the Rift

[OPEN] she came from the see; and to it returns...

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra

MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

The green-gold gaze is fixed firmly on my face and I think that this child could get anything out of anyone with those eyes and that smile. Lucky she does not want anything from me but attention and that she has already claimed. I watch her cavort and caper about me in growing amusement glad that I have chosen to remain still. Considering the speed and randomness of her movements I would surely have collided with her despite my own surefooted grace. She is a golden-yellow blur of constant motion and then she freezes directly in front of me and stretches an inquisitive muzzle towards the dangling decorations in my hair. Contact is made with the largest of them and they go swinging against each other once more making the odd, tinkling music again. Her reaction is to scamper back in case of a retaliatory bite, or at least I assume that is the reason.

A warm laugh escapes me at these antics, I do not think I have ever met someone more interested in my eccentric babbles than in me before. Clearly it has been too long since I was around children. Her question about rabbits catches me by surprise, a fact I illustrate with an almost involuntary snort. How could even such a young child have never seen a rabbit before? Being one of the most prolific warm blooded creatures alive they are everywhere and I in all my travels have never set foot in a land where they did not exist in some form. Then I remember where I am, where we are. Blast these caves… they are clearly detrimental to the education of the young!

“Rabbits are furry creatures with short, fluffy tails, long ears and big feet. They like to leap and bound about as you are doing. I don’t think they like caves though, the ground is too hard for them to burrow into.”

Ah, and the little rabbit has a name, one she is even willing to share with me. In fact she seems quite proud to say it and she should be, it is a fine name.

“Pleased to meet you Asch, I am Mermaid. If you don’t mind I think I might keep calling you “Rabbit”, at least for today.”

I add the last comment with a wink and a grin. It seems that this is the extent of the attention she is willing to give me with the mystery of the colorful dangly things still taunting her. Yet another toss of my head starts up the small symphony again for the child’s pleasure.

“These? They are… memories… of home, of love, of happiness… all long ago and far away...”

But she, innocent creature that she is, will not understand these things. How does one explain memories to a babe barely old enough to remember the last thought she had? How does one explain love of the deep, destructive, shattering kind to a child not yet comfortable in her own identity? Well, you don’t… at least I don’t… not when her presence has so lightened my mood. I will not return to that sadness to teach her of things she will be happier without the knowledge of. Such is the job of a mother, not a stranger or even a friend.

“That is what they are to me anyway. Anyone else would tell you that they are sea shells and be quite right too. They wash up on sandy beaches in ocean tides after the creatures that once lived in them have abandoned them for whatever reason.”

Oceans, beaches and sea creatures more things she will know nothing of… oh, well. A small, wistful sigh escapes my lips before I turn my sunny smile back on the girl.

“Would you like to have one?”

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Asch] Sorry again that this took so darn long.
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Messages In This Thread
RE: she came from the see; and to it returns... - by Mermaid - 03-22-2014, 04:58 PM