armor held her heart, although he had ran with it. In the past few months it seems he had stolen it from her breast and ran, because no matter where she looked she couldn't find him. By this time she assumed he was outside of Helovia, safe from the shadows that ate away at the surface of the realm. Deeper below however she fears the disease has gotten to him, turning him into a monster that only desires to feast upon the flesh of the living. Gods, she hoped with all her heart that that wasn't the case.

Her lips tremble gently, her tongue held as she tries to find her words. Maybe she still held onto Mesec in hopes one day she would worm her way into his heart, or maybe she just didn't want to let go of her bittersweet childhood. She inhales deeply, raising her crown slowly. "What troubles you?" She tries to soften her tone, letting it mellow out as she gazes into his heavenly eyes. Her dark forelock slips over her eyes, lashes fluttering as she tosses her crania gently, trying to remove the hair from her view. All that she wanted to gaze at right now was Mesec as she realizes maybe she has secretly longed for him. Maybe she was just using Carnesir as a cover up, a veil to separate her and her feelings towards the moon boy.

"Talk talk talk"
[couldn't resist ; A ;]

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
They are sentinels, guardians of corruption and cruelty, the omnipresent leer of evil grinning at the bright, the innocent, those with pure souls and unmarked hearts. Their presence is damning, here in the caverns where the persecuted flee in hopes of safety and sanctum; here they are an unseemly blight on the baby pink skin of valiance and honor. Abhorrent beasts- foul monsters- they observe, judgement carved into the hard lines of their marble faces, condemning the emotions of the sun and sky. Here in the Underground, the threat of death follows at every step, whispers promises of theft, pronounces the destitute loss of family near; why should the mongrel and the bitch allow the others to savor the lingering taste of elysium's sanctuary in the dark?

The daughter of Oblivion waches, amber eyes glistening and gleaming with sickly light, tracing the path of the nimble-legged moon-son (though she knows it not) making way to the wall of history. There the walls are carved deep and ragged with the sorrows of the past, the legends of years by and by.

An unsavory simper appears on sooty lips, a rough-hewn smile grim and vindictive. There is the click of claws on stone as the Mongrel melts away from the villainess' hooves, charcoal belly pressed low to stone and hard sod, lips peeled in mocking parody of a grin, infringing on the privacy of the hybrid boy who stands, who whispers to a mother not there. It is with pleasure that the kitsune crafts and concocts images of nightmarish allure, binds them close to his pelt, hoping, waiting for his chance to let the devilish dreams spill out over the yearling, to have him cower and whimper as his gravest nightmares press on his eyelids-

No. Confutatis imprints upon him, the syllable sharp and clear on the shadowy lands of his imperturbable mind. For she spies something else, and the Mongrel flits back to her heels, leaping from leg to shoulder to spine, crowning her withers.

The companions watch as another appears, glistening chocolate and ivory, a maiden fair, approaching the child who whines for his precious mama.

"I do wonder..." she breathes in cruel delight, and with all the sinuous serpentine grace of liquid shadow she flows towards him, the rattle of her hooves loud on stone, for she makes no effort to cloak herself. No, she watches that girl's batting eyelashes and mane-tossing- certainly she is not flirting with such a coward who bequeaths his mommy for help? And Mongrel slithers down the crest of her neck, landing lightly on the soil, moving in time to her towards the young ones, and she halts, a thousand curses at her lips but not forming on her tongue.

"In the time of the demon days," she preaches as eerie greeting, "there is no place for friendship, for death encroaches on us, scuttles beneath doorways and crawls in the eyes of all equines."

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to be bothered at the moment. But soon enough, my skin prickled as the sensation of no longer being alone took over me. The clack of small hooves hardly has me worried, and as I pull my cheek from the cool of wall, I was surprised to find myself looking down at a fawn. Not really meaning to, I cock my head at the obviously young creature as it produces a grunt. Despite the warring emotions of my head and of my heart, a soft chuckle escaped my lips at the creature's simple innocence and curiosity. His eyes were upon my wings, and as I stretch one wing out enough to allow the youngster easy access to investigate the appendage, a familiar voice catches in my ears, one that I recognized quickly as Frost Fyre's.

