the Rift

[OPEN] she came from the see; and to it returns...

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

At first I cannot see the source of the noise that caused me to turn away from my vision of Alejandro. Whatever it is, it is beyond the circle of pale light that I am standing in and I have been standing here long enough that I am unable to see very far into the darker areas beyond it. Then it makes itself known with a playful, rabbit-like hop, and a joyful childish squeal.

“Mommy!”

I have never, ever been called that before though I’ve always wanted to be. My own dear Zetto died prior to attempting anything resembling clear speech. My heat melts…

I watch the fluff of a tail, also rather rabbit like, twitch back and forth nervously as the youngling discovers I am not who she thought I would be. A small smile sparkles at the corner of my eyes while I observe the worry and confusion play across the girl child’s very open face. It lasts only long enough for her to acknowledge the existence of such feelings before she dashes them aside with enthusiasm and excitement.

All this time I have not moved, I have simply been looking her over. She is a beautiful creature, seal brown with golden highlights here and there. The stubs on her head that appear to be of a horn like substance suggest that she is of my friend Elsiyum’s kind. I seem to be finding a great many of them around here. Not that I mind of course, it just makes me wonder and worry that perhaps those of my own kind never made it safely to the underground. This stranger is tiny and delicate, evidently only days in this world but there is also a healthy strength to her. I feel for the mother having to bring such a fine child into the world here of all places.

Another greeting escapes the foal’s mouth this one evidently meant for me and she comes prancing closer having cast all fear aside. Still I do not move my body not wanting to startle her or get in the way of her awkward legs.

"Allo, to you too little one…”

Seeing her eyes on my mane I toss my head lightly causing the colorful twists of seaweed to dangle forward and the small shells to clash against one another in a musical tinkle.

“I’ve never seen a rabbit quite like you before. What is your name?”

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: she came from the see; and to it returns... - by Mermaid - 02-08-2014, 02:25 PM