the Rift

The fuck am I? {asylum}

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Rostislav

Ugh. I groan as I wake up and blink my eyes heavily. I look around me, not recognizing a single tree. The fuck happened? I mean, I can gather that I'm somewhere different. That much is pretty obvious. But where is "somewhere"? I shake my forelock out of my face. Everything is still a little blurry. "Well, shit, that's what it must have been. I got here and then passed the fuck out." Mother Russia was far behind me then. I groaned again and stuck my front hooves out in front of me, and my muscles groan as I heavy my carcass to a standing position. I smack my side with my tail, the stingy thud waking me up a little. Theoretically the cold of Frostfall should have done that, but my thick winter coat prevents me from feeling much of the chill. At least not yet. I yawn, my jagged teeth showing awkwardly. Looking around, I try to gather an understanding of my surroundings. There's nothing substantial, and I'm not sure exactly where I should go. Well, that's retarded. Quickly I glance down at my shoulder. "Ahhh, there you are. Glad I didn't lose you." I move down to the jug at my shoulders and grab on with my teeth, pushing down on the hinge as I do. I lift it to my mouth and the blessed taste of vodka slips between my lips, into my mouth, and down my throat. Ah, just what I needed. It burns in my throat, but that's one of my favorite parts. I lower the jug again, letting the lip fall back over to preserve what I have. Of course, I'll need more soon, but for now I think I'll just rest. I glance around. Nothing stirs in the frosty morning. With a sigh and another groan I lower my carcass back to the ground. No hurry to move really. I think I'll just... stay... heeeeeere..... I roll onto my side and begin to snore as I doze off again.

@[Circuta]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

The Nightingale remembers the eons and centuries ago in which the lands were not covered in the illness and disease that pursues them into the umbra, the Labyrinth that winds and curves within the contours of the very spine of Loorien itself; snarling with slavering jaws and hackles raised— a wolf upon the scent of prey and fresh claret upon its lolling tongue. The entertained voices of the daemons in which haunt her breathe into a fractured mind and batter against the walls of a entombed prison within her bosom that she is but a frail and feeble babe in the comparison of that which has raised her from the birth of her endeavors, from the womb of the country known as Helovia in of itself. She does not hold but a dime in comparison to that which has disappeared and faded into the darkness's barbarous gullet, she does not sing life into the flesh of woven creations as the seraph, nor breathe fealty into being as the Jester. She does not aspire to the throne as the froth sent King— does not glitter and gleam as the face of the childe songbird. She is the merest of all beings, the frailest, and so she has aspired with the rumors of children lost in the midst of the demons grasp to savior those lost, to bring them forth to salvation, even if she shall always be cast away from it's sheltering wings.

She remembers the screams between the travels of the Heart of her homeland and the entrance of her people.
Agonizing, frightened cries to the heavens above— and the Nightingale did not come to them.
She did not come to that which beckoned for aid with a child's sob.

Within the crumbled walls of a torn cranium, she recognizes that she shall have no rest tonight (and why does she deserve it's bliss?).
And so the woman has come, come to the entrance of her lands (and the cowardice voice at the back of her mind tremors with the urge to simply usher her people away from terror and rot, from disease and daemons, from the cruelties of reality and the harshness of loss), the clouds of damnation boiling within the glimpses of a cerulean sky above, creams and pinks and the bloodiest of vermilion and the fresh air only brings forth gut wrenching agony (she could not save them).

Yet as the Nightingale meanders beneath widespread limbs, she finds something far beyond the simplicity of a child.
A brute is lain upon the earth before her, a frame of soot and ash, of terracotta and obsidian (they rise from his dome in twin pairs, draconic down his dome), a leonine tail curving from his hind and a dual toned apparel draped from his neck (he is rugged, built as a statue). A curving strap leads from his shoulders down to a jug as that of a drunkard would deem appropriate— he reminds her of another beast, a soldier to whom she has grown (a little) too attached too— and he seems to lay as frail and soft as a newborn kitten. If it were not for the rise and fall of his sides, the Nightingale would think him dead (her heart thuds to and fro with anxiety in her bosom).