Lifting my head, I was pleased to see that I hadn't been wrong, and flashed the spotted girl a smile. Pain and heartbreak were still etched into the creases of my face, surely, but I did my best to conceal them and force the carefree expressions I usually bore. But the young mare must have noticed, for her lips purse and she approaches, reaching out and touching her muzzle to my shoulder. Returning the gesture by moving to press my muzzle briefly to the thick of her neck, I exhaled a long, but soft breath as she voiced her question, and I pulled my head back.

"It's complicated," came my answer, my own lips pursed, smile lost as I wondered how I could explain, if I even could. I was upset for failing to protect Psyche, for failing to find anybody else and leading them here to safety, with the exception of Ampere. I was angry that my Mother never seemed to answer my questions, even as the world seemed to be ending right before my very eyes. I abhored the fact that I didn't know what to do, that I had no guidance, that I was even holed up here to begin with. There was more troubling me, like the ever present worry that Father, though I loathed he and Aviya so, hadn't it made it and were caught in the darkness, turned into one of those hellish monstrosities, or even dead.

"Everything," I answered after a few moments, eyes darting briefly to Frost's before they fell back upon the ancient wall. "Whatever's happening to Helovia, I want to stop it. But I've heard no word from Mother as I did when darkness fell upon us last year."

I had meant to say more to my childhood friend, but the sound of another pair of hooves abruptly cuts me off. Snapping my head to the side, my eyes fell upon a white-faced devil, and though she hadn't spoken yet, she sent a shiver of discomfort down my spine. I remembered her as the one who had challenged Apollo's title and failed, calling my overo friend a coward and spewing words about how he would fall. Still at Frost Fyre's side, I turned to face the other fully, eyeing her and the small, two-tailed, sooty colored canine who leapt to the ground as the mare stopped.

She speaks, and I feel the corners of my mouth growing rigid, set in a contemplative, downwards curve. I'm uncertain why she speaks in such a way, and while my ears beg to flatten, I keep calm and composed as I mull over her words for a moment before speaking. "I have fought a demon before," I said, recalling the horrendous creature near the Heavenly Fields that had been borne of the eternal night. Many had rallied to stop it, and together, we had done so successfully, even if it had been stories high. "And death did not once encroach upon me."

Regarding the mare carefully, I remained where I stood, wondering exactly why she had approached us so. For now, though, I wouldn't budge. "Confutatis... wasn't it?"

"blah blah blah."

@[Confutatis]
image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The hard ground of the Basin shivered as the dark clouds rolled in, bringing with it nothing but pain and fear. Crake... Sikeax, names of horses he knew, or once had known, their smiles now twisted into something far more sinister than he'd ever seen on their faces before, their bodies mutated and vile. A band three horses strong stood against them, a spotted stallion, himself and a bay with a ruby horn. They lost, the red crowned taken into the sickness and he simply ran, not caring for the consequences nor sparing a thought for the stallion who was there with him. The world was so cold and haunted eyes watched his every move until finally Sacre brought himself out from his doze and the terrible dream drifted off. Dream... More like memory. These dark thoughts were distracting him from the real world and with quite commendable determination, he set off with the intent of moving forward. The colt was ashamed and terribly shaken, so much had happened in just over one year of his life. Right now was his test of maturity and Sacre met it with an even gaze, setting off from Sanctuary heading right.

He remembered a few days ago, the first meeting after they'd fled when to his relief he'd found the bay face of Roux, it took him a while to notice his new friend, a chick only like the one in the mountains. Was it the same bird? Had his twin's gentle heart touched another and Sacre smiled, genuinely happy. Roux was blind to the worlds visual wonders, though he got by very well and often saw more than Sacre could with his two eyes, but maybe with his new friend his brother would live a much more fulfilling life filled with joy and less of loneliness. Their father had been their too, as stoic and intimidating as ever, though Sacre couldn't say he wasn't happy to see him. He was a colt in a crisis, the face of his father was indeed a welcome sight and one of safety, a sense of calmness came over him in the cave knowing at least one of his parents were here. Yet, that didn't stop Sacre worrying about mother, though he knew his mother to be a strong mare. Surely, she would be fine.

The crowded sense of the cave closed in on the colt as he moved at a walk, ears twitching in uncertainty, tail flicking his uncomfortable feeling. He didn't know everyone here, he was in a strange place that was almost like a labyrinth of paths and Sacre would later say it was by chance that he spotted an egg, neatly tucked away next to a small rock near the wall. It's smooth, shiny surface catching the eye of Sacre. It was small, big enough to house a child, but small enough for Sacre to manage to carry it carefully, blue eyes wide with wonder as he contemplated what being inhabited it. He looked about with concern, no mother to watch over it and luckily to predators to destroy the precious life waiting for the right moment inside. All in one moment it meant many things, but significantly Sacre felt hope again, that even when surrounded by death there was life. There was beginning, hiding in the darkest corners and courageously surviving.

Sacre had no choice. He had to be brave now and find the iron in his heart to weather the storm and protect the precious life chance had gifted him.

Just when he was about to turn and find Roux to show his brother of his new find, the boy heard voices, two strange, but one was familiar. Frost Fyre. He didn't know her all that well, but enough to recognize voice and appearance. He continued walking warily, the walls becoming littered with etchings of times long past and Sacre had only the briefest moments to stare in wonder at the fountain before he noticed his company.

Indeed Frost Fyre was there, in all her mahogany glory and splattered in white, a horn and a leonine tail defining her lineage. With her was a creature that looked like a deer calf with an odd tattoo and gangly legs. Just like Roux, she too had found a friend to share her adventures with. As blue eyes continued, he saw a dark horse then, at least a year older than himself with impressive wings and memorizing silver shimmers, a crown atop his obsidian head, a half breed. An eyeful at that too, though Sacre had not recognized the unseen ties that bound himself to this stranger, a close one of kinship. Lastly, he turned to the equine, her harsh and skin crawling words mixed with her dark appearance made Sacre swallow, she almost reminded him of the infected that crawled around outside. At least they were corrupted light, but the colt could only see dark in this mare and her fox, who looked a little like Natraj, but with one less tail.

It was a strange atmosphere as he carefully placed his egg behind his front legs, bringing his head back up to gaze at them through blue eyes, stood in the entry way into the room. A situation to run away from perhaps, though Mr Lace had taught him not to judge that day long ago in the meadow, even though he was disappointed that the world had been so cruel afterwards. He still believed in those words, however. "It's good to see you escaped, Frost Fyre" he announced his presence if not already known, smiling at the appaloosa mare, not knowing what else to say, having intruded on a conversation that didn't sound so pleasant.

[derp, hope you don't mind the intrusion!]
esveeka, table by sevin

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
The small, blackened creature squeals in delight and fear as the stallion opens his wing enough for the babe to examine them, silver eyes twinkling with excitement. He reaches his head out to lick one of the feathers, then goes to pull one out, in the babe's eyes, shiny things were things to be kept. And these sparkly feathers caught the calf's eye, and when something catches his eye, he won't look away. The ebony coated girl simply watches, raising a brow as the babe strains to nip at a feather. A soft chuckle escapes her dark lips, tail swinging gently as she watches him.

Delicate words are spoken, responded to with few words from the Moon boy. A frown travels across her lips as she gazes at him, leaning forward and murmuring, "you may tell me anything, Moon boy." Lyrics are sung playfully, harmoniously as she leans forward, battering her lashes and raising her crown to stand at full height. He tells her that his mother has not spoken to him since the darkness that took place last year. She wants to tell him he's lucky that his mother is immortal, and doesn't desire to throw herself from a cliff, but she holds her tongue. Instead she rolls her eyes, smiling slightly as she sings out again, "are parents ever present in their kids' lives?" She huffs, thinking of her father, who she barely talks to. And then her mother, whose charred body is probably soaking on the bottom of the ocean. She kind of enjoyed being alone with him, for she hadn't talked to him in such a long time. She wants to read her head on his shoulders and catch up with him, talk with him and laugh with him. Oh but her Knight wouldn't be so happy with that, now would he?