A clearing of the throat (it is so dry) and the faintest of wetting of a alabaster maw is the only signs she is there, until lyrical words are sung forth with hesitant intentions, frightened for both he and she; for even the quietest of voices may draw forth the murderous beasts from their hives. "I beg ye, vagabond, do not rest your dome here. We are in grave danger, for the very roots of this land are damned to the diseases that have chased us into the Labyrinth below." Manners are not forgotten in the back of the woman's mind; the pang of hunger a dim reminder of her thinning framework; a bow of the dome in a polite air.
"I am Circuta, the temporary Queen of my people. You have come to a land known as Helovia, although you have entered our realm in dark times. I beckon thee with us, for you are not safe here."

@[Rostislav] @[Oxy]

lay me down
let the only sound
be the overflow

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You follow her, a puppy at her heels, inhaling deeply, trying to stay rooted in the present instead of whisked away into the past. You've been doing your duty, aiding the war effort when it's your turn, but sometimes it isn't your turn. Sometimes you deserve rest, deserve a break, deserve peace. Of course, deserving something does not mean it will come. Peace does not come to you, peace is so far from your mind in this moment that you don't even bother asking for it. Because you know it won't come, you know it's wasted breath, you know it's nothing but a dream that you should get to have peace. No, each limping step still calls forth the chant in your head that won't go away. Drugs. Drugs. Drugs. Drugs. You need them.

And yet, puppy as you are, you wouldn't dream of letting the Phantom Seeker out into this word alone. There is too much evil, too much waste, too many monsters ready to jump at her without a moment's notice. You are her guardian, her savior, her knight in shining armor, if she will let you be. Why? Because she infectious. She opens her mouth and you are left hanging on every word, she moves and you follow with your eyes and body, she shifts and you thank the gods for the winds that might brush against your hide. She is perfect and you are but a warrior, and she won you over with her cunning and words. But even if it wasn't only lust, as you tell yourself it is, you are not worthy of her perfection.

You follow her to the form of a sleeping beast on the ground, a miniature monster who have a rush of instantaneous feelings for. First of all, you're the only addict around here- no need for competition. Second of all, he's a moron sleeping on the ground unprotected like that. However, on a lighter note, he has commanded the attention of your, no, the, Phantom Seeker, and you find yourself able to listen to her once more, eating the words that aren't meant for you but enjoying them anyways.

And you hate to ruin the whimsy of her voice with the brusque grumbling of your own, so you only snort and step up beside the Phantom Seeker, looking around you with cautious eyes, watching for signs of monsters in the shadows. And all the while, memories poke at your mind, threatening to break through what little sanity you have found. You try to hold them at bay, but you are not an unmovable force and your memories are an unstoppable wind that will find their way into every crook, cranny and crevice of you mind. Given time, they will take you down. So you return your gaze to the Phantom Seeker and try to lose yourself in her violet eyes. You convince yourself it's for the sake of your sanity.
Oxy
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

My snores have grown loud, but I have no dreams. Peaceful, at least, are the vodka-induced sleeps that I have grown accustom to. Sure, sometimes I have those horrific nightmares, memories of my childhood. Why do you think I drink? If the drink will help keep me sane, or mostly sane, then drink up! I grunt in my sleep. Did I hear something? It keeps making sound. Words, I think can distinguish words. A female? Why would I care.. wait. Female. Heeeeeyo I like them. My eyelids part and I blink a couple times. Damn the sun! A low groan passes my lips and I tilt my head up. Aw shit there's a man there too. I huff at them both. Her words did not make it all the way into my ears. Didn't she know I was sleeping? C'mon, let sleeping dogs lie.

But then, she's a pretty lady. I suppose... Hnnngg... With effort I raise my body to a standing position once more. I stare at her. Love dem ladies. I walk over to her and sniff. But all I can smell at the moment is my own vodka breath. I move a couple steps over and sniff the male. He is close to her, like a little lost puppy in love. I sniff him. He smells funky. "That ain't Vodka." I snort with my laughter. "Whatever that drank is, you better take it easy, son." I look at them both and my vision crosses. "Woah. Stop movin'. I gotta make sure there are two of you. A girl and a boy. Now, who are ya again and why'd ya wake me?" My voice is low and a little gruff. But I did just wake up, can't they respect that? I yawn, and my vodka-laced breath floats their way.

"Well c'mon now speak up, don't got all day."

Text text text.
"Words words words."

@[Circuta]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.