Well, now their precious moment was over, because a new being strode in. One the girl thought she would never set eyes on ever again. She sucks air into her lungs, holding her breath and staring at the dark mare. She can feel her heart begin to throb, instinctively stepping back towards Mesec. "Y-you!" She exhales, her scars suddenly reopened as she remembers being threatened by this wicked bitch and her bloody lover. She swings her head, wielding her crystal dagger. "S-stay away from me!" Her vessel begins to panic, lanky legs wobbling about as he scrambles behind her, trembling as her memories flood into his mind.

Another soul, a darker one appears in the entry way, small, youthful just as she. It's Sacre, she can tell by the blue eyes and red stains along his body, the red sword that protrudes from his brow. He speaks to her, and she lets out a smile, cautiously glancing at the mare from Hell, the one Mesec calls Confutatis. "The same goes for you, Sacre." As lyrics ring, emeralds wander to the pale egg at his hooves, a curious glint to her gems. "Oh? You've found yourself a friend?" She peers at it, although from the distance she stands peering doesn't do much. She dares not to walk past the mare, nor leave the side of the Moon boy, so she simply gazes at it. Oh, it brings back such memories of her, searching for those three essentials to get her own bonded.

And then she recalls the pure ecstasy when she received the egg from the beached whale, carrying it around with pride. She expected it to be an avian creature, instead it hatched as a deer, a bulky bodied calf with a klutzy personality. Somehow she knew he would grow to be a graceful, wise being, however, she found that that time was yet to come. But when it did, she would surely find that the two bonded beings would click almost instantly.

"Talk talk talk"

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
Youth; pretentious children with their unlikely dreams and laughable hopes, with the ability to make light of what was dark. Confutatis did not envy them, nor she could she imagine of how powerful innocence was, for she herself had been denied the luxury of a childhood, with her acidic saliva and poison mouth. From the moment she sprung from the womb, she was scorned and shunned. She did not know this made her what she was. No, she considered herself lucky to have avoided a mother's love and father's demands.

The Lady Death is a denizen of destruction, a vassal of misery, and enthralled by her own evil she forgets what might have been and could have been.

Spittle drips from her lips as she throws a scornful glance towards the boy king and his wise council. Confutatis does not care for the preaching of misplaced faith! Indeed, she laughs at him, a grating, croaking scent rather similar to the cackle of a nefarious witch, nostrils flaring, and her grin is Death. "This is the undead, warlock magic you deal with, b o y, and the living do not live when the dead is not dead." Amber eyes gleam with wicked amusement at sight of his wariness, teeth bared in gruesome grim smile, foam dripping from her charcoal lips, and she leers, an adult among children, a wolf among lambs. How easy killing it would be!

There is a trembling exhale sputtering from ochre muzzle; she casts the vulgar yellow of her gaze upon Silverhorn, the child lady, who quivers and shivers; how touching it is, the sight of fear and t e r r o r. "Do not worry- I have little care for children." Idle tones state as mockery of comfort and conciliation- despite it's truthfulness- her voice void of sincerity, filled with crawling malice.

Mongrel's lips curl into crescent moon grin, tongue slipping flippantly to trace the contours of his wet black lips.

With an odd jerk her head turns, to view the boy who approaches; there is a cock to her skull, a sibilant tilt that echoes of something sinister. "Good is vile and bad is ecstacy," she responds, despite the comment not being directed to her. A hoof cocks beneath her as the mare settles her weight, seeming at ease surrounded by possible foes (children! as if!)

sorry for the late post guys, I totally forgot about this thread!
Join the Regime.